[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I'm looking to buy my first gun, but I pride myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
Hey /k/, I'm looking to buy my first gun, but I pride myself on my intelligence. What would you say is The Thinking Man's pistol?
>>
>>29301234

Are you a fedora?
If so, just get a Glock and then come back to /k/ and shill for Glocks nonstop for the rest of your life, like all the others.
>>
A fuckin' airsoft gun you goddamn trilby tipping faggot.
>>
>>29301234
Something you probably cannot afford.
>>
>>29301234

Well, since you were kind enough to establish right off that you are an insufferable cunt I'd recommend a Hi Point. Go ahead and get one then shoot yourself in the face.
>>
>>29301234
>being this vaccinated
>>
>>29301234

Thinking man's pistol? If you're really into that idealized image of bourbon, cigars, a thick leather chair, and a good book... A classic style revolver fits that pretty well. Perhaps a Ruger single-nine to start, or maybe a Ruger Vaquero?

If you're talking about someone who's actually intelligent and not concerned about muh special snowflake pistol, you get whatever semi-auto handgun will be the most reliable, and that you can shoot in any condition. Personally I suggest a good 'ol glock in 9mm, but an M&P full size, Springfield XDM, Beretta, HK, or CZ will probably do you just fine.

If you're a thinking man, you should really be able to do your own research and come to your own conclusion on what gun will fit your wants/needs best.
>>
>>29301234
Mauser c96.

Make sure to get one from ww2 and refinish it.
>>
>>29301351
you deviant
>>
>>29301234
>I pride myself on my intelligence
chuckles
>>
File: PEO_M240B_Profile.jpg (222 KB, 1714x822) Image search: [Google]
PEO_M240B_Profile.jpg
222 KB, 1714x822
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
>>29301489
>pondering the duality of man as you remove kebab
>>
>>29301234
Alright, I'm going to give you my standard spiel and then I'm going to give you my opinion.

A gun is a tool. The use and purpose might be controversial but at the end of the day, that's what it is. That being said, you don't use an electric drill to drive nails and so you must know the purpose of the gun you wish to buy.

If we're talking about a defensive/General Purpose Handgun, the answer is... whatever feels right to you. Every gun is different just as every shooter's hand is different. You might have a 1911 hand. You might have a Glock hand. You might have a hand suited for any number of other, good, quality pistols. Go to a range, shoot a variety of guns in a variety of calibers. If you shoot it accurately and it feels right in your hand, then it is right.

Now, as to the thinking man's handgun? A high quality 1911 or perhaps the offerings from Sig-Sauer.
>>
>>29301550
This. A rifle is standard equipment, it needs to be compatible, light, accurate etc. You carry a rifle.

You WEAR a pistol, and use it only when shit goes real bad, you want the one that suits you the best and nobody can choose for you.

I would say that the "scholarly gentleman" gun is one that is carried cocked and locked, it might not be the best system for standardization because you need to teach people to flip the safety off when they shoot, but if you are self taught it isn't a big deal.

Not only do you get a smooth consistent pull, but since you carry it with the safety on you can even replace the trigger parts/springs and lighten the trigger to 3-4 lb which is a real objective improvement. (although less important than you may think)

As for which gun, a CZ or tanfoglio if you want metal, an HK if you want polymer.
>>
File: suicide-pistol.jpg (45 KB, 687x541) Image search: [Google]
suicide-pistol.jpg
45 KB, 687x541
>>29301234
>>
>>29301234
This isn't a lifestyle or fashion statement you cuck. It is a tool you use to defend your life. Get what shoots well for you. Jamal doesn't give a fuck what you shoot him with when he robs your house.

Also before you get on my case about the name, Jamal is white you fucking racist.
>>
File: cutlass.jpg (20 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
cutlass.jpg
20 KB, 500x333
>>29301234
>What would you say is The Thinking Man's pistol?

A true thinking man wouldn't debase himself with something as crude and uncivilized as a firearm. A blade, the proper employment of which demands an equally sharp and disciplined mind, is the only proper weapon for a man of noteworthy intellect.
>>
>>29301660
Kek'd
>>
FN Browning Hi-Power
>>
>>29301234

Get a FN Five-SeveN.
>>
>>29301629
But anon, I want to look cool in front of my peers as I tell them all about my new piece. Right up until I demonstrate how the safety works by pulling the trigger with the gun to my head.
>>
>>29301712
Pretty good plan to be honest, familia.
>>
A stun gun.
>>
File: 1443671477646.jpg (447 KB, 1143x857) Image search: [Google]
1443671477646.jpg
447 KB, 1143x857
>>29301234
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

If Keanu is not a thinking man I don't know who is.
>>
>>29301629
Shut up you angry virgin fag, damn.
>>
>>29301660
>cutlass

>not superior japanese katana folded over 100,000 times.

are you even trying?
>>
>>29301234
this gun is the best at triggering scrubs
>>
>>29301794
Great response. 10/10.
>>
File: The Duelists 1.jpg (39 KB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
The Duelists 1.jpg
39 KB, 640x492
>>29301234
Twin lack powder dueling pistols and a cavalry sword mounted over the fireplace
>>
>>29301882
god I hate it so much
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.