[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can you tell me /k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1457533992702.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
1457533992702.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1125
What info can you tell me about this shotgun /k/?

>inb4 its a shotgun
>inb4 other stupid obvious shit
>>
>>29299924
Its got a pistol grip
>>
>>29299924

Mossberg 590 with aftermarket polymer "sawn off" grip and a Magpul front grip.

Mossberg 590 is a great shotgun, that sawn off grip would probably be really unpleasant to actually shoot.
>>
>>29299924
It's not a shotgun.
>>
>>29299934
That's more of a birds head grip
>>
>>29299941
I could see someone inexperienced having a weird, shitty hold on that grip and getting injured because recoil is a bitch.
>>
>>29299924
Once and for all:
This gun started out as a pistol grip only Mossberg 500 shotgun
The owner bought a 14" barrel kit directly from Mossberg, a standard heat shield, a magpul forend, and a raptor grip by Shockwave technologies.
The Magpul forend doesn't fit the 6 3/4" action slide tube, it fits the 7 5/8" tube that's more common (6 3/4 is used for wood forearms mostly). The owner somehow modified it to fit on the smaller slide tube that this gun has to have because the barrel is too short and the longer tube would hit the barrel mounting screw.
This gun is NOT an NFA shotgun because it was purchased as a 'firearm' because it had a pistol grip. A shotgun has to have a buttstock.
Because it's a firearm, the only requirement is that it's overall length must be 26".
With the 14" barrel, a standard pistol grip won't make the gun long enough. The raptor grip makes it roughly 26.5" long.
Someone cap this shit for next time.
>>
OP can't inb4
>>
File: 2016-03-14 05.03.56 1_resized.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14 05.03.56 1_resized.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>29299924
>What info can you tell me about this shotgun /k/?
It's gay as fuck with that tassel on the birds head grip. That said, it'd be a nice breaching tool if it had a stand off on the muzzle.
>>
>>29300066
How do you know all this?
Was the owner a /k/ommando?
It would be great to know how he modified the forearm to fit the smaller tube.. Also how many shells it holds (assuming 5)
>>
>>29300066
How is it not an NFA item?
>>
>>29300348
Shotguns are legally defined as having a buttstock

It was not manufactured with a buttstock, therefore it is not a shotgun

not-shotguns do not have barrel length restrictions, just to OAL restriction to keep it a 'firearm' and not an AOW
>>
>>29300382
Thanks, I was just curious. I've been thinking about picking up a second shotgun. I think I'm sold now.

Someone should tell the anons who bought $500 breaching axes...
>>
>>29300348
Because in order for it to be a shotgun it has to have a or at one point had a butt stock so its not a SBS. In order for it to be a AOW it has to be concealable and the ATF says that means under 26 inches. Since this is over 26 inches its not an AOW. This is literally just a firearm over 26 inches.
>>
>>29300066
How does a standard heat shield fit flush with a 14" Barrel? Is the bead on the end custom too?
>>
>>29300706
Probably an ATI shield with a hole punched for a bead,and the bead is either on the barrel or screwed into the heatshield
>>
>>29300293
Yeah the owner is a /k/ommando. I made a thread like this at one time and he joined and talked about it. Look in the family photo threads he has the picture of the guns on the bed and they look like a blanket.
I think it holds one less than the normal amount. I'd like to know how it was modified too, he wasn't too specific. He said once you got it in person it would be easier to see than for him to explain.

>>29300706
I'm not certain how the bead stayed on because I don't own a heatshield yet. My guess is that they have holes on the top that match the sides and you can just stretch it down over the barrel and it would fit into one of the holes. I know that forearm isn't supposed to be used with a heat shield, but if you look close I think he cut part of it behind the forearm and I have heard you can just crimp it closer to the barrel with pliers and it will work.
>>
Bump for the hell of it.
>>
It's got a magpul thing and a boobie tassel on the end it's black too
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.