[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I been looking for getting a personal revolver because I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: image:46809.jpg (325 KB, 1224x1224) Image search: [Google]
image:46809.jpg
325 KB, 1224x1224
I been looking for getting a personal revolver because I want something to protect myself and to have something to have fun with.

I been looking at a ruger black powder revolver and changing out the cylinders to accept 45lc rounds but I don't know where to go get one besides from online order but I did have thoughts about just getting a revolver from a gunstore but the idea of paper trails don't fly with me because I don't want to be constantly paranoid so I'm trying out gunshows maybe.

Anyway I want to hear what is your personal favorite when it comes to revolvers particularly single actions and ehat is your preferred ammo?

Also to anyone that is going to question my reasons fuck off and die because I don't want to deal with bullshit alright!
>>
>>29293797
What, are you fighting uppity injuns or something?
>>
>>29293797
>afraid of a paper trail

100% chance of either being a felon or a fucking moron.
>>
>>29293797
>Also to anyone that is going to question my reasons fuck off and die because I don't want to deal with bullshit alright!
Jesus, what are you? Twelve?
>>
>>29293797

I sure hope you have the fat rolls you're going to need to CC that thing if you're absolutely set on it.
>>
>blackpowder for self defense
>afraid of a paper trail
Yeah op is a felon
>>
>>29293797
you bought the worlds most modern blackpowder revolver that any blackpowder shooter would like to have and are trying to turn it into the most outdated cartridge revolver possible?

if papertrails bother you buy illegally or privately
>>
>>29293815
I wish we where in that timeline

>>29293827
Fuck off I'm not a criminal

>>29293833
No I'm not I'm older than that

>>29293836
not fat but I can just stick it in my pants and call it good

>>29293848
I don't like knowing there is a record of me owning a revolver alright

>>29293854
Hey man 45LC can kill just as reliable as any other caliber can and it has been pretty fucking effective from history
>>
File: whateveryousayanon.jpg (5 KB, 222x215) Image search: [Google]
whateveryousayanon.jpg
5 KB, 222x215
>>29293897

>not a criminal

So you are just fucking stupid then?

Because those are the options.
>>
>>29293934
I'm not fucking stupid I just don't want papers saying I own a revolver fuck head

If I get a gun from the gunstore then twenty years later the gunstore will have the option to either send it off to the ATF or fuck off but I ain't taking the fucking risk
>>
File: doyouthinkitwisesire.jpg (8 KB, 236x325) Image search: [Google]
doyouthinkitwisesire.jpg
8 KB, 236x325
>>29293972

Confirmed stupid, I see.

Even if some paperwork is sent to the ATF, it is inevitably lost in massive, poorly archived warehouses of similar papers. There they will be stuffed into a box, and left to rot until they are inevitably shredded to make room for more papers.

Tl;dr, they don't give a shit you want some fuddgun. Just buy the damn thing and stop posting.
>>
>>29293972
no your fucking stupid
a ruger old army is roughly 450-500 bucks the conversions 335
800 bucks is more than enough to get something not traceable to you from a private sale legally or illegal and the gun wont be outdated by a century even if its a fuckin hi point
>>
>>29293797

>also to anyone that is going to question my reasons fuck off and die because I don't want to deal with bullshit alright!
You sound extremely immature.
>>29293897
This isn't helping my impression of you. You also sound a little stupid.
>>29293972
Yeah, you're a fucking idiot. Please don't buy a gun, I'm 100% sure you'll just become more ammunition for the libtards to use against gun owners and enthusiasts.
Maybe get a can of pepper spray and a rape whistle instead.
>>
>>29294011
>Even if some paperwork is sent to the ATF
>he doesnt know that the ATF requires FFL holders to maintain all records until their death
>he also doesnt know that upon the death of the FFL holder that the next of kin are legally obligated to send all records directly to the ATF
topkek
>>
File: ireallythinknotsir.jpg (8 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
ireallythinknotsir.jpg
8 KB, 237x213
>>29294121

>sent to the atf
>where they are shoved in boxes
>barely recorded
>eventually shredded.

Those records are public. Try to have the ATF access yours.

Go on, I dare you.
>>
>>29294011
>>29294038
>>29294086
Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck all of you

>>29294121
Atleast SOMEONE gets what I'm saying jesus christ thank the lord there are those that aren't brain dead
>>
>>29294166
>barely recorded
This is how I know you dont have an FFL.
>>
Semi related.

I just got a 1858 remington.

A friend says I can clean it easily by just taking out grips and cylinder then removing nipples.

Take everything and throw it into soapy hot water and brushing it down with a toothbrush and running a fe patches.

Then they say to rinse with clean hot water and blow dry + relube with ballistol.

Is this safe?

I am really trying not to have to take it down every time due to how fragile these screws are.
>>
>>29294173
>>29293972
>>29293897

>being this mad
What a fucking pansy. You've dug your own grave on this one. Either delete this thread, wait a few hours, and then try again without all the HURR DURR FUCK OFF AND DIE UR STUPID BRAINDEAD etc. That's what fucked this thread up, and you responding to every single person calling you an idiot just made it even worse.
Grow up and learn how anonymity on the internet functions before posting shit like this and then getting mad about it.

I'm completely sure you're a teenager.
>>
>>29294203
I think it goes like this

Use boiling hot water then wash everything and I mean EVERYTHING then quickly dry the fuck out of it then wash it down with oil and make sure to cover everything with oil

Otherwise I have no fucking idea but you can't go wrong with oil thats for damn sure
>>
>>29294281
Then leave my thread then why are you wasting your time on here shitting it up calling me an idiot and a criminal?

I just wanted a thread about revolvers and shit but nope you had to come alone and fuck shit up just like that fucking ivy slut that damn fucking hippie bitch needs to fuck off forever like you should be doing right now jackass
>>
>>29294303
Do I really have to take it apart every time?

I already fucked up the screw slightly on the loading lever while removing packing grease. ;_;
>>
>>29294344
>I already fucked up the screw slightly
Then get better at using a screw driver and make sure that your bits are hollow ground.
>>
>>29294359
I was using my gunsmithing screwdriver with hollowground bits.

I still managed to scratch the top of the slit.
>>
>>29294344
Well I mean you can get the barrel and the cylinder insides chromed and have the outside cerakoted
>>
>>29294404
Im going to be cleaning the cylinder.

Also the outside.

What im saying is im planning on taking off thre grips and throwing the whole frame into a hot water tub with soap.

Id also probably remove trigger guard since its brass. The only parts I wouldnt be removing would be the arm/hammer/cylinder stop and trigger assembly.
>>
>>29294344
you dont need to detail strip the damn thing everytime you clean it unless you clean the gun like a retard aka submerging the whole thing in water
>>
>>29294379
Make sure to use a bit the same size as your screw head and make sure you use your free hand as a guide to make sure you dont slip out and scratch more stuff.
>>
File: 20160315_193858.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160315_193858.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>29294344
You should take it apart completly unless you didn't shot more than one cylinder or so.

Once you git good and figure out how to properly manage the fouling, you might be able to clean the whole thing with oil only a do a full dissasembly only from time to time.
>>
>>29294460
How would you clean it then without detail stripping?
>>
>>29294517
by field stripping it and cleaning as best as i could
detail stripping something every single time you want to clean is an massive pain in the ass

i can understand detail stripping when you first get it or every x rounds or once a year but not every single cleaning its unessary
>>
>>29294566
Any chance you could describe your process?

You have a 1858?
>>
>>29294496
Your presentation case is coming along nicely.
>>
>>29294338
Oh great, the Ant-Man impersonator is back.
Fuck off, no one likes your attention whoring.
At least make up your own persona to annoy people with, Jesus. Be original.
>>
>>29294338
Are you sure you don't just have autism?
>>
>>29294740
>implying that isn't actually antman just without his trip on
>>
>>29294804
Refused to give proofs and made excuses as to why he couldnt/didnt have his trip on in the last thread, so in all likelihood it's just some goof trying to hijack his infamy.
>>
100% of people with a paper trail will get them confiscated if it becomes illegal.

The police ARE always spying on you and judging you, waiting for an excuse to kick your door in and run you through a system designed to take everything you've got.

People ARE always watching you add judging you and waiting for an excuse to report you to the police.

Marijuana is harmless, but the police don't care. If your guns ever become illegal, you'll be worse than druggies to them.
>>
>>29294835
So where is antman then
>>
>>29294574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui5uXl33n8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzs3xYeTERc
when i say field i mean only worry about cleaning the cylinder and barrel.
as for the frame and everything in it if you want to do it everytime thats on you. its good to do it occasionally when its really dirty but you wouldnt need to do it every time.
>>
File: visibleautism.png (65 KB, 286x308) Image search: [Google]
visibleautism.png
65 KB, 286x308
>>
>>29294926
This guy seems to take his shit all the way apart every time.

Do you own a 1858?

I have ballistol but its an airsol can.
>>
>>29294923
Dead (allegedly) or more likely, got tired of getting autists /k/ into a fit by acting like a psychopath.
>>
>>29294852
>100% of people with a paper trail will get them confiscated if it becomes illegal.
what do I care, I'll be dead
>>
>>29294338

I never said you were a criminal, I think you're too stupid to be a criminal.
>>
>>29294852
>Inside the mind of a non-fudd
Wow, it sure is weird in there.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.