[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_68451104.jpg (68 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
IMG_68451104.jpg
68 KB, 640x360
Does this thing fare well against normies?
Pic related, it's an AR500 steel plate.
>>
>>29293062
normies don't have funs, so yes.
>>
Steel vs Ceramic

Go.
>>
>>29294464
steel is cheap so steel win every time
>>
New M855A1 being used by military today beats all steel lvl III, even III+

Ceramic is the only real option right now, unfortunate but that is bullet technology for you.
>>
>>29294464

Heavy and moderately effective versus lighter and extremely effective.

Only around 300 of our people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq were killed by small arms fire.
>>
>>29293062
If your goal is to protect your virginity from normies, then yes that steel plate will keep you quite secure
>>
>>29293253
>normies don't have funs
I know plenty of perfectly normal people who own guns. Not ever gun owner is an obese, 4chan browsing weirdo.

That's not to say that I'm not an obese, 4chan browsing weirdo, mind you.
>>
>>29294464
Steel doesn't degrade, or so I've heard.
Ceramic plates break apart, and I don't feel like buying a new one.
>>
Get AR550 instead OP.
>>
>>29297388
Not AR550
>>
>>29297388
>M855a1
>used by military
>implying a tungsten core penetrator wont punch through lvl 4
>implying I'm fighting military
>>
How bad of a idea would it be to wear a non-standalone lvl4 plate without lvl1 or anti trauma plates underneath?
What will happen if i get shot by 9mm with a lvl4 plate without a layer of trauma protection?
Whatr will happen if i get shot by .223 with a lvl4 plate without a layer of trauma protection?
Whatr will happen if i get shot by .308 with a lvl4 plate without a layer of trauma protection?
>>
>>29299031
I'd like to know as well
I'm by no means a body armor expert but I'd like to know
>>
>>29299079
you would live in all cases
the end
>>
>>29299090
What kind of injuries would i suffer?
would i suffer injuries at all?
>>
Strafing works just as good against normies
>>
>>29299117
Maybe broken bones, .308 may cause internal injuries depending on how much velocity is transferred.
>>
>>29299117
you might get a bruise from the .308
>>
>>29299031
Any hit to the chest has the risk of causing Commotio Cordis, which is rare. Also you risk broken bones, internal bleeding from ruptured vessels, which isn't usually severe enough to be fatal, and possibly organ damage if certain parts are struck.
>>
>>29299031
Unless the plate is totally compromised by the hit and the remainders of the bullet are caught by the spall guard/anti-trauma plate, rifle plates tend to exhibit pretty much zero backface deformation. Consequently, you would likely receive no injuries from a typical non-AP 9mm, .223, .308 hit.

Now, if the hard plate is blown through but still prevents the bullet from fully penetrating, >>29299127
>>29299128
>>29299141
all applies. InRangeTV has a video of some 7.62x54R API hitting an old level 4 plate, gives you an idea of what could happen.
>>
>>29298873
Any actual evidence of that claim? I've seen various hardness steel plates tested against M855A1 and the only one to stop it from a 16" barrel was AR500 Armor's NIJ III+ (non lightweight) line, but even that failed to stop it from a 20" barrel. Videos are available on youtube if you search "M855A1".
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.