[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Purchases you regretted/were ripped off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
Hey friendly /k/unts, do share some of your experiences. I'm sure I'm the biggest idiot here but you're welcome to try to take the cake.
I just got back from my LGS where I paid $900 for a S&W highway patrolman. I was without Internet connection and couldn't do a quick price check. Still, I'm a stupid motherfucker and it stings. I do like the gun very much so there's that
>>
I spent 80 bucks on a CZ magazine during the Sandy Hook fallout
>>
>>29291013
I can't blame you for that one though
>>
>>29290906

Are you so impulsive that you couldn't leave the store and look up the value of the gun, then go back and buy it later if it was a good deal?
>>
>>29291776
Basically
>>
>>29290906
Bought a mosin nagant for $200.
>>
File: IMG_20130721_150950.jpg (956 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130721_150950.jpg
956 KB, 2592x1944
>>29290906
Is it a pre model 28? There were three years of production for the Highway Patrolman before S&W adopted the Model Number system. Before that, the guns all had names, even if they weren't on the actual gun. Pre model Highway Patrolmans are going for close to $900 with the original finish. I've seen a few cross &1k with the original dimond center magna grips. It's actually a fairly rare gun. You've got a pinned a recessed gun at the very least with what looks to be the original finish.

I got mine for $450, but it's been refinished at least once in its life which tanks the value.
>>
>>29291883
That's not cringey bad at all
>>
>>29291890
I paid 80 for the first 3.
I feel ripped off.
Uhhhhh, paid 50 (each) for beretta mags.
Gift for dad during sandy hook nonsense.
>>
>>29291889
Based on serial numero mine was made between 1978-1980, I can't find anything special or unique about it, besides the fact that it looks unfired. Still, mint or no mint they should go for about $800 tops, and more like $650ish on average. I guess I'll have to forgive myself and learn to love this cheeky patrolman
>>
>>29291862

Well at least you have a nice revolver. Don't kick yourself too hard over it.

Poor impulse control is a womanly trait though.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 430x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 430x290
Bought a Remington 770 even though I'd read iffy stuff about it. Didn't feel bad about it for a while even though /k/ shits all over Remington. Then I was at the range, went to cycle the action, and the bolt stop sheared off and the bolt came all the way out the back of the gun. I'm not buying cheap Remington ever again, and probably never buying anything from Remington for that matter. Picture definitely related.
>>
>>29291921
Does it say Model 28-X? If not the number on the inside of the frame isn't a serial number. It's a factory assembly number. That's a pinned and recessed gun. It was made in the late 60's at the latest. The actual serial Number is on the bottom of the grip frame. Pull the grips and check it.
>>
>>29291013
The P07 mags are $50 right now, so that's not too terrible... but ridiculous nonetheless.
>>
>>29290906
I wish S&W didn't discontinue the Model 28, the Model 27 is WAY overpriced.
>>
>>29292054
Measuring all of remington by the 770 doesn't make too much sense.
>>
>>29292134
Nah, that's true, but I just didn't particularly enjoy the incident. I'm going to diversify my gun collection before I come back to them though.
>>
>>29290906
I got fucked over on a Vector V93. When I received it from my dealer, I noticed that the sights were canted to the left. So I got in touch with Vector and arranged for them to fix this problem.

After sending it to them and 3 weeks of waiting, I get it back and the sights are STILL canted.

Never buying a Vector product again, I'll probably end up selling it to put the money towards my AR build.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.