[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of michaelcthulu? His build videos are super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (244 KB, 1337x779) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
244 KB, 1337x779
What does /k/ think of michaelcthulu?

His build videos are super comfy, I must say.

Also, if he scaled his swords down a tad, would the method with which he builds them make them suitable for combat?
>>
>>29289892
Who's that mega autist that's about 400lbs overweight and has his own created accent? Is he any good outside of being cringey as fuck?
>>
>>29289899

I dont know if you mean michael or someone else?
>>
>>29289892
I watched his videos, and he seems pretty cool. At least hes good at something and not some useless neckbeard cringe lord making weird faggoty noises.
>>
>>29289940

He makes it all look so easy too.

I can't even cut a straight line with scissors, let alone cut and shape a 30kg piece of steel.
>>
>>29289958
You can tell he has passion for it. He probably fucked up lots of times to find ways to get it right.
>>
>>29290015

I can imagine.

Has he ever said what he did before he made big ass swords?
>>
>>29289907
I dunno. He was in an episode of Tosh.0 once where he slashed like a hundred water jugs.
>>
>>29290029
Not to my knowledge, I've only seen the buster sword and masamune video though.
>>
>>29290048

I've heard him netion in other videos he worked in a factory that used to roll steel, and another he mentions art college.

How you go from art college to welding, I dont know.
>>
>>29290046

Was that some dude with a katana?

I think I know the one you mean, but it's not this guy.
>>
>>29289899
Will keith?
>>
>>29290067
>>29290069

Hey it is the guy I was thinking of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9Easi-46w

What the fuck is his accent?
>>
>>29290069
That sounds right.
>>
He's a really cool dude.
>>
>>29290086
>What the fuck is his accent?
He's so autistic that he literally invented his own dialect of English. He lives on the East Coast.
>>
>>29290098

Oh jeez. I initially thought it was a New Jersey accent, but then it just went to some weird German thing.
>>
grinding, stock removal etc are all viable ways to make the blade shape.

the important stuff however is heat-treat - taking the steel and changing its crystalline structure by heating and quenching while glowing hot, to make it harder, and then tempering it to make it springy.

do that, and you're golden. dont do that, and it doesnt matter what techniques are used, the result will be a wallhangar.
>>
>>29290056
Art students that realize they can't actually do anything with art?
>>
>>29290149

I dont know if he does that, so I'd say his blades are only so robust cos they're so fuckhuge.
>>
>>29290112
Yep, he invented his own accent. I wonder if autism that powerful actually has a physical sensation to it.
>>
>>29290159
Art education is about the only way you could get a job if you go the art route.
>>
>>29290174

I can't imagine being that fucking weird.
>>
>>29290159
>>29290186

So it's basically like Gender Studies?
>>
>>29290159
welding is an art.

I know a fair few ex-art students who went into mechanical work. Funnily enough, most were Fine art graduates who were sick of the whole "inner meaning expression" shit that modern art demands, so they went to making physical objects that actually work, as a reaction to it.
>>
This caresses my autism. Thanks OP.
>>
File: weld.png (502 KB, 903x538) Image search: [Google]
weld.png
502 KB, 903x538
>>29290206
forgot the pic.

this stuff is art.
>>
File: 1423946375484.png (120 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1423946375484.png
120 KB, 380x380
>>29290214
unf
>>
File: Selection_030.png (13 KB, 113x90) Image search: [Google]
Selection_030.png
13 KB, 113x90
>>29290086
he obviously has some kind of speech impediment, like Jimmy from south park.
>>
>>29290194
I'd say so. Sort of self-replicating career: creating future art majors who will create the next generation of art majors. Our problem now is people are too afraid of working and have such a low regard for blue collar jobs that too many go for liberal arts or hoity toity generic cubicle business degrees.

Honestly thinking about dropping out of college to give being a painter a shot again.
>>
>>29290257
No, he made up his own accent. I shit you not.
>>
File: 1433380093664.gif (2 MB, 336x241) Image search: [Google]
1433380093664.gif
2 MB, 336x241
>>29290214
Many forms of manufacturing are
>>
>>29290277
The only thing that really sucks about blue collar work is that you work with some truly shitty horrible people. I know that a lot of people are shitty in general, but manufacturing and assembly workers take the fucking cake, in my experience.

I'd take pretentious cake eaters over those guys most days sadly.
>>
>>29290261

I'd like to learn some sort of atrade like that, but I'm not very good with my hands, and also too deep into my current job and bills and shit to really uproot my career path.

Being an adult sucks sometimes.
>>
>>29290336
>I'd like to learn some sort of atrade like that, but I'm not very good with my hands, and also too deep into my current job and bills and shit to really uproot my career path.

Give it a shot, hit the local CC for some trade that interests you. They'll have a class one night a week or something. Treat it as a hobby and see where it goes. It's possible that you can supplement your current income with a hobby that satisfy your need to not only work in a cubical.
>>
>>29290336
CNC machining can be done by those not very good with their hands. Its all coding. Small CNC machines that work plastic and brass can be had for fairly inexpensive amounts.

Seen some toys powered by brass engines made in home shops.
>>
File: 1454352619738.gif (2 MB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
1454352619738.gif
2 MB, 300x222
>>29290086
>>29290098
>>29290112

Will /k/eith has posted on /k/. He's a fat autist that likes blades. He's /k/ as fuck.

In all seriousness though at least he learns how to use them. Also in vid related you can see he calls bullshit on fantasy weapons. Sure, he's playing with toys, but Will is /k/ool.
>>
>>29290381
>>29290396

I dont know if we have that here, I'm not American, so might be different.

>>29290408

He does seem able to handle the weapons somewhat well at least.
>>
>>29290296
It really is true. There are some really good people in the bunch. I work for a gun manufacturer and there are more good people than bad compared to any other manufacturing job.
>>
>>29290381
What do you do?

I got into painting for the whopping month by getting a hold of the finishing trades Union near me at the time: you fill out paperwork, and they help you find a union job based on what you're looking for. From there you go to class once a month and after three years, you finish with an associate degree in that field, and journeyman status. In my area, you start at $16 hourly and get raises every 3-6 months, and get $33 after you hit journeyman.
>>
>>29290443
Meant for
>>29290336
>>
>>29290296

That's the truth. I worked in the oil industry for a year. Hardest I've ever worked in my life, and under miserable conditions, but the pay was good and ultimately it wasn't so bad. I liked the job, I liked knowing exactly what needed to get done and having the freedom to do it however I thought was best, and I liked seeing physical, definite results of my work. When you crack open a new well at 12,000 PSI and the gas flare shoots 200 feet into the air, lighting up the whole area like daylight even in the middle of the night, you have direct feedback that you've actually done something. Watching a huge battery of processing equipment go up on a barren square of ground in a single week, same thing. Getting to work outside in remote places, being trusted to look after yourself, accurately report the work accomplished, and get paid for it without question or bullshit.

It beat the hell out of sitting at my own desk, in my own office, working for a company that offers a product that exists only on paper and is only useful when something bad happens.

Unfortunately, the people I worked with were in general the scum of the Earth. Filthy, raunchy, stupid, misguided cornbread fucks who had never spent more than 20 minutes in their entire lives on self reflection or careful consideration of any issue. Parrots that spewed forth whatever shit their parents, and their parents before them filled their head with. Unable to look any farther into the future than the next upgrade to their diesel pickup truck. There were exceptions, of course, and some of the people were genuinely good, but they were few and far between.
>>
>>29290439
To be clear, I meant taking the cake as in they are the worst people I've worked with. I know that's just my experience though.
>>
>>29290458
>the people I worked with were in general the scum of the Earth. Filthy, raunchy, stupid, misguided cornbread fucks who had never spent more than 20 minutes in their entire lives on self reflection or careful consideration of any issue. Parrots that spewed forth whatever shit their parents, and their parents before them filled their head with. Unable to look any farther into the future than the next upgrade to their diesel pickup truck. There were exceptions, of course, and some of the people were genuinely good, but they were few and far between.
Those people are why I ran away to college, desu. Sad part is it's bullshit here too, just less horrible. I can love the jobs I had in the past if it weren't for the retarded redneck gorillas I've had to deal with all day.
>>
>>29289892
Haven't seen his videos but from the pic you posted it looks like your question is
> can you make a real sword by just cutting and/or joining sheet metal or billet metal

No, you have to actually forge a sword into its shape or else it will have no elasticity and be too brittle.
>>
>>29290458
Man, I live in New Mexico and it's either become oil field trash or go to college. Ever since I was a kid I knew I didnt want to be oil field trash, talking to my oil field trash friends and then doing oil field trash drugs while working on my oil field trash truck and then dying to an oil field trash accident. It consumes you it seems like
>>
>>29290488

I tried running away to college, too, and found it almost as insufferable. The same close mindedness and unwillingness to actually work through a belief and follow ideas to their conclusion. Then on top of it, professors and an educational institution that is more committed to prestige, profit, or going as little work as possible than to actually educating. It became harder and harder to justify the money being spent on it.

So now I'm in the insurance industry. While there's little to no satisfaction in it, the people are tolerable, the work is easy, and the pay is solid. Meanwhile, I'm working on getting my commercial rotorcraft pilots license. 5-7 years depending on how much money I can bring in to pay for it and I'll be free of this too, finally doing something I actually like while still making a good living.
>>
>>29289892
He's fun to watch, but his swords are not "combat ready". He's said numerous times that he's a welder, not a blacksmith. The swords are not balanced, they're not forged to withstand impacts beyond cutting stumps and shit.

That said, they're very impressive visually and he has a great passion for it and I like to put his videos in my second monitor while doing something else.
>>
>>29290533

Not quite, you can take a length of steel, mill it to shape, and normalize before your heat treat.
>>
>>29290214
das a robot foo
>>
>>29290557

The money is intoxicating, but the environment is toxic. It's definitely a trade-off. The best way to do things as far as I can tell given the experience and knowledge I have now would be to do oilfield work for 2-3 years and stash as much money as you possibly can. Don't buy anything extravagant or travel a bunch like I did. In just 2-3 years you could put $60-100K in savings easily if you controlled your cost of living.

Then you could easily take that money, and either put yourself through college or any other type of tradesman training while just working a part time job to supplement your living expenses. It's what I should have done, I would be flying for a living already instead of stuck doing this. Hell, you could even take the money and move to some third world country and probably have enough cash to live out your days there.

I'd go back to oil, but I'm engaged now and women as far as I can tell absolutely require proximity to maintain a relationship. Cost / benefit, I guess.
>>
>>29290533
>No, you have to actually forge a sword into its shape or else it will have no elasticity and be too brittle.

that's complete bullshit.

Any steel bought commercially today will have been processed, from its initial block of metal, by rolling it through mills which put hundreds of thousands of pounds per square inch of pressure, forging the metal to shape as a raw bar.
Once past that point, it is absolutely irrelevant whether a blade is ground, filed, sawn, sanded or otherwise shaped by removal of material, or if it is shaped by forge-work.

(there are shapes where forged is stronger - a crank-shaft, a Z-shaped winding handle, etc. But a blade is not one of them - its a (fundamentally) straight, linear bar of metal.)

the only processes to make a blade flexible, springy, and resilient to breakage are the heat-treatment processes of quenching and tempering. And those are performed after shaping, regardless of what method was used to shape the blade. Given that a blade is polished after heat-treat, it is physically impossible to identify differences between stock removal and forged construction techniques after heat-treatment.
>>
>>29290589

They are pretty comfy videos to have in the background while doing whatever else you have to do.
>>
>>29290562
Sounds like you've had a lot of experiences like mine, just you're ahead of me a bit. I'm 25 next week and am thinking about quitting college full time (I went the full live on campus route), and trying to get back into painting. This is only my freshman year though. This college is mostly bullshit in how lazy most of the professors seem to do their work: like everything I have to do is mostly on my own on the computer rather than in class. I feel like such a burnt out old man here on campus.
>>
>>29290439
How did you find work in firearms? Honestly my dream is to either own a gun store, be a gunsmith, or work in the firearms industry in some way. I'm currently a business major and was hoping to get into firearm sales, but I have no idea how go get into the industry and obviously I can't ask for advice in my liberal ass college.
>>
>>29290716
>goes to liberal college
>going for business degree

Enjoy being the same as 90% of all people in college right now that think they're going for secure and easy money. You'll end up in a cubicle you hate, if you can even find a job that is.

There are WAY TOO MANY people doing exactly what you're doing right now.
>>
>>29289892
He likes to make these things, he's good at it (as in making fake, prop swords), people pay him to do it and he's not hurting anyone.
Can't really say anything bad about him.>>29289892
>>
>>29290716
>How did you find work in firearms?
I went down the street to Kel Tec and asked for a job. I had zero CNC machining experience and they took me. Lucky I guess.
>>
>>29290689

I'm 25 in September, so we're pretty much in the same boat. I got an early start when I moved out at 17. Professors seem to be lazy at any college. My wife is just about to finish her degree, but she's been totally burned out on University for at least two years. She's just better at tolerating the bullshit than I was. Getting married was another decision that I'm not 100% convinced was the right one (nothing to do with her), but it's what I have to work with now so I'm making the best of it.

College seems like a really good way to go if you can stomach 4 years of it and have a good idea of what you want to do with the degree once you have it. Unfortunately most people in college are there because they didn't know what else to do, or their parents told them to do it.
>>
>>29290800
>>29290689
College professors suck. Unless you get a really great professor like one I had in freshman year that was enthusiastic, hilarious, and most importantly not a libtard faggot, it's just going to be hell.

I dropped out after my third semester and joined a trade school. Immediate good pay with a clear path to promotions, constant work because all the special snowflakes are getting their useless degrees and clogging up every other job, etc. Sure the work isn't glamorous, but being an electrician, plumber, HVAC, etc, beats the shit out of wasting thousands of dollars getting your doctorate of art history and being stuck in mcdonalds for the rest of your worthless life.
>>
>>29290296
this is a fucking fact. I've always considered myself to be of average intelligence, but holy fucking shit the half a year I work full-time when I'm not at school makes me feel like Socrates. I never realized how little time the majority of people spend thinking. And so many of them have no fucking hobbies. When they're not working they're drinking and playing video games or some stupid shit. Fuck the proletariat, I now support constitutional monarchy.
>>
File: 1410647767785.jpg (119 KB, 674x800) Image search: [Google]
1410647767785.jpg
119 KB, 674x800
>>29290689
holy shit, are you me? I hate working with the mongoloids in the factory, and I can't fucking stand college. The only upside is a nice gym on campus and easy girls on tinder. I'm teaching English in Russia right now and will be 25 in 6 months. I feel like I'm having a quarter-life crisis and that I should enlist or something, but I know there are shitheads everywhere.
>>
>>29290896

Different anon, but don't enlist. Everyone I know that's in the military is totally disillusioned with the whole thing and hates the "peace time" military with a passion. A buddy of mine who was an 8 year Marine Corps veteran with 2 deployments just declined re-enlistment because of the bureaucracy involved. Two more years he would have had retirement benefits, but he decided it still wasn't worth it.
>>
>>29290896
Peace time military life fucking sucks. Enjoy being surrounded by a dozen other 18 year old dudebro retards straight out of high school shouting BRO IM GUNNA BE A FUCKIN RANGER BRO DON'T FUCK WITH ME that run to fucking ranger joe's to blow every fucking cent of their first paycheck on fucking ranger gear even though they're not even officially in ranger school yet.
>>
>>29290839
>I've always considered myself to be of average intelligence, but holy fucking shit the half a year I work full-time when I'm not at school makes me feel like Socrates.
Right. Me as well. I sort of chose blue collar work because I see some honor in it, and me being smart doesn't make me above working with my hands. The problem is a lot of those guys do that work because they really are too fucking stupid to do anything else. It's sad.

>>29290896
You might be me. What's my favorite color?

>>29290837
I think I might just go with trade school or painting again. I do really want to be a history teacher, but maybe now isn't the time, or maybe I'm just going about it in a way that isn't right for me. Funny though, because I went to college because work wasn't working for me either.
>>
>>29290748
You're right, I already hate it but I can't find something that will give me a secure job with decent money.
>>
>>29290086
>>29290098
>>29290112
>>29290257
>>29290274
I am 1000% certain that he just talks like that because he is incredibly fat and spent most of his youth inside not talking to anybody.

I've seen massive weebs on youtube that talk exactly the same was as him.
>>
>>29291020
You could always try working with your hands?

I swear our generation has been submitted to a smear campaign or something to push home the idea that blue collar work is reserved only for gorillas and losers.
>>
>>29290837
Yeah, I didn't really start my life til I was 19.

Weird how you find such ridiculously similar people here on /k/. I know basically why, but it's still surprising.
>>
>>29291094
I enjoy doing it, but I'm not sure where to start with it. My parents talked me out of being a machinist, and I feel like it would be a waste of time and money to go to a trade school and realize I don't want to pursue the career. I've been thinking about asking my old boss to hook me up on an oil rig. I've got a similar mindset of >>29290458 I really like to see my results and be doing something.
>>
File: 1412288285431.jpg (44 KB, 500x590) Image search: [Google]
1412288285431.jpg
44 KB, 500x590
>>29290934
>>29290965
oh I'd rather kill myself than enlist 11b right now. I was thinking maybe a chill job in the Air Force that might teach me something marketable down the line. I took the ASVAB after school and got a 90 something, but I dunno.
>>29290977
trick question, you like both blue and orange
>>
>>29291156
>feel like it would be a waste of time and money to go to a trade school and realize I don't want to pursue the career
You're making the exact same risk in a four year college, only with more money. At the end of the day, I take comfort in knowing that the odds are that you'll at least most likely dislike your job, but what matters is how that job can facilitate your outside of work life. That's the life that actually matters.
>>
>>29291176
>trick question,
I like yellow best, nice try. We're still similar enough though, lol
>>
>>29290458
I did framing for awhile. I didn't like it enough to want to do it the rest of my life, but I can agree with your points about getting to see real, physical outcomes and products of your hard work.

But I can also agree with the amount of dumb burnouts, drug wasteoids, or just bitter, angry people.

Some of the dumb guys were actually pretty good people, and I enjoyed them. But some of the other dumb guys had this black hole aura that leeched my own IQ just being around them.
>>
>>29291156
>My parents talked me out of being a machinist
Your parents have obviously bought into the idea that a four year college education is literally the only way to not end up in poverty. They care about you, which is great, but they're misinformed as fuck.
>>
>>29291196
You've given me quite a bit to chew on man, thanks. I'm in kinda deep in college right now, but I think I'm gonna do some research on trade schools and talk to some people. I find it odd that I've gotten pretty solid life advice on /k/.
>>
>>29290261
pros: good exercise, get to meet people and see neat houses, good excuse to drive around in a windowless van
cons: maybe some sort of weird cancer from breathing paint all day.
>>
>>29291259
They kinda did, both grew up VERY poor and my dad had to work his ass off to provide, but he makes great money now and he doesn't have a degree to his name. I think he wants me to bypass the shit he had to go through to get where he is now.
>>
It's always weird to read posts about people dropping out of college and joining trades. I can see where they're coming from but I've actually gotten my money's worth out of college so far (mostly because my scholarship is large enough to give me a refund every semester).

I'm headed to grad school this fall in bioinformatics, and it confuses me why the job prospects are so high, considering all it is is a knowledge of high-level biology and the ability to program and understand command line.
>>
>>29290086
see>>29290098
this is a real thing.

fucking captcha told me to select all cacti. one of them was not a cactus.
>>
>>29291304
Weird how sane /k/ can be sometimes. Don't let me make up your mind though, because I'm in college too, just as a about to be 25 year old freshman. I'm realizing now that I may have made a terrible mistake. I partially wanted to chase a lost youth I guess, so I wanted that full on live on campus experience, and have had the chance to learn that I was probably wrong for it. I always have to learn firsthand. Taking a class or two while working full time might be best for me..or going into the finishing trades union.
>>
>>29291352
I was only a painter for a whole whopping month, and that was industrial painting: I drove to the same 3M plant everyday, and painted in a hot as fuck production area under construction; so I had to work around others who thought their work was more important than mine...that's what it's like at every job I've ever had: everyone thinks what they're doing is more important than other's work.

Extremely tedious and boring work, mostly boring because I was sent off to work completely alone every day, which I hate because I'm too social to keep to myself all day.
>>
>>29291385
It's an understandable sentiment. Just sucks that a whole generation is trying to do the exact same thing at the exact same time.
>>
>>29291408
>I can see where they're coming from but I've actually gotten my money's worth out of college so far (mostly because my scholarship is large enough to give me a refund every semester).
Nigger, I'm 24, made only 19k last year, and I got Jack shit for loans and grants. I had to come up with money I didn't have just to enroll and register at a cheap ass state school.

What the fuck.
>>
>>29291247
>some of the other dumb guys had this black hole aura that leeched my own IQ just being around them.
I swear this is a real thing.
>>
>>29290086
Is that Eric cartman?
>>
>>29289899
Eskrimador here. Actually, for a fat, untrained autist, Will's form is not that bad.
>>
>>29290261
>being a painter a shot again.
Painted for 30 years and now I got emphysema, so I wouldn't recommend it.
But drop out of college if you're not pursuing a degree that has earning potential. The loans will eat you alive for years, and there are other ways to earn a living.
>>
>>29291789
I want to be a history teacher, but I might be going about it in the wrong way.

I didn't like painting, it was so slow and tedious. It was solid money though.
>>
>>29291826
You can teach at the college level with a Master's in history, although grad school can be pricey.
You're best bet would be to get your undergrad in History, a certificate to teach K-12, and work for a school that will pay for Grad school.
>>
>>29291869
I'm super iffy about being a professor though. I'd rather just teach at a decent school. I never said I wanted to be a history professor anyhow.
>>
>>29291094
social conditioning

I grew up watching movies and tv shows where the plumber was a fat buffoon, the alcoholic abuse dad was a truck driver, the creepy killer worked as a gas station attendant, etc etc etc

My dad's generation was the first to have massive, exponentially larger access to college as he was a child of WW2. His experience being in manual labor . . . I never wanted to do it. Blue collar jobs mean 2 things in our society:
1) You're never going to be able to not worry about money
2) You're never going to be able to count on a job lasting for 10 years, let alone a career

My experience in the work force has been the same, when I take any kind of manual labor job I'm either let go (along with everyone else) when the contract is completed or the factory literally goes under and shuts down.

Working in tech, at a desk cubicle, is paying me better for easier work with smarter/nicer people. Might be different if I started my own small business in construction or whatever, but I don't want to start/run my own business because then I would have to hire/manage the kind of apegroid gene pool sludge that I worked with, and fuuuuuuuuuck that.
>>
>>29291247
My God, my thoughts exactly.
I like my current job (working for a charitable organisation, delivering/collecting furnirure, dealing with customers, being out and about, meeting new people, fixing up old furniture, love it.
But as nice as my colleagues are, the conversation rarely wanders into territory outside of titties, foreigners, sport or whatever stuffs on the radio.
Worked in a council office for 6 months, had intelligent conversations, but then again sitting at a desk, indoors, staring at a screen all day was soul destroying.
Can't win really.
>>
>>29290767
LOL
>>
>>29289892
I never heard of this guy before
Seeing his channel and it's all 1hour+ long videos
12 minutes into the Buster Sword and I find myself captivated by it
>>
>>29290656
>I'd go back to oil, but I'm engaged now and women as far as I can tell absolutely require proximity to maintain a relationship.

This.
Is it even worth it?
>>
File: image.jpg (735 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
735 KB, 1600x1200
>>29289892
Silent Hill vibes...
>>
>>29290168
He buys hardox, don't know exactly what type, comes in already hardened to a certain HRC

He doesn't heat treat because he doesn't have to, and doesn't have a team of 10 people to move around a piece of steel at 1600F like baltimore knife and sword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nwh8yWh5WU
>>
>>29292995
He did make some silent hill stuff, two of them. They looked really good
>>
>>29292352
God damn it, I just wish it weren't that way. I'd like to enjoy a blue collar job, if it weren't for those kind of guys. At every place I've ever worked, I got along better with the office staff...in every way, while I've usually hated my coworkers.

It's a screwed up condition of our economy that you've got to go to a four year college to get a job that's a career where you don't have to work with redneck retarded apes.
>>
>>29290277
As a man that makes blimps in a factory.

This, a thousand times this.
>>
>>29290056
>How you go from art college to welding, I dont know.

pretty sure he made some stuff for fun / personal use and people liked it so much he started getting commission requests. he talks about it in a video showing one of his first builds.
>>
>>29289892
The guy's vids are awesome. I lost a whole day when I found his channel and I am someone who does not care about swords or video games.
>>
>>29290689
>This college is mostly bullshit in how lazy most of the professors seem to do their work: like everything I have to do is mostly on my own on the computer rather than in class.

Doing a grad-dip teacher training course here in NZ. I love the practical teaching shit, but I cant stand the hours of bullshit self reflection work we have to do on our own fucking computers. It's basically a universities way of saving money.
>>
>>29294628
For me it just seems lazy on the university's part. Worse for me is that here in Minnesota, basically all the schools are part of the same system that uses the same program that puts everything on the student and chains them to the computer, while taking a load off for the professors.

Pisses me off.
>>
File: nightmare vison goggles.jpg (56 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vison goggles.jpg
56 KB, 722x349
>>29294847
Yea, they cal,l it 'e-learning'.
Now they expect students to bring mobile devices in class.
>>
>>29289892
He's a stupid micks and needs to die
>>
>>29294869
Fuck that shit. I'd take five assignments on a worksheet than one assignment on a computer.

I'd probably have a good GPA if we didn't do literally everything online.
>>
He just seems like a genuinely good guy.
>>
>>29290408
Fucking whalelike autist kunt.
>>
>>29290214
>That weld

Be still my heart.
>>
>>29293931
Love that which you make and take pride in it. That's the essence of what's good in blue-collar work, the heart of a craftsman in an industrial age.
>>
>>29290086
That's urban white American meeting speech impediment. And from his size I can guarantee small social activity. He does at the least know his subject, though.
>>
>>29293032

I only made it about a minute into this video. I'm sure their stuff is well made, but the jump cuts and fast paced music are just a turn off.

Also, what exactly is hardox? I know next to nothing about metal working and metallurgy.
>>
>>29290056
>How you go from art college to welding, I dont know.
Dude. Sculpture department. They're all welders, casters and metal workers to some degree.
>>
>>29290408
Fuck off Will
>>
>>29289892
You can buy a virtually identical buster sword replica from one of several companies.

They're usually made of aircraft aluminum.
>>
File: 1453137938046.gif (489 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1453137938046.gif
489 KB, 500x250
>>29290214

Ghat dayum!
>>
File: 1405121765948.jpg (112 KB, 540x608) Image search: [Google]
1405121765948.jpg
112 KB, 540x608
>>29290098
He kinda sounds like an extremely camp scouser gargling the nutsack of a helium bottle.
>>
>>29290458

Oilfield trash are literal walking cancer. Just two legs under a huge, self-mobile tumor.
>>
>>29296516

Yeah, but you wouldn't get anything as good as what he makes.
>>
>>29290186
Its a self sustaining cycle. The only merit to learning about art is to teach people art who can only use that knowledge to teach more art students about art.
>>
File: 1455600039547.png (675 KB, 724x687) Image search: [Google]
1455600039547.png
675 KB, 724x687
His green dragon crescent blade would work.
>>
>>29290261
>have associates
>was going for mech engineering, but the soulless indian robots I was classmates with and lowish 60-80k earning potential turned me off to it
>have buddy who does fiberglass and paintwork on boats making over 20 an hour as the only white guy at his paint shop
>have gotten shitfaced drunk and hung out with his boss on several occasions so have a pretty solid in
>kinda want to ask for a job
>kinda want to avoid a short life as an alcoholic boat mechanic and just go to law school instead
>4 more years of college before I can stop being a ne_t is a fucking bummer
wat do /k/?
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.