[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experience with flamethrowers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: flamethrower.jpg (111 KB, 1022x589) Image search: [Google]
flamethrower.jpg
111 KB, 1022x589
Sup' /k/
First time posting here and I wondered if any of you guys have any experience with flamethrowers?
I plan on building a flamethrower but I'm not sure what fuel I will use. Of Course this shit is illegal in my country but I live far of from any civilization and couldn't care less.
>>
File: expert.jpg (51 KB, 634x428) Image search: [Google]
expert.jpg
51 KB, 634x428
I consider myself an expert. What are your questions?
>>
>>29287102
Nice try ATF
>>
>>29287612

>ATF
>regulating flamethrowers
>>
>>29287667
https://en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamethrower
Well fuck me. I thought they were regulated.
>>
>>29287102
If you figure out how to make one that can carry a skirmishes worth of fighting fuel, you'll have my USDs.

Best i could come up with was a pulsed system. Not unlike the incinerator's fo3 incarnation. But alot smaller.

Pulsing it would definitely lengthen the fuel's use without decreasing how many "uses" it has. But I have a feeling the space to do so is more than just having more fuel now.

Thoughts?
>>
File: image.jpg (882 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
882 KB, 2592x1936
>>29287102
Rubbing alcohol fuel is pretty effective against flies
>>
>>29287102
80/20 gasoline diesel fuel mix bro
>>
>>29287872
Like this, sorta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U36ZOxuZwUY
>>
File: 1457212858730.jpg (1003 KB, 3718x2092) Image search: [Google]
1457212858730.jpg
1003 KB, 3718x2092
>>29287916
This is pretty much the best result I've come across. But for simplicity sake I usually just go full gasoline. Pic related
>>
>>29288412
Post your build?

I am thinking basically a upscaled super soaker with a pulse nozzle. Piezoelectric ignition of the fuel. A backpack style supersocaker, but instead of a direct pump charging, I was thinking carry a scuba tank and keeping it charged that way. My estimates mean the pulse style will effectively DOUBLE your available fuel, as long as you can keep it charged/pressurized.

Here's the great thing though, it'd be a better brush and snow flamethrower. A utility flamethrower. Because it uses fuel better. It'd be repurposeable as a weapon, sure. But a gun would be so much fucking better.

So really just a fun thing to fuck around with and clear my long ass driveway of snow and weeds. It's a rocky shit area anyway, already using a store-bought flamer for some work but it causes me alot of issues.
>>
>>29289372
I got the plans from flamethrowerplans.com you want to avoid anything where gasoline might be in touch with plastic. It's a scuba tank drilled and tapped for a QD hose. I use a 24oz co2 cannisters for shooting the flame. For ignition it's a Coleman camping propane can with a torch nozzle bent at an angle to hit the gas. I use a high pressure water sprayer for the firing part. It's got all brass I sides and I use clamp rings to attach the propane bottle to it.
>>
>>29289540
So if it failed catastrophically, how would it mostly likely happen and why?
>>
>>29287102
You could use denatured alcohol to start, since it burns cooler and would probably be safer as a test.
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1177x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1177x1280
>2017
>all guns are outlawed through Shilllary Cliton.
>Mass immigration from Mexico, And Muslims of all kinds(opportunity Migraints)
>All whites and then Asians them blacks lose jobs
>mass rape, genital mutialion, Honour killings, Gay stonings, muggings/Break ins and murders
>every street is designated shitting street
>every child becomes a bride
>
>but the Big Demes and the ATF forgot one thing
>too regulate Flamethrowers
>people buy and build their own Flamethrowers
>new hero emerges, his face is covered with a Long beard, and a eyepatch but their hair is as good and slick as the finest tinkered Watch.
>shit skins are blinded by the light
>as he starts his duel flamethrowers the last words the invaders hear are, "You're Fired."
>screams and cheers could be heard in Russia as a single tear rolls down Putin's eye and a sly smirk runs across his face
>Grilled Barbacoa and Fried Kebab in the 100,000's of thousands.
>Shillary died in a Jihadist welcoming ceremony.
>new leader is elected.
>their first action after giving every American a AR and a HK45 and Sig are
>Build that Wall and make them pay for it.
>>
>>29287715
Your state may, but most places list them as farm equipment.
>>
>>29289654
You can stop posting anytime.
>>
>>29289654
Top kek
>>
>>29289549
With my set up? No real way for it to fail except if you forget to tighten something down all the way and you would notice once you start pressurizing the tank. Co2 is ibert so there is no way for fire to travel back into the port. Maybe if it doesn't pressurize correct you will have a bunch of gas come out the front and light up. But nothing I would consider catastrophic.
>>
File: stuff.jpg (84 KB, 1024x613) Image search: [Google]
stuff.jpg
84 KB, 1024x613
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.