[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /k/, turning 21 next month, been looking at a bunch of hammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: P1190208-500x334.jpg (72 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
P1190208-500x334.jpg
72 KB, 500x334
hey /k/,

turning 21 next month, been looking at a bunch of hammer fired handfuns, and narrowed it down to an SP2022 (really leaning towards this) a CZ75 and a couple others that im not considering too much.

Anybody who owns an SP2022, how do you like it? the gun store/range near me has one on sale for about 430$. Looking for one in 9mm. I just need to find a range that'll let me rent one and check it out, and I should be sold
>>
>>29286864
No troll or anything but I really don't understand why anyone would buy a p2022 when you can pay only a couple hundred more and get a 229 or 226 which are a nicer investment that will last a lifetime
>>
>>29286957
a couple hundred is a lot of money for some people
>>
>>29286957
every 226/9 i've seen was closer to 1k, and I'm a broke ass college student who can't really spend that much on a handgun. the sp2022 at the gunstore is actually cheaper than MSRP on sigs website, which is why I'm seriously considering it
>>
>>29286957
Poorfags are goddamn delusional and have been brainwashed into thinking the cheaper option is just as good even though they'll replace it multiple times over the lifespan of the expensive model they should have bought the first time.
>>
>>29287011
I'm aware cheaper is almost never better, but if I keep it properly maintained and don't mishandle it or throw it on the ground every time I get the chance, it should last me a while. It's not like Itll blow up on the 500th round.

If it breaks when I have money, I'll buy the better option, but for now I want a cheap, fun handgun
>>
>>29286864
The P2022 is a fine hand gun. I own both the P229R and the P226 MK25. Sig's are great guns. I know what its like to be on a budget tho. I am glad you are not talking about the P250. That I am not a fan of.

The CZ75 is also very good. You will be happy with both of them

If you can save up or find a used 229 or 226 that would be the best way to go. But like I said we all have to start someplace.

Good luck.
>>
>>29286979
You can get West German P226's for ~$450 from time to time when they are imported into the country.
>>
>>29287011
>Poorfags are goddamn delusional and have been brainwashed into thinking the cheaper option is just as good even though they'll replace it multiple times over the lifespan of the expensive model they should have bought the first time.
Ken Hackathorn and Bruce Gray seem to like the SP2022, in fact the latter uses one as his EDC.

I guess you know better though, right faggot?
>>
>>29286979
Used P229's go for $500-600.
>>
>>29286864
CZ-75s have cheaper mags that are easier to find and much more aftermarket options.
Sig SP2022 mags are like $40 and it has a non-existent aftermarket
>>
>>29287049
wanted a hammer fire, not striker thats why I'm not looking at the 250. Will most likely go with the sig, but I'd rather buy a new 2022 than a used 226. Just something about buying my first, very new gun that appeals to me, ya know?

>>29287050
where at? This would be really nice but the accessibility of the one at the gunstore is really turning me on
>>
>>29286979

https://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms.html#category_2=FIREARMS%2FPRE-OWNED
>>
>>29286979
I was also once a broke ads college student and bought cheap all the time in almost every hobby I was interested in and in my experience I ended up regretting almost every single one of them.
I don't know anything about your financial situation and how long it will take you to save that extra hundred more but I highly recommend you least ask yourself if you can afford to wait since I can almost guarantee the 2022 (though not a bad pistol)will leave you wanting the real deal (p226/9)
>>
Don't fall for the "it'll break a bunch" meme. It'll do fine as long as you don't treat it like shit and throw it at walls or run 10,000 rounds through without cleaning.
The DA trigger is bad, the SA is pretty decent. I think it's a solid first handgun. Seemed fairly accurate out of the box to me.
>>
>>29287070
Try Armslist.
>>
>>29287080
I mean you're probably right, but it'll most like be a birthday present, so I'd rather ask for the cheap one than the expensive one. Hell, if it wasn't a present I probably wouldn't even be buying one to be honest
>>
>>29287058
this isnt true
factory cz mags are expesive as fuck just like factory 2022 mag or any non mainstream mag.
you can get mecgars for both that are cheaper but the factory mags are priced the same
>>
>>29286978
If you don't need a gun right this minute, and you probably don't, saving up is the difference between something that leaves more to be desired and something you'll pass down.
>>
>>29287091
This is all I've heard from youtube. hickock seemed to love it, colionnoir said it was worth it, etc etc.
>>
>>29287116
Honestly, I think it's a good Sig for someone who isn't a huge sig fan. I like SIG, but my next purchase after the 2022 wasn't another SIG, it was a CZ. I don't see myself dropping the dosh on the nicer ones for a long while.
>>
>>29287141
Yeah I'm not a die hard sig fan, and probably wont buy a sig right after this one. I'm going to branch out, maybe get an M&P or an HK. Shot a shield at the range the other day, felt pretty nice
>>
>>29286864
I actually had an SP2022 a while back, got it from an LGS that was blowing them out because they were going off roster.

Ended up not liking it. Magazines were needlessly difficult to find and expensive. There was no reason other than price gouging for Sig to have made it not use existing P226 or P228 mags. They're a bit easier to find now but I'm seeing a pattern with Sig intentionally having a new mag pattern for every pistol they make. Bore axis is very high and contributed to mediocre accuracy. The biggest dealbreaker was the decocker. Felt like a cancerous lump. Ended up selling it for a tidy profit, but glad I didn't buy a more expensive Sig.

A lot of this is ergonomics so YMMV and mine ran 100% after lubricating it, so it's a good enough gun but I didn't like it. For some weird reason I like my Ruger P95 more even though it's technically an inferior gun.
>>
>>29287197
this is why I really want to go test one out. I don't want to buy it and find out I regret it since it just looks good on paper for now.

Most ranges that allow you to rent only have fucking glocks though
>>
>>29287070
Understand your wish to by new.

As an FYI the P250 is hammer fired. But I would not recommend it.
>>
>>29287070
>>29287410
The early P250's had issues, which have since been rectified. Everything I've read about the current gen models really makes me want one.
>>
>>29287410
wait then I must be retarded, because I didn't see a hammer on it when I looked it up
>>
File: P320 and P250.jpg (77 KB, 835x814) Image search: [Google]
P320 and P250.jpg
77 KB, 835x814
>>29287446
>>
>>29287473
ahhh okay I see now. Didn't show any pictures from the back so I assumed it was striker, my bad
>>
>>29287446
No your not retarded. It's just not as pronounced as on other models.
>>
>>29287441
The trigger pull is pretty bad. I got good at staging it like a double action but yeah.
>>
>>29287614
I have shot the P250 and I was not a fan. I like the idea of the removable fire control group but that's all it had going for it in my mind.
>>
>>29286864
I like mine and it's been very reliable at the range. That being said it has this annoying feeling to it. like its lighter than it should be. It's this weird slightly cheaper feeling to it. Then again I spend way too much time with the hacker known as 4chan so it's probably just autism, but overall I like mine.
>>
File: CZ-P07.jpg (630 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CZ-P07.jpg
630 KB, 1920x1080
>>29286864

Seriously, don't get a 2022, there's a reason they're cheap and not popular. I had one for my first DA/SA semi and hated EVERYTHING about it.

It made me stop looking at DA/SA until I got a CZ P-07 which I love EVERYTHING about. The P-07 is infinitely superior to the 2022 and excels where the 2022 sucks, and is around the same price. I think the P-07 is even better than the regular 75 for the following reasons:

>incredible grip
>lighter with perfect balance and low center-of-gravity
>more slide area to grip with more aggressive serrations
>Omega trigger (imo) better than a lot of 75s without Omega trigger

I respect Sig's alloy-frame guns but I had a 2022 and P320 and could not sell either of them fast enough. Low grip, top heavy, poor grip texture and polymer 'feels' extremely cheap, trigger pull was TRASH on the 2022 and broke way too far back, etc.

I tried to give the 2022 and P320 a chance, and while the P320 was better in some ways, still couldn't stand either and I didn't realize/expect how much bore-axis matters (especially in a Polymer gun) when there's no weight in the frame.
>>
>>29286864
i really like the sp2022. picked one up brand new for 399 a few weeks ago.
to all the people saying to spend more for a p226 or whatever, most if not all of the listings i've seen are twice as much, plus i compared the sp2022 and p226 mk25 and actually preferred the sp2022.
>>
>>29286864
I've use this gun as both my CCW and Duty weapon when I do EP work. I love it
>>
>>29287883
Czechfag reporting
deutschland uber alles
>>
>>29288325

What?
>>
File: img20151226_194228.jpg (1009 KB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
img20151226_194228.jpg
1009 KB, 2656x1494
>>29287883
Can second this.

CZ p07 is a godly weapon for the price. It shoots like heaven.
>>
>>29288446

Nice, m8. My P-07 was like a revelation to me. Everything just felt RIGHT and usually I nitpick fucking everything about a gun and end up selling/trading it.

It has THE best grip shape and texture, high beavertail, perfect balance with low center-of-gravity, crazy smooth slide with more purchase than a 75, very nice SA trigger and is easily the softest shooting 9mm I've had.

Generally prefer .45 and Revolvers to 9mm semi-autos but my P-07 has a comfy impulse and is easy to keep the sights on target. Don't mean to make 9mm sound that powerful, it's not, but I prefer slower recoil impulses with more of a push. The difference in muzzle flip in night-and-day between the many other 9mms I've owned, especially the polymer Sigs.

Maybe a bit of rosy glasses because I got mine LNIB for $320 but I know I finally found a 9mm that just 'fit's me. I had the Duty model and I'd like to get the V2 P-07 but I'm in no hurry.

Your New Agent is fucking badass and I'm 'mirin hard over here. I had (and miss) a Compact RIA .45 3.5" and it was a blast to shoot. I enjoy compact 1911s way more than GI models, apparently. Wanna sell it? :)
>>
The SP2022 is not a bad gun at all, it's sort of like the poor man's 226, which again isn't bad. Makes a decent baby's first Sig.
But then you get into all the issues with sig design. Top heavy as fuck, made even worse without the steel frame to bring the weight back lower, Bore axis is ridiculous, something like over a half inch above my M&P. I do prefer the location and short throw on the decocking lever and slide release over my 226. I don't regret getting the SP2022, but I also got it for free so... y'know.
Having messed around with the P-07, holy fucking shit check that bastard out and yes. They're usually about the same price as the SP2022, but fuckloads nicer.
>>
>>29288502
Glad you like it so much, I have my heart set on another CZ variant as a next purchase.

The colt is actually back at the shop, had a severe slide stop jam. Couldn't even disassemble the fuck (just after about 500 shots total) so can't sell it ; )

the cz has yet to jam or misfire on me and I sometimes like 3 different brands into the 16 mag.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.