[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/, /g/entleman here. In the recent light of Georgia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Hello /k/, /g/entleman here.

In the recent light of Georgia passing the Campus Carry bill, I've decided to arm myself on campus, due to the fact that I carry well over 1500 dollars worth of computer equipment and software on me daily. I really don't know much about guns, but I am willing to learn. Any recommendations? My price range is at maximum 400 dollars. Thanks /k/ keep being awesome. I'd like something like pic related. But calibers and stuff is beyond me.
>>
>>29286171
>due to the fact that I carry well over 1500 dollars worth of computer equipment and software on me daily.
Have you considered not flashing your macbook and hipster peripherals like a sorority member wearing a nanoskirt begging to get raped so she can cry about it on TV?

Have you considered that if you are robbed, it will likely be from leaving an item somewhere where it can be taken, or in an encounter where by the time you can even think of drawing your gun, you've been stabbed or clubbed fifteen times by Tyrone playing a knock-out game?
>>
>>29286185
>Guns can't protect you
>They'll just be taken and used against you
>>
>>29286171
You do realize that you need to get a concealed-carry permit as well, don't you?
>>
>>29286185
Firstly, I don't own a macbook, I own a thinkpad with non pirated Adobe, JetBrains, and UML diagramming shit on it. I am not a hipster either, just seeking some honest advice. I also do not appreciate the stereotyping.

>>29286197
That's why you let them take your stuff and then fire a non-lethal shot?
>>
>>29286210
Yes I do, I already have one actually. My mom has a P226 that's fun to shoot. But I'd rather not ask her to buy me a gun you know?
>>
>>29286249
Why don't you get a Ruger LCP. It's a small pocket .380, but Palmetto State Armory (and other places, recently) are selling them for $199, which is phenomenal. Just 2 years ago, these were selling for $289 or more. It's a good gun, not great, but very concealable so you're not printing in your college classes.
>>
>>29286293
Wow that sounds like a steal! I'll do some research, and thanks for your input. Fun to skeet shoot with?
>>
>>29286185
go be fat somewhere lese
>>
>>29286236
>That's why you let them take your stuff and then fire a non-lethal shot?

No, do not do this. You shoot to stop the threat. You do not try to "pick" a shot. Shoot center of mass the entire time, because the idea that you can pick an extremity to shoot is Hollywood memes or Mike Vining-tier operator.

Since you said you do not know much about guns, I don't really even need to tell you. When you go shooting at a range for your first time, you will see for yourself how difficult it can be just to keep shots on the target. Then you can see for yourself why shooting a non-lethal shot (that is, a shot at extremities, because anywhere on the torso is potentially lethal) is not realistic.

As for your weapon of choice, I'd suggest a 380 pocket pistol.
>>
>>29286171
Look at the Glock 19, Glock 26, and M&P Shield. The larger the gun that you will reliably carry, the better.
>>
>>29286236
>UML diagramming

You are such a little gay boy.
>>
>>29286171
Congrats on your campus carry, Georgiafag. Heres hoping we get ours soon too. Sincerely, Tennessee.
>>
>>29286378
Hmm, that seems like standard police training in a nutshell right there man, haha. And yes, I have been to a range and shot a P226 and my spread was terrible. That's why practice makes perfect. Thanks again for your input.
>>
>>29286432
Hey man, that's where the money is at, in requirements and uml. Code Monkeys are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>29286457
>that's where the money is at, in requirements and uml.

No.. no it's not. UML is a buzzword for project managers.
>>
>>29286434
Thanks Tennessee. I just want you to know that you all have some fine ass women in Chattanooga.
>>
>>29286475
That is true, which is what I personally aim to be. The money is always in management, at least from what I've been told.
>>
>>29286325
>Fun to skeet shoot with?
What? No. You don't skeet shoot with pistols.
>>
>>29286171
Used glock 19
>>
>>29286488

Enjoy being universally hated forever.
>>
>>29286552
Still going to be over his $400 limit.
>>
>>29286572
Could probably get a used law efforcement one for aroundthat price. If they do that near him
>>
>>29286559
You know that thought has crossed my mind a lot. Ideally I'd try to be a good manager and like offer incentives for hard work and stuff, but I know at the end of the day at least one person in the office will hate me. Even if I'm not a project manager. Black people in IT are so small/shit on I've even debated changing my degree as a senior.

feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>29286171
>Was considering UGA for graduate studies
>This passed
Bueno
>>
>>29286325
>Fun to shoot skeet with?

nigga...
>>
>>29286644
I am relatively noob, sorry.
>>
File: 1452666318293.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452666318293.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw I could knock any concealed carrier out and have them convulsing on the ground like a low functioning autist before they could even think about grabbing their gun
>>
>>29286655
The LCP isn't really a fun gun to shoot with, whatever target you're shooting at. It's a gun you get to concealed-carry with. It's small enough to have it on you 7 days a week and it would not be a nuisance.
>>
>>29286655
No worries, gotta start somewhere. And at least you are starting. Personally I would say MP Shield 9.

Its single stack and you could conceal it up your ass practically, plus its in your price range
>>
>>29286655
Skeet is shot with shotguns because the spread of the pellets allows for such snap shooting.

Pistol competition shooting is usually done on static targets, though some gravity targets exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUdd6OxWAM

Here's a perfect example. This is Jerry Miculek, a legend among competition shooters, and one of the best in the world.

If you want to learn more about firearms, I suggest you start with some youtube channels. Here's some suggestions:
https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45
Hickok is a kind old man who shoots basically every majorly manufactured gun ever made. If there's a gun you're interested in, especially Glock, he has a review on it. He also has some basic question videos, such as stance, single action vs double action, and the basic rules of firearm safety.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ForgottenWeapons
Ian is a nice guy, all around historian of firearms, and a competition shooter. His videos are good for getting a general idea of firearm history, as well as how certain firearms work.
>>
>>29286684
This. Just know for that $200 you'll be spending on an LCP, it'll never get shot (because they're shit to shoot). If you want a 380 that you'll actually train with & shoot, get a Glock 42, Sig p238 or Colt Mustang. The last two are still hella concealable. The Glock is bigger but still light & thin.
>>
Get a S&W SDVE they come in 9MM or .40S&W. Its pretty much a Glock clone. I picked one up during black Friday for 279, You can find deals all day for 325 to 350.

Its got a crappy trigger but it smooths out a bit after a few hundred rounds, never had a FTF or FTE. Good cheap gun with a lifetime warranty. Eats all ammo including HP'S
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.