[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Vietnam Vets on here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Vietnam.jpg (11 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
Vietnam.jpg
11 KB, 275x184
Heard some CCR on the radio today and thought of all those Vietnam War movies and tv specials, and it occured to me how little I know about all of it.

Do any of you have any stories that you'd be willing to share? Anything emotional, funny, sad, exciting etc?

Anyways, just curious. Thanks in advance
>>
it ain't me
>>
I was assigned to a pt boat and one time a smoke grenade caught the canopy on fire
Had to use palm leaves instead
>>
My father was an ARVN officer and my mother a guerrilla, does that count?
>>
>>29285603
Well, some folks we're made the wave the flag. That red white and blue.
>>
>>29285618
That's definitely crazy to be honest lol>>29285608
Where did the smoke grenade come from? Was it a misfire or something?
>>
>>29285618
love finds a way
>>
>>29285638
>misfire
Yeah we were moving some guy up river to Cambodia and another or boat threw it at us because we stole their surf boards
>>
>>29285755
lol Did you happen to have Martin Sheen with you?
>>
>>29285778
Wrong sheen mother fucker
>>
File: 00415.jpg (49 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
00415.jpg
49 KB, 600x300
>>29285824
>>
>>29285824
no that's the right sheen you fucking moron
>>
>>29285618
Why was a black woman in Vietnam?
>>
>>29285853
mo money fo dem programs
>>
not me but my dad lit a mountain on fire once. burned for something like three days
>>
>>29285896
To be fair she did fleece the American soldiers for as much shit as possible. Act cute, get her little brothers and sisters to act cute too, get free candy and shit. Easy black market money.
>>
>>29285972
That's pretty badass desu
>>
>>29285592
My uncle told me a story one time where he was looking at a small group of viet-cong at night through one of those star light scopes, and there was an AC-130u overhead and one of the viet cong started firing at it, the other two went to try and stop him but it was too late. The plane deployed flares, turned around and lit the field up like the fourth of july.
>>
>>29286362
not as badass as it sounds...

they were scaring a fisherman that was fishing on the lake their range was pointed at, shooting rounds off the bow of the boat, and a tracer lodged itself in some brush on the mountain and burned for three days

he's got a bunch of other stories but I can't remember them anymore. I've gotta ask my mom for a couple next time I'm home
>>
>>29285592

Hello Red*it, Vietnam Vet here.

3 confirmed kills.

AMA
>>
>>29286452
which branch, what was your paygrade and mos
>>
>>29286464

olive tree branch

A+

Email me your top secret clearance because my mos is top secret. thanks.
>>
>>29286534
Knowing MOS's doesn't require a security clearance, and emailing you my clearance to have you tell me something TS is still illegal. Try again stolen valor.
>>
>>29286546

sorry i'm retarded I don't know what you're talking about please die
>>
My uncle told me that an uncovered shit hole gave away some sneaky gooks location when he tripped from it. Got him and 3 of his buddy's kilt. Uncle always claimed it was his shithole
>>
File: oldfag.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
oldfag.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
Probably not any Vietnam veterans here, though the occasional older guy does turn up, so maybe there is one or two out there.
>>
Gook here. Ask away
>>
>>29286562
STOLEN VALOR
>>
File: magnum.png (2 MB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
magnum.png
2 MB, 2060x1236
>>29286398
Try again. We do not light fields on fire in celebration of the 4th of July.
>>
>>29286398
Seems legit
>>
>>29285638
>never seen AN
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.