[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Colorado 15 Round Mag Limit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: lxrs073v2k1qeyrtco1_500.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
lxrs073v2k1qeyrtco1_500.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
I just moved to the Rocky Mountain State. Apparently after the the Aurora movie theater shooting they banned magazines holding more than 15 rounds.

However, I've read a couple articles about many gun stores selling "complaint" magazines that are simply 30 round mags with a stopper at the 15 round mark. In under a minute you can pop the stopper out and convert it to hold a full 30 rounds. This is apparently a "gray area" thing to do. Would it be okay to take my AR-15 to a range and shoot a post-ban 30 round magazine off without getting in trouble? Also, what's to stop me from going to say Wyoming or Utah and buying 30 round mags there?

Essentially, I want my 30 round mags. I also want to have a clear consciousness and not worry about breaking any laws. Are there any Colorado shooters out there that can put my mind to ease?
>>
>>29285141
unplug the 15/30's, buy them out of state and drive them in, buy a magazine parts kit, all pretty legal except the first (no one cares about the first though)

Hell, I've straight up bought 30s in CO
>>
Go to Wyoming. Everything is cheap as shit and only a couple hours north of Denver. Also gun shows here have various drums or extended clips, if that's your thing.
>>
>>29285141
>clear conscience about not breaking any laws

This is why we've already lost, fuck the laws, to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed is the law.
>>
30 rounders have been banned in NJ since 1992. Everybody has them, and they use them publicly.

Allegedly.

If it's a gray area, there's nothing to worry about.
>>
File: 1451460324392.jpg (111 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1451460324392.jpg
111 KB, 960x720
Question. I have several "illegal" thirty rounds mags here in california, however I am a resident of Maryland (military). Can I load my magazines into a pelican case and travel to Colorado and use them?

Is this even a gray area at all? Should I just stop being a faggot and use them?
>>
>>29285294
Stop being a faggot and use them.

Outside of los angeles or getting caught by a faggot cop who found a reason to TSA search your car and finds those 30 round towers of power inserted in an AR you will have no problem, you can load them up and stack them next to you in the passengers seat and legally be in the clear.
>>
>>29285257
Hell yeah, brother. I'm only 45 minutes away from Cheyenne. I was planning on making a stop up in the cowboy state soon.

Thanks to everyone for reaffirming what I was planning on doing anyway - fuck the 15 round limit. Let freedom ring baby.
>>
>>29285141
im no lawyer.

but the law simply states "sale" of magazines.

fuck when i got a rifle on the front range, the guy at the store straight up told me i could do whatever with the stopper when i bought the gun
>>
>>29285141
If you order a surplus gun can you have them put the 15 round block in the mags and get them shipped in?
>>
>>29285614
try asking them
>>
>>29285403
I believe you, I'm just paranoid about getting arrested for something so stupid, I would be a laughing stock if I ended up in court because of this

I'm pretty sure the police don't even care about military guys with thirty round mags, we're literally required to have them, also ignorance is easy to play.
>>
>>29285141
Since there is no way to tell that your magazine was bought in this state after a particular date, you can tell anyone who asks to kindly get fucked. Only Denver and Boulder have any police who might actually give a shit, the rest of the states sheriffs won't enforce anything related to magazines. In fact, we've had two sheriffs place arrest warrants on the Denver Sheriff for infringing on constitutional rights. Its a weird kind of place.

>Also
>Legally carrying my ccw on campus.
>Boulderfags can't do anything but cry
>>
File: ColoradoCantHave30RoundMags.jpg (1 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
ColoradoCantHave30RoundMags.jpg
1 MB, 3888x2592
>>29285141
Nobody cares about the mag limit, Ive been shooting with the FBI, Sheriffs office, park rangers and local PD at the same time and had 40 round mags. No shits given.

Avoid using them in the commission of a crime
Avoid using/owning them in the city/county of denver
Avoid bragging about it at gunstores/gunshows
>>
>>29286366
Fuck those Boulder yuppies. Does CU allow ccw on campus?

>>29286408
That's great to hear. I'm in the market for an AR so i'm looking forward to owning some 30 round magazines. I'm not in the greater Denver area so you've put my mind to ease. Thanks for the input man.
>>
>>29286833
State told Boulder they can't stop it. Breddy good.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.