[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do TACPs have such a high attrition rate when you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: photo5.jpg (37 KB, 448x300) Image search: [Google]
photo5.jpg
37 KB, 448x300
Why do TACPs have such a high attrition rate when you're basically an 11B grunt?
>>
Why do OPs have such a high stupidity when you're basicly a fag with a mouth full of cum?
>>
What's with this dumbass muhreen who keeps shitting on TACP? Did someone from TACP fuck your mom or something?
>>
File: 20151018-002.jpg (54 KB, 750x511) Image search: [Google]
20151018-002.jpg
54 KB, 750x511
Because there are a limited number AF TACP positions, so even if you're just as good as the next guy, it might come down to who has more connections (family, being a jesus freak, etc) or just a roll of the dice / who they like more.
>>
>>29285027
Because you're an 11B grunt who also needs to learn things. Knowing the 11B type, that's fucking hard for them
>>
>>29285027
I haven't liked any of the TACPs I've dealt with. They've all been dumbass prima dona's.

But I don't kid myself, they're fucking badass at what they do and it's a hard fucking job. I sure as hell can't do it.
>>
>>29285027
My buddy was telling me that most the airforce calls these guys Tactards.
>>
>>29285291
there's really not an enlisted position in the military without some kind of derogatory nickname
>>
>>29285112
>#poglife
>>
File: 30ni0c9.gif (25 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
30ni0c9.gif
25 KB, 600x250
>What's your job?
I call for fire in the air force
>Oh. They teach infantry privates that in basic training.
>>
>>29285027
Because the air force needs bodies for Security Forces. (Even though sometimes they say they don't, and force people out)
>>
>>29286822
POG privates learn how to do it (by grid only) in AIT
>>
>>29289497
Went to BMT with the TACP flight. Out of the 15-20 of them. 3 made it the rest got sent to my beloved Security Forces.

Glorious when they made fun of SF in BMT and then they end up what they made fun of.
>>
>>29290074
Lol absolutely.

>beloved security forces
You're joking tho, rite?
>>
>>29290409
I say it somewhat sarcastically but I wouldn't change my choice.
>>
>>29290421
Where did they put you?
The way you are talking it must be overseas somewhere
>>
>>29290574
Minot 4 lyfe.
>>
>>29291075
Wat srsly? And you aren't bitter and hating life how new must you be?

I did the PRP thing for a while, was at Malmstrom from '05 -'10. it wasn't good.
>>
>>29291111
If I wasn't on my phone i would post the "rape isent so bad after the tenth time" reaction image. Here from mid 2010- present.
>>
>>29291159
Are you at least someone who gets to go to cool guy training like trf? I wasn't lol, spent most of my time in CRF
>>
>>29291223
I don't have the sick hair to try for TRF, the overjelled combover look dosent work for me. Trying to head to CRF or MSC.
>>
>>29291335
Lol don't do it to look the way you have to at work, do it so your hair goes down to your chin off duty. Looking dumb at work is just the sacrifice you must make for longer hair
>>
File: 20160315_072330.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160315_072330.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>29291706
I feel bad for you prpfags, Gen Rand came a bit ago and said he was trying to change prp up so it doesn't fuck ya'll so much, at least I think it was him.

Anyways northern bases are the shit, at least if you're not prp.
>>
>>29292419
Oh I am gone from there lol, been at my next base for 5 yrs now ;-;
>>
>>29292441
Anywhere nice? Is there such a thing as a nice secfo base?
>>
Guys, whydoes the DPPS act like he's hot shit when's he's basically a 1448ab on a hot little platter. I mean when my DC1680 came around he was all like, man my m15 is all calibrated weird. And basically we're all gay. DO YOU GET IT GUYS I'M IN THE MILITARY DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAY I AM BETTER THAN YOU
>>
Not military and what is this?

Are they the air force equivalent of a sniper but instead of a bullet they send a plane at you?
>>
>>29292878
Not even close man. They're primarily JTACs embedded within the army.
I want to say they act like a liason between the army guys and the air force guys.
I know a lot of people can get JTAC certs, but it's usually a secondary skill for them.
>>
>>29293014
JTACS, don't know that one either but get the jist of it. thank you!
>>
>>29293014
True story
>on mission in Iraq
>hit by command wire detonated ied, no casualties, no damage
>think it's bait, don't maneuver after moving out of KZ
>Kiowas on site, identify badguys via or
>battalion commander comes on, orders Kiowas to use hell fires on entrenched personnel
>jtac comes on, says dumb idea, munitions not meant for that
>'THIS ISN'T MY FIRST RODEO SON'
>rgr that
>Kiowas make amazing July 4th fireworks show
>bad guys shit themselves, raise hands, surrender
>not a scratch
embarrassing to be quit honest
>>
>>29293180
Or == ir
>>
>>29292815
I have heard of places where they are in panama 8's, but never been anywhere cool.

I don't like being stuck here, although I must admit, my unit is treating me well considering, you know...
>>
>>29291111
I was prp too, couldn't even take advil without a script.
>>
>>29293379
God yea it was easier to just go to work sick or injured than it was to go to the clinic
>>
>>29293180
how do u know that they are the bad guys and ur not the bad guys?

pretty spooky if u ask me
>>
So has anyone here actually worked with tacps or ccts? They have different missions but can preform similar roles, I'd like to hear how they compare
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.