[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could 4 guys can pull off a heist in reality? if they had a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: pollresultsbankheist.jpg (91 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
pollresultsbankheist.jpg
91 KB, 500x301
Could 4 guys can pull off a heist in reality?
if they had a good plan, weapons, escape route. Could they be successful.
>>
File: 1390067233168.jpg (286 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1390067233168.jpg
286 KB, 1600x1200
>>29281850
>>
>>29281850
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bank_robbers_and_robberies
>>
>>29281850
Yes, it happens all of the time.

Specifically doing what they did, running down the streets engaging a few dozen patrol cops and detectives? Less likely, especially running 7" or 11" ARs (or even that weird galil) especially in this day and age.

If you define "heist" I could probably give you more specific info that >>29282165 didn't touch on.
>>
>>29281850
In modern America I doubt there are people who are both competent enough to pull off something like that and desperate enough to do it in the first place. That's an incredibly high risk heist for relatively low reward. There's easier ways for people like that to make a buck.

I guess, yeah, in theory. In theory the plot of Air Force One is possible as well.
>>
>>29282316
This. Bank Robberies are passe now, since every Armenian living here on an overstayed visa is involved in identity theft and other online fraud shenanigans.
>>
>>29282316
There's groups who have used similar tactics in real life. There was a group of white supremecists who ran a very successfull string of robberies by using heavily armed overpowering tactics and had the clever idea of leaving a fake bomb behind to tie up police resources. The things like using a stolen van as the get away vehicle, etc are all pretty sound and work fairly well, burning the evidence is pretty damn effective too. That same group had the FBI stumped actually till one of the members of the group fell out of the white supremacist beliefs and ended up tipping off the FBI. They had robbed several banks up to that point and the FBI's trail on them was cold.
>>
>>29281850
The problem isn't the heist, it's laundering the money without getting caught.
>>
>>29282381
Yes, it's happened in the past. It's incredibly unlikely to happen in the present. The RAF and OAS had bank robbers that did shit like this all the time.
>>
File: 1449602323176.jpg (46 KB, 540x523) Image search: [Google]
1449602323176.jpg
46 KB, 540x523
>>29281850
>>
Despite what the movies would have you think, in terms of raw statistics bank robbery is THE least successful major and/or violent crime in the United States.

Everything is against you from the second you even give serious entertainment to the idea. Planning for it. Actually doing it and not getting pinned in the bank. Getting away. Not getting identified by overwhelming surveillance and witnesses. Not fucking up. Not having your buddy rat on you for immunity/plea. Laundering the money successfully....
>>
>>29282466
The former student's association president at my university robbed a bank, shit was pretty cash
>Be fat chick
>Cruise up to bank with shitzu in passenger seat
>Note job
>Hop back in PT Cruiser and peel the fuck out
>Arrested like 15 minutes later
That was a funny day on campus
>>
Go in.
Get in line.
Get to cashier.
Demand whats in the register via a note.
Walk out.
They would rather submit than cause a scene and potentially hurt business.
A bank gets robbed and nobody will feel safe there.
They have footage of your face?
Doesn't matter unless you're already a felon or have some kind of mugshot.
Park far away, conceal a hammer to break glass if a silent alarm or remote locks the door.
>>
>>29281850
So is this a retarded idea ok /k/?

If a shop were robbed by 2 people, not a bank, but a slightly high end shop for a few grand.

Then they get in some car fast as fuck like in an alley or some shit, not near shop windows or the street, then drive up to the canadian border, go there before canadian guards get word or whatever, ditching whatever they robbed the place with and the first car (they in a second car now too) and setting fire to it but the money.

Then drive off to somewhere in canada, would it work?

Alternatively, someone robs a place in France but is from UK or Germany, flys to UK/Germany on their own cheap cesna plane or whatever, drive off somewhere, have money? Would it work providing they dont recognize you and there arent any cops really close by that can respond fast?
>>
>>29282507
>>29282496
Looks like she got her plan from /k/.
>>
File: brit butter.jpg (70 KB, 524x658) Image search: [Google]
brit butter.jpg
70 KB, 524x658
>>29281850
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUyqMMjwmR0

Here's a nice video on that scene by some real life gun guys. The money would be heavy as fuck IRL
>>
>>29282518
Or they could just get a month's paycheck
>>
>>29282538
That's actually a steak knife, the cheap kind they give out at a restaurant.
>>
>>29282518
you are willing to move to canada forever for 2 grand?
planes are expensive just sell the plane if you got one
>>
>>29282518

Canada isn't fucking Venezuela, they'll just find you and extradite you. That's assuming they don't search your car at the border and find your obviously sketchy haul right off the bat.

Even if you succeed and get away clean you now have to live the rest of your life in Canada with just the money you got from one store robbery.
>>
>>29281850

Yes. Two to babysit the manager's family and two to walk into the bank and show the manager photos/video of his family with guns to their heads.
>>
>>29281850
Do you see that guy?
That guy behind the car?
That guy with the huge chicken wing?

You need his skill to pull off a heist
>>
>>29282563
deadly weapon in the uk desu senpai
>>
>>29282567
Ok then.

What about if someone robs somewhere in France, again, not a bank but also not some shit store if you would only get 2 grand, maybe like some jewelry shop in a shopping center i dunno.

Then drive back to England/Germany, ditching the robbery stuff in the woods or off in the ocean if its near Calais. This is assuming they are already from UK/Germany, and no one sees the car and when youre at a good distance you drive normally. Like elliot rodger or whatever did when he stabbed those guys, left the scene and went to starbucks
>>
>>29282507

I read that AMA on reddit also.
>>
Do a search for erie pa neck bomb....interesting case
>>
>>29281850
>this stupid as fuck question
>this fucking grammar

Fuck off. You have school tomorrow.
>>
>>29282507
>They have footage of your face?
>Doesn't matter unless you're already a felon or have some kind of mugshot.

Wow someone posted this in 2001 and it's just now showing up on 4chan
>>
>>29282316
>There's easier ways for people like that to make a buck.
Like?
>>
>>29282667
Google the pink panthers.
>>
>>29282806
Drug trafficking, for starters. But really almost any other crime probably has a better risk/reward ratio except for something really stupid like assassination.

But hey, I'm not an expert. I'm just a moron on the internets. I'm just considering this logically using my limited knowledge.

Think about the amount of cash they're actually getting away with, then think about how much of that is actually going into the individual's pocket after laundering it, splitting it up, kicking money back to informants, agents, or middle men. Now think about the insane amount of personal and legal risk involved. It's just not worth it.
>>
>>29281850
You're more likely to get away with it if you just use a note.

Source: a guy who I met who was vaguely connected to my girlfriend's family robbed a few banks and got caught robbing a convenience store. I think he talked to get his sentence cut.
>>
Yes. Only if you're really fucking good
https://youtu.be/WDTj4cgdFUA
>>
>>29281850
Not sure, but i often masturbate to that scene in heat. awesome movie.
>>
>>29282434
Man, the royal air force must have fallen on hard times to stoop to robbing banks
>they bomb the bank and then send in ground crews to dismantle the safe and haul the loot to a getaway plane
>>
File: 1390770346956.jpg (133 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1390770346956.jpg
133 KB, 500x378
>>29283918
Holy fuck, that was operator as shit.
>>
File: z0mEiPF.jpg (100 KB, 1024x506) Image search: [Google]
z0mEiPF.jpg
100 KB, 1024x506
Of possible interest: https://youtu.be/WDTj4cgdFUA

>In the 1990s, Los Angeles held the dubious title of “bank robbery capital of the world.” At its height, the city’s bank crime rate hit the incredible frequency of one bank robbed every forty-five minutes of every working day. As FBI Special Agent Brenda Cotton—formerly based in Los Angeles but now stationed in New York City—joked at an event hosted by Columbia University’s school of architecture in April 2012, the agency even developed its own typology of banks in the region, most notably the “stop and rob”: a bank, located at the bottom of both an exit ramp and an on-ramp of one of Southern California’s many freeways, that could be robbed as quickly and as casually as you might pull off the highway for gas.
>>
File: 1456440451990.jpg (266 KB, 1650x1275) Image search: [Google]
1456440451990.jpg
266 KB, 1650x1275
>>29284614
Fug, meant http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/49/manaugh.php
>>
>>29282518
I mean, the store my mom works at has $2k+ binoculars and scopes. Clear out the whole case could net probably $25-30k
>>
>>29284692
Haha yeah that's pretty cool too. So anyway where does she work?
>>
>>29283918
video is private
>>
>>29283918
private
>>
>>29283918
>>29284035
Yeah super Operator private video...
>>
>>29282124
nice meme
>>
File: rps20160314_180228.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rps20160314_180228.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>29281850

I could do it, but can't run, but carry a stupid big rifle to make up for it

> inb4 burger

No.
>>
>>29282316
don't talk shit about Air Force One faggot
>>
>>29281850

In all fairness to the crew in HEAT they were pretty successful in other criminal endeavors. Would have probably gotten out clean if they hadn't had an officer specifically looking for them to be robbing a bank.

If they had tried that same robbery today they would have probably gotten fucked harder than they did in the movie. Literally everyone has a phone on them all day now and a robbery that involves shooting guns in a busy downtown area is not going to work out.
>>
>>29283918
fuck you
>>
>>29284787
>>29284826
>>29284778
>>29285021
It was literally unprivated when I post it. I really don't know what the fuck happened. Check this out instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMxHC93LW4
>>
>>29281850
They COULD, but the amount of cash banks keep on hand vs the risk involved makes it a fools errand.
>>
>>29281850
Probably not anymore, no. 20+ years ago? Maybe.
>>
>>29281850
All the bank robbers would be dead.
>>
>>29282266
no
once the cops show up youre fucked. Wth cops come SWAT, News cameras from the sky, BOLO's for surrounding areas. your goal is to get out before any of that shows up, that's how literally all the best bank robberies happen
>>
File: banking.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
banking.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Why is Bank Robbery romanticized?
>>
>>29285353
Because people like money.
>>
>>29285353

Its popular because poor people hate banks. Anyone who's ever been denied a loan has thought 'wish i could just fucking take it' at some point and bank robbers are really doing that.

Also some banks used to be legitimately despicable institutions and some early bank robbers would burn the banks records and mortgages before they road out of town. Assuming they destroyed all the copies available that made collections basically unenforceable.
>>
All you gotta do is get off your ass and don't act dumb.
>>
File: hsbc-sfSpan.jpg (37 KB, 395x260) Image search: [Google]
hsbc-sfSpan.jpg
37 KB, 395x260
>>29285419
>used to be
>>
>>29281850
You're better off robbing a check cashing place on the 1st or 15th.

Robbing a bank gets you 25-Life. Check place has more cash outside the vault anyway, and it's a simple robbery, not subject to the high mandatory penalty bank robbery is.
>>
>>29282381
>The things like using a stolen van as the get away vehicle
this
there used to be a bank in my town about half a mile from the freeway with a bunch of apartments across the street
bank was robbed multiple times
a couple times the get away vehicle was found abandoned in the parking lot of the apartments across the street and the robbers nowhere in sight
>>
>>29282124
What does it say?
>>
>>29284692
yeah retail
good luck getting that while trying to fence that shit
>implying any of us even know someone that could fence shit
>>
>>29285776
>negro detected
>>
>>29285353
It's the idea of conquering the thing that cannot be conquered.

"It's impossible to break into the Gotham Central Bank Depository"
"Even with five people in the crew, There's no way. Cameras, security guards, the vault itself!"
"Watch me".

Everytime you've told a human they can't do something, there's been someone at some point who found a solution to it.

>fuck you gravity! we flying
>fuck you Gordian knot
>fuck you ocean! I don't need to swim, Ima sail over mermaid surfniggers
>fuck you bugs, enjoy pesticides
>fuck you bears, meet bows
>>
Don't ever rob a bank. You will get caught and unlike robbing a store, robbing a bank is a federal crime
>>
>>29283508
>Drug trafficking
i kind of agree but dealers have to watch out for cops and other dealers
hell sometimes they even have to watch out for their own clients
i know 3 dealers that have been robbed, 2 by rivals who ran up in their houses and took all their money/drugs (mostly just pot and some pills) and told them to stop dealing or they'll come back, 3rd was robbed for a couple ounces of pot at gun point during a drug deal
>>
>>29285419
Banks haven't gotten any better. Modern banks are the scum of the earth. They invade every aspect of our lives, owning many politicians (including Shillary Clinton) and their greed caused the 2008 meltdown, and will cause the meltdown that's about to happen this year. The banks have indirectly killed millions of people from trashing the economy.
>>
>>29285353
A man with a gun can rob a bank.

A man with a bank can rob the world.
>>
File: payday 2 true.jpg (50 KB, 746x960) Image search: [Google]
payday 2 true.jpg
50 KB, 746x960
>>29285083
That's some Payday level shit.
>>
Couple of years ago a gang robbed a money transport depot (the place where they hold the cash before they bring it to the bank) they blew up a wall and got inside shot at guards and ran off with more then 1mil€ and then when they got chased on the highway they got out of the car and shot at the police using ak-47 while hijacking another car forcing the police to stay back this was in the Netherlands and i think they were never caught.
>>
File: brinks[1].jpg (152 KB, 1500x932) Image search: [Google]
brinks[1].jpg
152 KB, 1500x932
>>29289067
Cant find an English source but they were 6 guys and they got 12mil and one of them got caught it seems. you can google scarface gang they did more roberys on armored transports.
>>
>>29285834
>fuck you bears, meet bows
This ugly BEAR is fucking HOT bows. And basically, you are fucking stupid.

Find out his secrets!
>>
>>29282466
>not having your buddy rat on you for immunity/plea

this right here.

the more people involved the more likely you'll get caught because of some other retards fuck up

2 men can keep a secret if one man is dead
>>
File: 1453864918497.jpg (52 KB, 680x1010) Image search: [Google]
1453864918497.jpg
52 KB, 680x1010
>>29285083
Damn, son
>>
>>29284692
I think that about where I work. Bottles of whisky on the shelves that are around $35-$75 each. Wines and champagnes up to $50. Each till has about $300 in it and another $600 in the mini safe attached to each till. Multiply that by 7, there's probably about $20k worth of alcohol in the building in total. Safe outback that's not worth the effort.

That said of the 4 walls in the store, two of them are glass that are on a relatively busy road. If someone was robbing us then it would be known about immediately
>>
>>29283918
>>29284035
Any mirror or news link?
>>
>>29289550
It's not the same video but see this >>29285083

Also 60 minutes did a cool piece on them that's on YouTube if you just search Pink Panthers.
>>
>>29289536
I work at a sporting goods store in a really shitty part of town, Nikes are our highest loss prevention risk. Not just the shoes; the socks, shirts, sweatbands, anything with that swoosh. It's gotten to the point we don't have any Nike shoe boxes on the floor, the socks are well above arms reach, and if anyone wants to check out a Nike we have to be there the whole time, and it's one pair per customer/couple/group at a time. If someone came in the backdoor while we were doing a trash dump, and parked a truck right at the door, they could grab hundreds of Nikes valuing $60-90.

The best defense for that situation would be the mountain of garbage blocking the back door (which is also a fire exit) making anyone who tries to rush in stumble.
>>
>>29289067
>>29289223
But we have very strict gun laws, how could that possibly happen? It's almost as if criminals don't obey the law!

>Two members fled to Morocco
This doesn't even surprise me.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.