[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MAG - Martial Arts General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: luke_holloway_karambit.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
luke_holloway_karambit.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
[when you've absolutely got to btfo your attacker edition]
I hesitated between posting this here or /asp/, but since this fighting style is in no way a sport, and is only for defense, I decided to put it here.
Any of you guys familiar with Luke Holloway or Raw Combat International? What do you think of him and what he teaches?

He seems to utilize the karambit in alot of his training.

https://youtu.be/MTrFsW1_GNI
>>
>inb4 gunfu
>>
>Weapons training that's not a gun, staff, or baton
>On /k/
>>
>>29281800
I want the /asp/ies to leave
>>
File: dynamite.jpg (72 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
dynamite.jpg
72 KB, 500x673
>>29281800
>karambit
A deadly weapon in the right hands, it's true. It is, however, no competition for a well placed pipebomb.
>>
>>29281823
>>29281837
>hurr martial arts knowledge and practice isn't a weapon
>durr only idiots with guns allowed in my army
>>
>>29281858
What if I don't feel like carrying gunpowder and tetanus-treated shrapnel around in my pocket?
>>
File: go-home-and-be-a-family-man.png (32 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
go-home-and-be-a-family-man.png
32 KB, 512x448
>>29281887
Then I guess you don't feel like living.
>>
>>29281914
Is that a threat, anon?
>>
>>29281933
Just a tip. Nothin personnel, kid.
>>
>>29281868
>but this martial art is serious business
>>
>>29281868

Did I say that?

No I didn't.

I made a statement about weapons training outside of a firearm, staff, or baton being largely useless and indicative of McDojo shit.

You want to train with something you'll either never have on you or might get in trouble for having in a lot of cases, like a Karambit or Dagger, be my guest. You want to be serious about your martial arts, stick to things you can have on you or can improvise easily.

I have a friend that's into bullwhipping and Nunchuk. Why? Because he's a bike messenger and constantly has a 15 pound 4 foot length of chain on him. Makes a lot of sense for him. Someone else is likely to pick up a broom, or a stick, or a book something that can be improvised in a hurry and it pays to have relevant skills, like batton or staff.

Again, you train with something exotic, that's fine. Don't think it's practical though.
>>
>>29281800
Go to /asp/. /asp/ is the martial arts board. /asp/ knows WAY more about unarmed/melee weapon fighting than /k/ does.
That being said, boxing/kickboxing/muay thai+wrestling/judo/BJJ
>>
>>29281962
You can't tell me that nobody on /k/ hasn't at least thought about the possibility they might one day be forced to use hand to hand combat.
>>
>>29281979
they have, and promptly went to /asp/ to discuss it with people that don't really know martial arts.
>>
>>29281979
>the possibility they might one day be forced to use hand to hand combat

That's what bayonets are for
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.