[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/, help me, please. I want a gun. a Pistol. I am stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: FN5701.jpg (429 KB, 1737x1179) Image search: [Google]
FN5701.jpg
429 KB, 1737x1179
So /k/, help me, please.

I want a gun. a Pistol. I am stuck between a few.

The FN Five-seveN

The m1911a1

The Browning HP

The USP. 45acp

I want something incredibly personal, and really good for combat. I don't plan on going to war, but I want something that, If I was going to take on a cartel with multiple people attempting my life, I want to be armed.

Tell me what I should do.
>>
>>29276856
shotgun mouthwash
>>
>M1911A1
>Fighting off more than two-three people
>Isn't even set on a caliber, literally just listing guns from Cawadooty

I'd tell you to shoot yourself but you're obviously a noguns, nor are you old enough to buy a handgun.
>>
>>29276913
OP Here, Fighting off more than two or three people, it may be unlikely, but it is never bad to be too prepared.

I'm not set on a calibre, because I already know what the calibres of the guns I listed can do.
>>
>>29276856
If you're looking something personal and endearing to you you'll probably be better of with the Hi-power or 1911. If you want something practical and tactical get the usp. I'd probably avoid the fiveseven if I were you but that's just me.
>>
>>29276933
I'd love to hear you talk about the differences in the calibers you listed. I'd also like to know how you plan on concealing literally any of these
>>
>>29276856
Are you planning on concealed carry? If so, forget those and get a Glock 19 or something
>>
HK P30L
>>
>>29277112
9mm, energies about 300 ftlbs, usually run 15-19 capacity in full sized weapons

.45 energies around 450 ftlbs, usually run 7-15 rounds in full sized handguns

5.7x28mm, dependant on the ammunitions, energies can range between 250-400 ft lbs
Aftermarket EA ammo can defeat bodyarmour.
>>
>>29277185
>>29277112

BTW that was me, OP.

Also, I have held many of the guns I listen, The Five-seveN will be essentially easy, because of it's light weight and slim fit.

Don't know about carrying the others.
>>
>>29277185
no guns detected

holy shit, 9mm and 45 do the same thing you fuckwit
>>
Op, check this thread for info on the Five-seveN

http://boards.4chan.org/k/thread/29232005/im-wondering-what-k-thinks-of-the-fn-57-ive-been#bottom

Overall its great. Practice amo is cheap, self defense ammo defeats body armor. Its super accurate. Nearly no recoil. High capacity. Ultra reliable.
>>
File: SteyrM9A101.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
SteyrM9A101.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1067
>>29276856
I'll go ahead and make a full post since I have time.

I can't recommend the 1911. The magazine capacity is just plain too low, compared to other offerings. The 1911 is also very heavy, and many of them are known to have reliability issues and strong preferences for ammo. I own one, a Kimber Eclipse full size in 10mm. Its been great. Never a single jam of malfunction of any kind, but it is a fun gun, not a defensive gun.

The Browning HP? I can't recommend this either. Sure, its got the capacity. Its got 9mm. But its pretty dated compared to other offerings. I consider it a fun gun, not one I would carry.

USP? HK hates you. Don't buy from them. Also, backwards bullets.

There are other options. Take a look at the Steyr pistol lineup. They have four sizes. The S is a subcompact. The C is a compact. The M is a mid size, and the L is a full size. They typically come with these awesome trapezoidal sights that make shooting accurately a breeze. The trigger is fantastic, too.

So now the Five-seveN. Why NOT get it? There is only one disadvantage to the Five-seveN. It can be a bit difficult to get your hands on self-defense ammo. You need to buy it online, and the best company to do that from is Elite Ammunition. They sell some amazing 5.7 loads that blow out any soft body armor and still devastate on the other side. I recommend their S4M or T6B.
Other advantages of the Five-seveN are its extremely light weight. The pistol is hilariously light. The magazine capacity is 20 rounds in a flush fit magazine. You can get extensions that raise this to 30 rounds. Recoil is about 60% that of 9mm, making follow up shots easy. For people who have issues with anticipating recoil, this can be a boon for their accuracy. Oh, accuracy... 5.7 is extremely accurate, and you can shoot the pistol out to 100 yards quite well if you do your part.

So what about the shelf available ammo of 5.7x28?
>>
>>29278419
why the fuck are you still alive tripfag
>>
>>29278463
AntMan was resurrected as well. I don't know why this wave of trips are returning.
>>
File: FsN01small.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1115) Image search: [Google]
FsN01small.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1115
>>29278419
(Cont.)
SS197. The blue tip stuff. Its a 40gr Hornady V-Max. It contains a modest powder charge, enough to cycle the actions of the P90 and Five-seveN. The velocity is a few hundred feet per second lower than 5.7 is capable of. This makes a great practice or varmint round.

American Eagle 40gr FMJ/TMJ. Its a 40gr total metal jacket, meaning that the flat bottom of the bullet is also jacketed, which is supposed to reduce lead in the air when at indoor ranges. This is the best practice round, as it is the most affordable in general. It also contains a modest powder charge. It defeats Level II Kevlar. This bullet can be pulled down and reloaded to full power to defeat III-A kevlar with ease.

SS195LF. Uses an amazing 28gr match boat tail hollow point. Think along the lines of 77gr 5.56 bullets. This round uses an aluminum core. It is VERY long. When this bullet yaws/tumbles, watch out. The wound cavity is devastating. SS195 is suitable for practice, as it has a modest powder charge.

SS198LF. Identical to SS195, but with more powder, about 200 feet per second faster. This round is supposedly LEO/Mil only, but I've seen it on store shelves in person, and it is for sale on multiple websites at good prices. About $30 per box of 50. This is the best store shelf available 5.7 ammo for self defense. Defeats Level II Kevlar, but will not defeat III-A reliably. Use this if you can't get any Elite Ammunition.

------------------------Self Defense 5.7 ammo------------------------

Elite Ammunition S4M "UltraRapTOR"
This uses the same bullet as SS195/SS198, but is driven to 2600 feet per second out of the pistol. This is a full power round. The bullet is also moly coated to increase velocity. This round is DEVASTATING. At these velocities, core/jacket separation are common, resulting in two wound vectors per shot, or up to 42 per magazine.
TEST VIDEO : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxBFtilO_C4
>>
>>29278419
While I hate to admit it, this retarded tripfag is mostly right, except for the part about the USP and the 57. The USP is a great pistol, and the 57 is overpriced junk. You should also consider buying a Sig.
>>
>>29276856
BHP or USP. The first two options are crap. Especially the 1911.
>>
File: 1457931156470.jpg (16 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1457931156470.jpg
16 KB, 500x558
>>29278419
>>29278492
Obvious FN shill is obvious
>>
>>29278500
>BHP
>better than a 1911
you know how I know you're noguns?
>>
File: Rare57-28Ammo.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Rare57-28Ammo.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29278492
Elite Ammunition T6B. This is a custom made copper bullet, cut on a machine. It is segmented into four sections. The sections can sometimes separate, creating additional wound vectors. If all four segments separate, you can achieve up to 84 wound vectors per magazine from the Five-seveN. This much fragmentation is very unlikely, though. This round blows through III-A Kevlar with ease. Elite is continually working on the bullet design and metallurgy. They have made the copper harder, which will increase the chances of fragmentation, and further increase its AP abilities. DEVASTATING.

TEST VIDEO : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMlxdp1cSw
>>
File: Trident1.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Trident1.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>29278502
If I were an FN shill, you'd see me shilling FNPs and FNXs, along with SCARs and shit.
>>
>>29276856
Litterally all meme guns
>>
>>29276856
>Doesn't mention Glock
>Doesn't mention Smith and Wesson
>Debating on a Browning High Power instead of buying it.
>>
>>29278301
Ok fudd
>>
>>29276856
Underage b& pls go suck a shotgun.
>>
>>29278346
Shocker Marisa here to tout the glory of 22magn...Er 5.7.
>>
>>29276856

The guns you like are all fine. Here's what you need to know...

As long as the gun is quality (reliable, accurate) it really doesn't matter.

Debating makes/models/calibers is a lot of fun online or at the gunshop, but it is the least important part of the equation.

What really matters, is what you do with it.

How open are you to seeking out quality training, and then regularly practice what you have been taught?

I think what really matters is YOU, and the amount of time and discipline you are willing to exert in being a gun owner.

Think of it like this, who would you rather have your back in a gun fight: A special forces guy armed with a revolver, or John Q. Public armed with the latest greatest handgun that has every light/laser/trigger kit/etc bolted on?

Your headspace and skill are VASTLY more important than the particular gun, so just like buying a guitar, it doesn't matter if it's a high end or garbage tier, a skilled musician can do great things with it, while someone who simply bought a guitar can't do anything with either except plink the James Bond Theme.

Don't get me wrong, shopping for guns is super fun, and debating the differences keeps these boards rolling, but it kind of distracts from learning what you should be focusing on.
>>
>>29276856
1911-buy RIA model or COLT the rest are just overdone gimmicks
HP-surplus never seen one do your own inspection-new cost is high for siad handgun
FN 5.7-no itd not viable, A its ammo is only avaliable at the speciliety shops IE big gun stores or cabelas (bass will not carry it)
the USP 45- have one like it but does have downsides mags are expensive and the rail issue
final note on 1911a1 understand the series 80 (firing pin safety)and 70 (older model no firing pin difference and that RIA produces budget models but they work well enough
personally suggest glock 19 or 17 or p226
>>
>>29279299
I was at BassPr last week and they had SS195, SS197, and American Eagle
>>
>>29279299
In addition, every gun store I go to carries one or two kinds of 5.7. One even carries ss198, the "OMG AP BANNED" ammo.
>>
>>29276856
Make sure your local ranges allow PENETRATING calibers on thr pistol range if shooting in doors. One range here doesn't allow "Magnum, Big Bore, or Armor piercing" on the pistol line which i find depressing.
>>
>>29280526
Not an issue unless you are firing Elite T6B or SS190 steel tip.

SS195, SS197, and maybe even American Eagle are no more damaging to backstops than 9mm, .45, 10mm, etc.

But if your local range doesn't allow "Magnum" ammo, then their range is shit anyway.
>>
>>29280526
Was asked not to shoot my 7.62x25 surplus before at a range. RO cited it damaged the backstops
>>
HP would be my first choice.
5.7 I been really curious about, thanks anon for dumping would probably be my second choice.
1911s are really slim always wanted one wouldn't be disappointed if I got one instead of the other two

>ultra expensive .45
why?
>>
>>29280689
That stuff is steel core, and that is a genuine concern for the backstop.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.