[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you realistically do in a nuclear holocaust?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 24
File: 1426870660531.jpg (23 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1426870660531.jpg
23 KB, 360x270
What would you realistically do in a nuclear holocaust?
>>
>>29274470
Die
>>
>>29274484
/thread
>>
>>29274470
put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye

also, you're like 40 years late with this question.

you asshole, now i have the duck&cover song stuck in my head.
>>
Drive off with a car full of guns and ammo. Totally not suspicious or lacking in foodstuffs.
>>
>>29274470
Nothing because realistically it wouldn't happen.

Even if it did I wouldn't do anything other than momentarily wonder if I could make the stores in time to add to my horde of stuff before realizing I live 50 miles from the nearest town.
>>
File: le scrub face.png (1 MB, 1122x1122) Image search: [Google]
le scrub face.png
1 MB, 1122x1122
>>29274484
you cheeky little cunt, use your imagination
>>
I live close enough to a major target that I'd have, at BEST, half an hour to try to do anything. So, I'd just rub one last one out.
Okay, two last ones.
>>
>>29274525
>because realistically it wouldn't happen.
Keep electing presidents who want to provoke Russia for muh hohols and you might be surprised.
>>
If i wasn't dead immediately I'd kill my family then myself. Why would anyone want to "survive" in some post apocalyptic hell?
>>
>>29274529
Ok, I'm imagining either dying horribly due to blast pressure, the fireball, thermal radiation, starvation, disease, or looters. Best case scenario I'm either vaporized instantly or living self sufficiently in a part of Siberia no one cares about.
>>
Considering my city is a major production area for the petro chem industry, I'll either get vaporized or the US would take protective measures then I'd survive and help around in soup kitchens or some shit.
>>
File: 1412140143584.jpg (96 KB, 1170x688) Image search: [Google]
1412140143584.jpg
96 KB, 1170x688
>>29274567
>mfw I live within 50 miles of Vandenberg AFB
>>
File: nuke-targets-48.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1620) Image search: [Google]
nuke-targets-48.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1620
How fucked are you?
>>
>>29274567
>So, I'd just rub one last one out.

way ahead of ya, dude. i was a webelos scout. BE PREPARED.
>>
Die. Even if I could get to a bunker I'm not spending the next 15 years playing chess with the same 5 people.

BTW go see 10 Cloverfield lane if you haven't already, its bretty gud
>>
>>29274700
>15 years
Thats like one whole game of monopoly
>>
>>29274707
or Risk
>>
>>29274700
If they do it right the next movie could be amazing. They won't, but it's nice to think about.
>>
>>29274659
fuck man
>>
>>29274729
What do you think could happen that'd make it amazing?
>>
File: dead.gif (2 MB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
dead.gif
2 MB, 570x300
>>29274659
>tfw multiple overlapping triangles
>>
>>29274659
I need to hide from fallout for less than 3 days according to the red streak map.

Yes, I have a fallout shelter. Why don't you? It cost me like $150 in materials to make one of the rooms in my basement into one.
>>
File: FO3_GAB_Arlington_Lib.jpg (610 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FO3_GAB_Arlington_Lib.jpg
610 KB, 1920x1080
>>29274784
>Yes, I have a fallout shelter. Why don't you? It cost me like $150 in materials
>>
>>29274644
North or south? I'm in Ventura county too!
>>
>>29274749
2 hours of humanity slowly winning the earth back. More action oriented than the first two.

Problem is I've never seen a movie like it. My dream is to see a monster movie following a group of competent soldiers/survivors unifying and reclaiming the land that was taken from them.

>First movie. Oh fuck run
>Second. Oh fuck hide
>Third. I'm tired of the lmao's bullshit. Let's fuck them.
>>
>>29274470
Probably die, considering I live about half an hour away from a power plant.

In the off chance I didn't, I'd probably load everything up in the car that I could, head to my old job and take the dodge with the goose-neck, load up a few barrels of diesel and drive my roommate to his parents place in Lipan, TX. After that, I'm Chicago-bound. Don't care if I die on the way, I just want to make sure my brother and his fiance are okay. If I make it that far, find them or not I'll either an hero or go look for other family. Eventually, I'll just have to head back south and probably try to get to New Mexico.
I'll leave the truck on the side of the road when it breaks down or runs out of fuel if I cant find anymore...
>>
>>29274853
santa barbara county. Goleta
>>
File: der jon.png (433 KB, 550x528) Image search: [Google]
der jon.png
433 KB, 550x528
>>29274865
OP here, I live like 30 minutes from Lipan. pls pick me up on the way
>>
Your mom.
>>
>>29274889
Lol no way, where at?
>>
File: 914K0gFzM7L._SX522_.jpg (38 KB, 522x264) Image search: [Google]
914K0gFzM7L._SX522_.jpg
38 KB, 522x264
I have a plan.

I do need more time before it happens.

After waiting the initial period for fallout, assuming I survived. Wait out the winter and shoot anyone who comes inside my barricaded home. Probably cannibalize my family in addition to going through prepping supplies.

After the winter bundle up and wear my kit and head towards the Appalachen mountains (1 hour drive, I can hike there and it's an even longer hike.) Or if not save there is a large national forest near me within 30 min walking distance.

I need more of these bad boys, and I would probably make a reverse gorttex membrane water filter for irradiated water from some of my kit.
>>
>>29274470
Now? realistically die within the first moments of the war. I live near a plant and a major base. I'm fucked regardless of what I do.

Planning on joining the army in the next few months, so assuming it happens after that, also die.
>>
>>29274888
Eliot, leave those girls alone.
>>
File: Ckm2V.gif (428 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
Ckm2V.gif
428 KB, 500x322
>>
>>29274659
All those Triangles around Cincinnati, because why? GE Aviation is there I guess?
>>
become a warlord.
>>
>>29274602
me
>>
>>29274978
It goes all the way up to Dayton, Ohio. I guess it makes sense since they have the Air Force Base. Piss.
>>
>>29274659
I've never understood why Fort Worth gets fucked so much harder than Dallas on this map. I know about the FEMA center, but that's way north up in Denton.

The JRB out here isn't exactly worth nuking, and Dallas has about half a million more people.
>>
>>29274659
This bullshit map
>>
>>29275001
Because the map is bullshit
>>
>>29274996
>>29274978
Did they just pick every State Capital as highest priority? That is retarded, surely Dayton would get hit before Columbus.
>>
>>29274659
>if this map wasn't inaccurate

Hopefully holding a marshmallow on a stick
>>
>>29274984
Same.

Live in the moment.

Fortify an area to survive in and then acquire resources, try and avoid the white powder on everything. Assume that everything is contaminated. Don't trust anyone you meet.

Get large tumors on body and say fuck it, kill as many as you can while still healthy and go down in a blaze of glory.
>>
Well I live in a town in California which inexplicably would be one of the number one targets for nuclear attack.
>LA? Nyet
>SF? Nyet
>Roseville? DA
>>
>>29274659
Wait, so there are actually places in the U.S that wouldn't be completely devastated? I thought nuclear war meant EVERYTHING and EVERYONE dies.
>>
>>29275047
The vast majority of the nation would be untouched.
>>
>>29274470
It's unlikely that my home or other properties would be located in areas affected by the actual missiles. The grid going down and shipping stopping would effect me though. I have some stuff prepped up like food and water filters and access to livestock to butcher. Defending from roving hordes of looters would definitely be a concern. I would defend my home if possible but also have other properties to escape to.
>>
>>29274820
8 1/4 inches of concrete reduces Gamma by 90% compared to unshielded.

I simply selected a corner of the basement to make a room in with filled 10 inch thick cinder block instead of hollow stud/sheet rock wall. Then I attached plywood to the concrete and sheet rock to the plywood (the plywood lets me hang pictures, shelves, and stuff like it's a stud wall, except the whole wall is stud, I don't have to find one). The ceiling is 10 inch thick poured concrete, with similar sheathing, and rebar for structure and to tie into the rebar sunk in the filled voids of the cinder block.

I have an electric fan to draw air through a HEPA filter, with an exposed tailshaft I can mount a crank to so I can circulate air even when the power is out; I've also wired an exterior antenna into the space so I can set up radio to listen to or perhaps unlicensed HAM.

The door is next to the wall, and does not face the walk-out, there is also a third wall making the entrance into a hallway that goes all the way to the exterior wall, meaning any radiation has to turn a minimum of 3 90 degree corners (IE ain't happening) to reach the inside.

It's not a huge space, but it's big enough for a couch, a card table, a book shelf, and I can set up up to 4 cots.

It also has my gun safe, my reloading supplies, my deep freeze, and the shelves I put my canned vegetables and other long term foods on.

I mean to get a gieger counter, but in the mean time I'm hoping that I can get radiation forecasts on the short wave. That is supposed to be a thing.
>>
>>29274644
>tfw i live closer than that
>>
>Indianapolis
>Lafayette, IN

But why would these cities be targets?
>>
>>29275056
Huh. Strange. My idea of nuclear war has been completely changed. I always figured it would be the end of humanity
>>
>>29275047
There aren't enough nukes in the world.

There wasn't enough nukes in the world back when we had even more nukes.
>>
>>29275087
you poor Lompton bastard
>>
>>29275107
This map is based off an old FEMA publication that listed possible targets, rather than likely targets. these are two different concepts.

In addition, when the FEMA publication was made, the Soviets had a vast arsenal of strategic weapons that dwarfs the one today.
This is why this map is not very useful today.
>>
>>29275112
What happened to the rhetoric that we had enough nukes to nuke the entire world 100 times or some shit like that?
>>
>>29275110
The West has let this misconception go unchallenged in the media for far too long. A comprehensive civil defense plan (shelters, encouraging personal shelters, getting back to teaching duck and cover) would literally save millions of lives in a full exchange.

But apparently the idea that nuclear war is hopeless is more important than your life.

All these fags thinking they're fucked 50 miles from an airbase, they'll be fine, or they would be with just a little bit of prep.
>>
>>29274979
This
>>
>>29275143
Literally 5th column Soviet agitprop, spread by institutions they supported and infiltrated, in order to weaken western resolve in the face of nuclear war and dismantle our civil defense infrastructure and education system.
>>
File: 4c6.png (243 KB, 680x370) Image search: [Google]
4c6.png
243 KB, 680x370
>>29275133
Not only that, but the Grissom Reserve Base in Northern Indiana is an emergency stop for Air Force One IIRC, not to mention it being the base of a major refueling wing. It would be a far more likely target than Lafayette, that place is a shithole.

>MFW I live ten miles from Grissom so if I'm right I'm fucked.
>>
>>29275156
Duck and cover and a week in a hole would literally save you from all direct harm.
>>
>>29274659
north maine.

feels good to be in the greatest place on earth. even enemies don't want to destroy it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-10-17-00-15.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-10-17-00-15.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>29274529
Okay, I die quickly.
>mfw central ohio
I'm fucked six ways from sunday
>>
File: Operation_Crossroads_Baker_Edit.jpg (4 MB, 5137x2696) Image search: [Google]
Operation_Crossroads_Baker_Edit.jpg
4 MB, 5137x2696
>>29275146
It's basically a tactic to make using nukes unthinkable to the public. If you tell people that they'll all die in a nuclear exchange, they'll choose leaders who won't use nukes. That, and nobody has really viewed a strategic exchange as probable since like, the '60s. Any use of nuclear weapons today (barring India and Pakistan frying each other) would likely be tactical and theatre-level, along the lines of blowing the Republican Guard out of their holes with a kiloton-level device in Desert Storm or something.
>>
>>29275010
Oh, ok.

Well good then.

I suppose if I survive and there aren't fuck tons of radiation then, I would load all of my supplies, guns, ammo, and dogs into my car. If I found out about it early enough, I might try to go to the grocery store less than a mile away from me, load up a shopping cart with as much stuff as it will hold, prioritizing anything I'm low on.

Somewhere in there I would call my gf and find out where she is. She's a registered nurse, but not on bedside anymore, so I'm not sure what would happen if they declared a mass-casualty incident. I honestly don't know how I'd handle this part. I would want her to come with me, but I know she would probably have a strong sense of duty to stay and help, and I'm not sure it would be right to try and convince her to abandon that.

Then I'd drive away from DFW in a direction away from where I think radiation will be headed, avoiding major freeways, most likely west or southwest. We have lots of long stretches of backroads in Texas so I'd make pretty decent time to the middle of nowhere.

At this point, I'd try to meet up with people, and offer to share supplies in exchange for shelter, and settle down. I'm a decent hunter/marksman and know enough about electronics (radios) to be an asset, and my gf being a nurse makes her a very obvious asset to any small community trying to get by.
>>
>>29275047
Vast areas of the US would be fine
It's pointless since 80% + of our population live in clustered urban areas.
Food disruption would the next big killer so only people that had thoigh this out would live
>>
>>29275175
>all that fallout in a 2k warhead scenario heading due east

kek
>>
>>29275190
Kind of implies anyone would waste a nuke on Ohio. This is coming from Indiana at that
>>
File: fuggg.png (35 KB, 1076x713) Image search: [Google]
fuggg.png
35 KB, 1076x713
>>29274659
pretty fugged, 2bh

whay are ther so many focussed on indian territory? no fair white devils
>>
>>29275156
Holy shit me too
>>
>>29275220
Apparently, op and I are headed for chi-town.. Swing through Stephenville and help me out if you care to.
>>
So what would someone who lives in a suburb outside of a city do? Just drive away and pray?
>>
>>29275271
>>>/fallout shelter/
>>
If there is a cuban missile crisis-type thing I would stock up on an insane amount of tinned food so i get tons of holocaust pussy.

But seriously, I would walk down to the local abandoned pharmacy and nab some choice pain meds and benzos. Then I'd do a walkabout sipping a bottle of vodka looking for the highest ledge I can find.
>>
>>29275226
80%+ of Americans would still survive to wish they'd have prepared a little.

Potassium Iodide, knowing (or building) a functional fallout shelter, having enough food on hand to survive a few weeks supply chain disruption, all of these things are things that you would wish you had thought of earlier. Duck and Cover applied consistently and effectively would reduce casualties further, as a ton of people are going to be killed or injured by falling or flying debris.

Remember that the circle of incineration and certain death is actually quite small compared to even a medium size city.

The fallout shelter and potassium iodide would be the difference between dying in pain months to years later and living a full life in a post war America where city liberals have died in far greater proportion than the rest of us.

Does Anon really want to deny themselves this future?
>>
>>29275282
Dude I don't even know if we have fallout shelters here.
Oh well, good thing I'm moving to the country next week
>>
>>29274529
die horribly from fallout.

goddamn V.A.T.S.
>>
>>29275271
Shelter in place for a few weeks. After that, it should be generally safe enough to go places. Haul ass to a secluded area if you dont want to have to fight off assholes.
>Or stay and and fuck up as many people as you can before you die.
>>
File: lhasas.jpg (160 KB, 1088x615) Image search: [Google]
lhasas.jpg
160 KB, 1088x615
>>29275263
>chi-town
Chicago? Or is there another chi-town?

There's a good chance I'd be headed through or near Stephenville. I can give you a ride, but if my gf comes with you may have to sit in the backseat and let my dogs snuggle with you.
>>
>>29274659
>Ft. Bragg
time to kiss my ass goodbye.
>>
>>29275297
You'll need one most places, even if only for a couple days.
see
>>29275085
Lots of buildings have natural fallout shelters as a consequence of their design.

Keep a couple weeks food and water on hand, get a month's worth of potassium iodide tablets for each family member, figure out where you can put 8+ inches of concrete between you and outside, or 18+ inches of soil or much less steel or lead, and you'll be good.
>>
>>29274470
Realistically? I live in NorCal, hundreds of miles from any possible target. I guess I would keep going to work, unless that dried up. We have a couple of biomass power plants in Humboldt, I don't imagine the lights will even stay off for more than a week or so.

We might see some refugees from the Bay Area or Portland, and I imagine FEMA will probably have something or other going on in the area. Sub regional op center or something. I got family in Roseville, we'll probably bring them up here because Sac and the Bay Area will be a zoo.
>>
>>29275297
>not forming a militia with your neighbors
>not adding to the collective stockpile of food in the fallout shelter
pathetic
your kids probably dont even know how to shoot
>>
>>29275247
Whereabouts? Miami County here.
>>
File: 20160227_145318.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160227_145318.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>29274659
Oh so fucked Omaha is a target in all the scenarios. Thanks Stratcom. Also what plane is this I'm not sure it's at the entrance to Applebee's near Offutt.
>>
>>29275324
Sounds good, bub.

>I dont care how many times you make me pick it, a pool is not a body of water, captcha.
>>
>>29275359
Looks like an early prototype of the A20
>>
>>29275344
>your kids
Come on man, I'm just an 18 year old conservative who was raised around liberals, I'm still figuring this shit out
>>
>>29275291
Potassium iodide is just for preventing thyroid cancer years after the fact. Prussian blue would be another useful one to have handy, but really, if you survive the initial burst and don't get injured severely by it, you'll probably survive (not counting food shortages, infections, etc).

As for me? One of the advantages of being in buttfuck nowhere, Newfoundland. Only targets that might exist here are Goose Bay and Gander. Gander's an hour away, and Goose Bay is right the fuck off in Labrador, so neither is particularly worrying.

We could really set ourselves up as a serious regional power after a nuclear war, actually. Offshore oil and a refinery in place already at Come-By-Chance, a fairly solid self-sufficient streak (plenty of wild game, decent number of farms and people with vegetable gardens), power from the hydro dams and Holyrood generating station would likely stay consistent...
>>
File: the game.jpg (102 KB, 384x500) Image search: [Google]
the game.jpg
102 KB, 384x500
>>29275371
me too familia
>>
>>29275380
>implying the refinery wouldnt be a target.
>>
>>29275367
Thank!
>>
>>29275271
Have a pre-planned bug out location. Account for weather patterns and potential fallout plumes when you plan your route.

The other choice is: leave immediately or shelter in place for a couple of weeks.

If you shelter in place, you might get caught up in a forced relocation or a mandatory shelter in place/curfew order. FEMA probably wants to restrict random wandering around for reasons.

If you head for your BOL while the exchange is still going on, you might dodge most of the fallout. There might be roadblocks manned by jittery cops or NGs, though. If you really want to be devious, download some FEMA letterhead and print yourself out some kind of travel authorization.
>>
>>29275271
Ever heard of Mad Max?
>>
>>29274784
I'm not autistic.
>>
>>29275036
Dude I know that feel, I live somewhat close to Beale
>>
>>29275226
Within a week FEMA will be trucking in food and water. That's the real function of FEMA camps, to concentrate the surviving urban population in places where they can be fed and sheltered. It'll be T-rats and a cot in a tent, which is better than Velveeta and crackers around a campfire in the ruins. But not by much.

The first couple of weeks will be rough. FEMA's going to be getting set up, there's going to be a lot of panic and despondency. Cops and NGs are going to be in hair trigger magdump mode.

Figure you want to be self sufficient for at least a month. You also want to have some caches, in case camp life gets really bad. If you get picked up in a mandatory evacuation, plan on losing any obvious supplies you have on hand at the time.
>>
File: IMG_1002.png (491 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1002.png
491 KB, 960x640
>>29275703
Or you could just eat people.
>>
>>29275740
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE
>>
File: 8fa.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
8fa.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>29275756
OOH I LOVE EATING REAL PEOPLE

>oh god the captcha was food
>>
>>29275085
Put furring strips along the front and sides of your shelves. Keeps your canned goods from falling off if there's some kind of temblor. Heavy equipment or trucks passing by on the street can get enough vibration going to cause stuff to walk off the edge. Takes a while, but it happens.
>>
>>29274470
Put on GP-5 and run for Wyoming or similar area. I would put that as far from a targeted city as possible for the contiguous US. Central Canada or Alaska would be top tier though.
>>
>>29274659
Dover AFB is within walking distance of me. At least I would go out instantly.
>>
>>29275324
I too live in DFW (Plano) and would be headed to Stephenville.

I wouldn't take 75 to get out of DFW, of course, since that would take me through the blast area. I'd leave north then take a road west and basically loop around DFW. If the wind was from the east I'd go east instead. Either way, I'm heading towards Stephenville so I can go towards Brownwood and meet with my family, then we return to their house because its in the countryside and my stepfather has an FFL and owns many weapons, and the land has plenty of deer and other such things. The rest of my family lives in that immediate area too, all within a few miles. We'd pool our resources, use any equipment we needed of my grandfather's (owns a construction company), and probably hole up in my uncle's house, since he has the largest house and its made of stone, so its got the best defense if anybody shot at it.
>>
>>29275297
Everywhere in my town still has the cold war shelter signs posted. Older schools libraries, anywhere that is big brick and has a basement.
>>
>>29275885
my town only came to be about in the last 20 years
>>
Until penetrating X-rays from the nuclear fireball cause explosive deconstruction of skull from violent boiling of fluids within skull cavity, while simultaneously, the instantaneous rise in pressure from concussive blast wave implode the skull cavity into itself; radiation emitted from nuclear blast cauterize subdermal bodily fluids, causing necrosis of flesh of beyond subcutaneous tissue; light emitted from nuclear fireball cauterizes ocular tissue, causing permanent blindness; lethal doses of ionizing radiation from nuclear blast causes agonizing symptoms of acute radiation sickness until mortality within 48 hours; shock front from nuclear blast causes hemorrhaging of blood vessels as ionizing radiation cauterizes bodily fluids; death from total organ failure by acute radiation sickness caused by nuclear fallout or cancer caused by intake dosage of ionizing radiation or bodily uptake of nuclear isotopes into bone tissue.
>>
>>29275867
Anon you replied to here. If you wanna give a ride to two of my friends out there (Addison, but they would meet you wherever), you'll have three more shotguns and a decent amount of birdshot. They will try to make you stop by a liquor store, but tell them you're bringing them to me and they'll drop it.

Heading north then heading west is a really good idea, and probably what I would do if I was still out there. I lived in the N. Dallas area (Richardson, Plano and Addison) for 6 years.
>>
>>29276061
>They will try to make you stop by a liquor store

Hell, no need, I've have plenty of liquor for everyone if I took what I have in my cabinet with me.

I wouldn't, but I'd definitely take my vodka since I could use that as an antiseptic if need be.
>>
>>29276078
>Hell, no need, I've have plenty of liquor for everyone
Don't tell them that. They'll take it as a challenge.
>>
>>29274659
Depending on the size, I may or may not survive. Being within around 15-20 miles from a power plant, my odds aren't great.
>>
>>29274659
Stop posting this shit map
>>
>>29275324
>>29275867
>>29276078
Sville fag... North Texas meetup when?
>>
>>29274470
die.
>>
>>29274581

No, nothing will happen.

Take your fat kid foreign policy perspective back to /b/
>>
>>29274659
Probably fine
http://www.baka.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/secrets-out-soviets-did-not-target-cities-20120805-23ny1.html
>>
>>29276334
And once again, we see how the 'evil commies' somehow approached the whole nuclear standoff a lot more passively, and responsibly than America.

Am I the only one who finds this just a little bit fucked up? The amount of shit they let slide that our own war hawks never would have ignored is just astounding. And fuck the drunk general story, the one that always sticks out most in my mind is that we were doing a space launch, or something, that looked just like a ballistic missile on radar, and we decided not to tell the Russians because "fuck them", or whatever. And the only reason we didn't have WW3 happen was because some lone officer decided that America wouldn't be insane enough to try a launch, and refused to give the order to 'return fire'.
>>
>>29274470
die i guess...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDF2xfcbv8
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 281x179
>>29276016
you forgot the image
>>
>>29274659
>tfw live in new york
who /gigafucked/ here?
>>
>>29275703
I mean long term. The amount of ash that would go into the atmosphere would kill global food production for 50 or so years
>>
>>29274659
>total atomic annihilation
>>
>>29276428
LA reporting
Fucked as well.
>>
>>29276255
Whenever someone with land that's somewhat easy for everyone to get to wants to host. There's a bunch of us on here on /k/, but every north Texas range has the usual bullshit no fun allowed rules.

I don't have land yet, but I'd be happy to help coordinate a meetup if an anon has land we can go shoot on.
>>
File: co-missile-a-1360.png (64 KB, 650x621) Image search: [Google]
co-missile-a-1360.png
64 KB, 650x621
>>29275826

I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>29276505
I HAD land in Breckenridge until the other day. FML
>>
>>29274659
That map is pretty much shit
>>
>>29274659
seeing as I live 20 mins from the enduring stockpile, extremely.
that said, if the fallout didn't kill me, i'd just off myself.
call me a pussy, but I do not want to live in the hell that a full nuclear exchange between superpowers would create.
>>
>>29274659
if grey is safe then im all good
>>
>>29274659
>New Jersey
Well fuck
>>
>>29274700
>15 years
4 weeks at the most
>>
>>29274470
Push the next button.
>>
>>29276255
What's with all the folks from Stephenville on /k/? I didn't think Tarleton had expanded *that* much.
>>
>>29274470
Tape plastic over the windows, kill the master breaker and unplug everything (just in case EMP turns out to actually be serious), call relatives and urge them to get on the road out here before all the city folks panic like a swarm of locusts, start making plans for having to grow most of the food I'm going to eat next year.
>>
>>29276945
Is there really that many... or am I the only one?
>>
>>29274659
Why is The Valley a target?
>>
>>29274602

Why would anyone want to play Fallout?

Who wouldn't want to live in a world were all your problems, concerns or worries were washed away by the most God-like power ever created by man?
>>
>>29274470
Die because this isn't a fucking movie.
>>
>>29274659

>tfw safe if the enemy uses 2000 warheads but not 500

Why?
>>
>>29274700

Is it actually worth a damn?

I watched the original Cloverfield with my father at the drivein and it sucked. At least it wasn't as much of a waste of time as 2012.
>>
>>29274470
Wait six months inside eating dehydrated food and breathing filtered air tending rabbit and chicken stock, make a rad survey uncover good topsoil polycover and plant and make a hobby of looting .
>>
>>29275012

Dayton's dead senpai.
50% negro, might as well be a second Detroit but without GM or Chrysler.
>>
>>29275155
Russians like lying.
>>
>>29275304

>You can select multiple enemies on screen at once!

>you can only select the one in front of you and Dogmeat
>>
>>29276428
>>29276494

>on /k/

You both might as well kill yourselves.
>>
>>29276399
Are you referring to the Norway rocket incident? Soviets were informed, but they didn't inform their radar operators. Don't forget the numerous bugs in their early warning systems, like the famous Petrov case and probably a lot more that were kept quiet.
Not saying similar shitty probably didn't happen in the US as well.
>>
>>29274996
>Piss
Is this an Ohio thing? I haven't heard it used as a swear until I started watching shows & YouTube videos made by Ohioans. Tourettes guy, first.
>>
>>29277613
Shit you're right. Everything becomes a videogame as soon as the bombs fall.

Just remember, when the cannibals are roasting your kid and raping your wife while they castrate you... Its just a videogame bro
>>
>>29277875

I'm sure people are going to become cannibals.

also,
>having a wife and child and not being able to provide for them
>>
>>29274484
First post best post
>>
>>29277613
People can also get over gunshots and shattered limbs with a quick nap. There's also no such thing as cancer, just ghouls.
>>
>>29274581
A firat strike is beyond sucidal for Russia or the US. though given the inherent animalistic irrationality of the russian I suppose anything is possible
>>
>>29277895

Who's going to be shooting you unless you're in a large city?

Cancer takes years to develop even if you inhaled fairly large amounts of radioactive matter.particles
>>
>>29277910
If memory serves, roving packs of bandits start blasting you the moment you enter their territory. And cancer is a prewar myth: large radiation doses just make your skin fall off, grant immortality and sometimes wreck your frontal lobe.

Dude, have you even played Fallout? You can literally punch people into chunky salsa by choosing a perk.
>>
>>29274470
Holy shit, we can talk about this stuff on /k/ now?
Did we get a new mod???
>>
>>29274470
Survive with mien niggaz
>>
>>29277931

I was humoring when it came to fallout.
I hate the 10x or whatever time advance and I dislike that it only takes 1 hour in-game hour to travel anywhere or heal any injury compared to the first two.

My point was that, as a society, we love to see people getting butchered and tortured in cinema, but they are repulsed when the first piece of negative reality comes into their lives.

For many Americans, as it has been stated, large scale nuclear attacks wouldn't even devastate us for one generation.
>>
>>29274484
>>29274484
>>29274484
Came here to post this. Glad it's first.
>>
>>29276453
You need to get caught up to this millenium. Nuclear winter has been debunked as a myth, based on bad science and emotions.

Plan for fallout from ground strikes on hard targets.
>>
>>29274659
Well pretty much every direction I can go leads to another triangle so fuck me
>tfw I live on McChord
>>
>>29274659
>live in a small town that's a good hour from chicago
Looks like I'll be getting a nice little light show before bunkering down
>>
>>29274784
It isn't the Cold War anymore. The most likely nuclear threat we have is Kim Jong Lulz and even then, that isn't much of a threat.
>>
>>29274470
>Make an awful attemp to live out my fallout fantasies and probably get myself killed after a week of roving around aimlessly with my mosin and a fannypack full of cliff bars and star wars bandaids
>>
>>29275220
Head west to Tucson. There's no way anyone would waste a nuke on that shit hole(even if they should)
>>
>>29275237
You're retarded if you think Ohio isn't sitting high on Russia's nuke list.
>>
>>29275107
Both those cities were home to bases since closed. All enlisted paperwork and such used to go through Fort Benjamin Harrison in Indy, for instance. The only major facility still here is NSWC Crane in southwest Indiana, most everything else is gone.
>>
>St Paul
probably dead if anyone gives enough of a shit to nuke us
Since im unifag i cant have any guns on me so yeah, probably boned
>>
>>29274659
my entire county is in a triangle

fucking kidding me
>>
>>29274470
prolly get vaporized in the first 30min of the war.
>>
File: 1457149069762.png (1 MB, 955x973) Image search: [Google]
1457149069762.png
1 MB, 955x973
>>29274470
Hope I'm indoors. Then head northwest.

I live in central MD. so there's 5 likely targets all around me.

I'm pretty much fucked.
>>
>>29274659
>I live in a 500 warhead target zone
Guess I'd probably die.
>>
>>29278491
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
this doesnt cover for the fact that the soviets and the americans tried to literally ignite our atmosphere - the nuclear winter they envisioned
>>
>>29274484
This. Living in central Manchester would ensure I died quickly.
>>
>>29274659
As long as the charelston and Huntington nukes don't overlap I should be fine, and I don't think much of WV is a target anyway.
>>
File: 1448406352149.gif (1 MB, 386x286) Image search: [Google]
1448406352149.gif
1 MB, 386x286
>>29274659
mfw i live in northen maine
>>
>>29274470
As I live next to a naval Reserva air station, I think dieing is fairly certain
>>
>>29274659
>live by one of the 500 scenarios targets
>that target happens to be a nuclear power plant
[X] FUCKED
[ ] NOT FUCKED
>>
>>29274659
>500 Warhead scenario
>50/50 chance depending on weather
>China only has ~250 as far as we know

wew lads, I actually didn't realize how small their arsenal is. I can sleep better now.
>>
>>29277623
you realize the 2000 warhead strike includes the first 500 as targets, right?
>>
>>29279370

oh
Didn't think of it
>>
>>29274659

I can tell you without even looking at that map that living about 25 miles out from Charlotte means I'm dead.
>>
File: 1433744826525.jpg (60 KB, 679x657) Image search: [Google]
1433744826525.jpg
60 KB, 679x657
>>29274659
>Seattle
>multiple overlapping triangles and dots
I'll just stand out on my porch and get it over with.
>>
>>29279632
Why?
>>
>>29274659
>Hampton Roads

I don't need a silly little map to tell me I'm fucked.
>>
>>29274470

I'm about two miles from PHX airport, in the kill zone.

> Cthulu kills his most loyal first
>>
>>29274978
also a Federal Reserve branch bank, and the 6th federal court, also sundry financial institutions and telephone exchanges.
>>
>>29282211
None of those are really nuclear targets.
>>
>>29275085
>all this extra shit

Gamma radiation is not even a fucking big concern in nuclear fallout, most of it is alpha and beta emitters and you can quite literally turn a normal house equipped with a decent HVAC system into a fallout shelter with some plastic and duct tape. Nearly every single particle that emits gamma radiation is heavy or short lived and usually both.

If you want a gieger counter build one yourself, you can get a kit for like $130 bucks and tubes themselves are as low as $30 dollars. (prices might have changed, but this was the going rate in 2003) Since you seem to have an irrational fear of gamma radiation I suggest getting a windowless tube (these cost a lot more) since they're pretty much purpose built to catch gamma rays.
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.