[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listening to the radio today and for some reason the Russian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 522x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 522x336
Listening to the radio today and for some reason the Russian invasion of Afghanistan came up. One caller claimed that spetznaz would carry bastard files in their boots for interrogation. If the locals wouldn't give up info, they would supposedly pull these out and start filing teeth. It was supposedly highly effective. Has anyone else heard this? And I guess unorthadox torture weapon thread
>>
>>29271804
Seems farfetched.
I remember seeing a Chechnya video where seemingly for shits and giggles some Chechens shot off a guy's fingers one at a time.
>>
>>29271804
carrying a file, in your boots.

lets think this one through. not saying they didn't carry files but fuck carrying it in your boots.
>>
>>29271804
Generally that kind of stuff wasn't carried by field interrogations, Spetsnaz would generally do that back at their base where they've got a mix of blowtorches, drills, saws and other devices to make someone talk. Field interrogations usually done with the shovel, lopping off bits, beatings and bending limbs into a pretzel- basically lay someone face down on the ground and bend their feet towards the back of their head.
They'll do it in groups too.
So if you've got 2-6 captives, one of them might be useless, they'll use him/her as an example to the others and take him to bits with a saw.

Essentially, telling them what they want gets you a quicker death, because they will kill you. You will not survive Spetsnaz (or GRU) interrogations in Afghanistan. They used to run some pretty industrial scale torture facilities there, especially down towards the south of the country where the locals where rounded up and a lot of mass graves can still be found, as well as the actual facilities they used.
>>
>>29273936
>one of them might be useless, they'll use him/her as an example to the others and take him to bits with a saw.

dated a girl who's dad was PTSD'd the fuck out after vietnam

I took everything he said with a bucket of salt, but it sounded cool, so here goes

>be him
>be inna Nam
>served as artilleryman
>macvsog spooks would routinely show up with groups of 5 or so suspected bad guys
>would request illumination at coordinates whatever, or fire support, or whatever excuse was convenient that week
>would hold the least valuable prisoner's head on the breech block
>fire one
>move body away
>bring next least important, repeat until somebody talks
He said they never, not once, got all the way through the group without somebody spilling the goods.
He was all PTSD'd because he was MEGA liberal hippy kid that got drafted and spent his tour wiping blood out of howitzer breeches and burying mangled head parts

make of it what you will
>>
>>29273606
>lets think this one through. not saying they didn't carry files but fuck carrying it in your boots.
This, its bad enough wearing the wrong socks.
>>
how could you put one of those in your boot what the fuck
>>
>>29274146
badass

>>29273936
I believe it, but sauce?
>>
>>29274146
brutal
>>
>>29274146
My Grandfather was one of those spooks.

Jesus christ no wonder he didn't talk about war.
>>
>>29274146
My dad would play poker with a guy who was in macvsog. Dude was an alcoholic and prone to violence after he got back. Wouldn't be surprised if he was dead or crippled from PTSD by now.
>>
>>29274221
>>29274237
>>29274251
yeah it sounds badass

but for a hippy kid, I mean, he wasn't like going to front line combat where at least it was you know. . . fighting. Two sides in combat.

He was literally a mass executioner at 18. They would bring up women and teenagers sometimes, basically anybody accused of aiding the enemy (allegedly).

If what he says is true it's proper fucked imo. He was reeaaaaly bad in the head, even in his late 60's when I met him.
>>
>>29274146
>make of it what you will
Possibly legit, its a fairly sort of standard practice with the GRU/CIA spooks that do the out of country humint stuff. They're pretty fond of the violence in interrogations and warzones tend to hold some very dark places and secrets the civilians never hear about.

>>29274221
>I believe it, but sauce?
Three tours in Afghan, plus it was sort of standard knowledge before we went in that this is what the Soviets did there, the people had to deal with and it'd be part of our E&E (or SERE as its called to other countries)
You could probably look it up on the old google, but Spetsnaz did use files on people's teeth.
>>
>>29274338
Fuck, I wanna get a drink just from reading about it.

Noone should be made into a fucking executioner (and frankly, made to commit war crimes) against their will.
>>
>>29274197
In a jackboot? You can stuff there pretty much anything you want.
>>
>>29274146
>>
I've read about it in fiction books. I think Death Beam was the book.
>>
>>29274146
Fukkin metal.
>I take it with buckets of salt.
I don't even care, I WANT this to be true.
>>
>>29274146
mother of christ.
I almost want to say that's awesome but that kinda feels wrong.
as for unconventional torture, on the psychological side, I figure lubing someone up with vaseline and then making them climb up a rock wall with razorblades would probably work pretty well.
as for direct physical torture, hooking one end of someone to a winch and another end to a fixed point and slowly pulling in the winch would be pretty effective.
or just take a 1" drillbit and slowly drill into their asshole.
>>
>>29274172
russian?

socks?

you miss spelled foot wrapping.
>>
File: 9780393335576.jpg (30 KB, 372x400) Image search: [Google]
9780393335576.jpg
30 KB, 372x400
>>29271804
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780393335576?redirected=true&selectCurrency=AUD&w=AF45AU9SCHG38LA8Z393&gclid=CLvBurqdxcsCFYJjvAodsUIDjw

So this was written by a soviet defector before the end of the war.
He does mention that filing teeth is a surefire method for getting someone to talk.
>>
>>29278000
>Suvorov
Ayy
>>
>>29271804
spetznaz speak local language to extract any information?
>>
>>29271804
>local afghans

>having teeth in the first place
>>
>>29278614
No. They just like to hurt people.
>>
>>29278614
They have a couple of options- a terp, or a cheat-sheet printed out which has a selection of generic questions to sort of get some kind of understanding

>>29278641
No, they fucking LOVE hurting people
If they're not tearing into each other like a feral pack of dogs to figure out who gets the top bunk, the only thing they prefer is fucking someone else's shit up.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.