[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If someone can join the military due to past mental illness such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (106 KB, 326x248) Image search: [Google]
image.png
106 KB, 326x248
If someone can join the military due to past mental illness such as ocd or anxiety, what are some other ways to get adventure? What are some non military /k/ related jobs?
>>
>>29271160
>military
>Adventure
kek

Go skydiving, hiking, boating, book a hunting trip, or knock over a piggly wiggly.
>>
>>29271160
Become a pilot.
>>
>>29271180
How being an infantrymen in the army not an adventure?
>>
>>29271349
I hope you like sand and shitty people.

If adventure is what you want, you could do so much better.
>>
>>29271180
>knock over a piggly wiggly.
O Brother Where Art Thou fan detected. I LOVE that fucking movie.

>>29271349
Your attitude about being an infantryman died in WWI's trenches.
>>
>>29271349
It's really boring a lot of the time and really shitty some of the time. It's certainly an experience but I wouldn't call it an adventure.
>>
>>29271160
Can I join rangers with aspbergers and Adhd
>>
>>29271160
Join the syrian rebels or some rogue army dunno fag look it up or try to make your own band of bandits in buttfuck africa
>>
>>29271371
But hey at least it was fun to think about it being an adventure
>>
>>29271390
>with aspbergers and Adhd
Nigger, you can't do anything with those two conditions mixed together. Gotdamn son
>>
>>29271349
If you think sitting in the same spot for 12 hours in the desert watching an ASIP is an adventure, then you can gladly have my job.
>>
>>29271414
I'm going prove you wrong
>>
>>29271160
>military
>adventure

Ha-ha every Army in the history of mankind has probably used that bullshit selling point.

OP I joined the Army with a history of mental illness, I wanted an adventure too but all I got was triple distilled faggotry and the regrets that come with wasting your college years on learning useless shit that won't get you a job at Sears.

Go to trade school and learn a skill that will keep you employed and comfortable, save some cash and have an adventure on your own terms.
>>
>>29271451
>Go to trade school and learn a skill that will keep you employed
This. The military is shit-tier for finding work eventually, and four year colleges are a waste of fucking time and money if you aren't going for some hoity toity desk job in an office....which too many people are doing currently.
>>
>>29271160

To be honest I just sneak around on other peoples land shooting guns and poaching if it becomes a crime of opportunity. Usually if I don't see any game to take within the first mile or two I won't bother though. Always easier to walk to a spot than to walk all the way back carrying a dead elk with trashbags taped around it hanging like dead weight on your shoulders. I also illegally fish if I know the area already and know it has a good spot.

I use google maps to give myself a good idea of what a 'safe' direction to fire is. I also don't do this during regular hunting season for obvious reasons. I've had three people return fire at me, one of them almost certainly could have killed me given the two "near misses" into the same knothole of a tree. One time I spent half a day hiding in the brush from somebody in a helicopter that was buzzing in low trying to spot me out. Haven't actually seen any of the people who shot back due to foliage and distance.

Makes for a more exciting weekend than going to the range. I call it Action Camping.
>>
>>29271561
give more return fire stories
>>
>>29271561
You deserve a medal m8.
>>
>>29271594

I can sum up both with

>shoot gun into a direction that looked clear on Google maps
>bang bang bang
>WHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPTTTTTT
>THWOCK
>WHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPTWHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPTWHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPT
>PFFFFF THWOCK
>hit the deck and start low crawling the fuck back to where i parked

Not really that scary but the people shooting back at me also probably weren't actually trying to kill me. I mean yeah they shot guns at me and some of them hit within a few yards of where I was but it didn't feel like someone was sitting there really lining up a shot and going 'gotcha cocksucker'.

I suspect I disturbed a poacher with the guy who "missed" me twice. Was obviously a bolt action rifle, out of deer season and in the middle of nowhere along a game trail. Might have even thought I was the property owner or something.
>>
>>29271160
http://www.scribd.com/doc/67855018/The-Manual-of-the-Mercenary-Soldier#scribd

read this you cucked piece of shit

I'm heading to south sudan
>>
>>29271429
>>29271429
But don't exciting this happen? Have you ever had to shoot your gun? Doesn't it feel good just to know that you get paid to carry a weapon?
>>
>>29271390
No
>>
If you want adventure out of the military, SOF is the only way you'll get it.
And SOF is something that you need to devote every fiber of your being to accomplish.
>>
File: air force versus army.jpg (1 MB, 1416x1848) Image search: [Google]
air force versus army.jpg
1 MB, 1416x1848
>>29271349

Infantry (and marines/army, generally) is a horrible choice, you'll end up stuck in a shithole desert for long ass deployments. No booze, no (heterosexual) sex, no fun.

Go in the airforce and you might get stationed in Rammstein if you are a wehraboo, or Yokota if you are a weeaboo (just some of the best ones).

Then you can use your 30 days paid vacation to go wherever the hell you want. Want to take a trip to chernobyl? Want to fuck some french girls? Want to visit the vatican because you are catholic? Rammstein is in the dead center of Europe. Get on a train and you can be just about anywhere in Europe pretty damn soon.
>>
>>29271160
It sounds like you just want to join MSF
>>
>>29271390
Are you a sperglord? Well, you can always lie to get in, a-

>tripfag

Yep, you're a sperglord. They'll sniff you out from a mile away.
>>
>>29271434
Jesus Christ you sound like such an autist.
>>
>>29271160
Did you even talk to a recruiter yet?

It's called lying and not acting like a tard. Think you can handle that? If not, you don't belong.
>>
>>29272268

No shit, he literally has aspergers. He literally is autistic. He's already admitted to it.
>>
>>29271160

Join the fucking Navy if you want some traveling adventure.

>source: I'm in the Navy
>>
>>29272405
How much poon can one reasonably expect to get in the navy? I'd expect more than the army.
>>
>>29271434
kek
literally fucking dying over here.
>>
>>29273314
I am in great lakes A school right now and there is nice poon 'erywhere
>>
>>29273314
From all the navyfags ive talked to, oh yeah.

Hell, I had a buddy that was a Naval MP... The ship made port in Ukraine if I remember right... The Ukrainians literally met them at the dock with hookers and vodka for everyone.
>>
>>29271371

>Your attitude about being an infantryman died in WWI's trenches.

This stings the soul, for it's the truth: since the advent of Mechanized warfare, infantry most of the time is expected to sit around and occupy territory, and maybe if you're "lucky" get to go on scouting missions where you risk getting sniped by some moron with a nugget.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.