[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: DSC_0771.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0771.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
6 o'clock, same gun, same ammo
17 shots at 21' the same as always.
The next post reveals the problem.
I don't know what to do.
>>
File: 1457799575745.jpg (494 KB, 1590x1680) Image search: [Google]
1457799575745.jpg
494 KB, 1590x1680
>>29268260
Why am I back to the same spot?!????
>>
>>29268260
Cell phone scribed exif data.
>>
>>29268260
don't worry too much anon
I'm sure you'll get it down some day
>>
File: DSC_0772.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0772.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>29269502
Thanks
It doesnt spot high with the silencer Co barrel.
This is same sought hold and ammo with that barrel.
For some reason the Glock barrel is shooting even highest that it was which is what has me so confused and I'm left again!
>>
>>29270104
Fucking phone, everything same, different barrel.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8JX2hZR_6g
>>
You're most likely just a shitty shooter.
Practice your pose and grip and pulling the trigger.

I mean 21ft is like 7 meters?
That's honestly pretty pathetic.
>>
>>29270122
>>29268274
4chan scrubs EXIF now because retards kept getting doxxed
>>
>>29270405
Fine, whatever, you're predictable but why does a different barrel shoot lower?
>>
>>29270405

Those groups are fine for that distance. Post your groups faggot.
>>
File: DSC_0769.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0769.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Bum mong because I really don't understand, the op is a 6 o'clock hold and it's hitting where I was hitting without a 6 o'clock hold.
It's also gone back to the left after the sights were moved, I checked and they're still where we set them to.

The silencer Co barrel shots to point of aim regarding elevation.

I'm in no way saying these are good groups. What I am saying is there is a consistent pattern.

Left side is Glock barrel, right is silencer Co, same sight picture.
>>
I'm not a very accomplished pistol shooter, but I'm fairly proficient.

I always shoot low with Glocks, something to do with the sights. Make sure you're holding at the right point of aim.
>>
>>29272497
...... It's a 6 o'clock hold....
>>
>>29272532
Find out what range the 6 o'clock hold is for.

For example, the Heine sights on my 1911 are 6 o'clock at 20 yards or meters (forgot which). If you're shooting at 7 yards, no shit you're going to hit low.

If you consistently shoot low on various guns, then the problem is more likely you.
>>
>>29272715
>If you consistently shoot low on various guns, then the problem is more likely you.
I agree completely. I've owned a bunch of guns. My Glock 27, for example, shoots dead center on target with the sight picture shown on the bottom of the target here >>29272439, blue and yellow drawing on how to. Glock 27 is dead center. My Glock 19, when I still had it was dead center, and my HK p2000 (which I traded away like a moron) I used to shoot well out to 50 yards. My 629 with my hand loads, I could get 4" groups at 75' which I was happy with. So to answer your question, I do not have this experience with other guns.
Lastly if you look at the target shown here >>29272439, the left side (bottom in pic because it's turned but left side if you pretend it's upright) is the Glock OEM barrel and switching the barrel out with a silencer Co barrel but doing EVERYTHING else exactly the same, gave the 2 group on the right side of the target.
By 6 o'clock hold, I mean I was doing what I would generally consider point of aim at, at the the bottom of the middle circle or bulls eye. The elevation of silencer Co barrel is dead spot on for point of aim as shown using the sight picture as illustrated in the picture at the bottom of that target, top of sight lined up with middle of bulls eye.

Okay, so here's where it gets weird. I was getting extremely consistent group, all high left, as pictured here >>29268265
That picture also illustrates what I did to correct. I moved the rear sight over which fixed the windage error and I tried what I'm calling 6 o'clock hold which fixed the elevation error. The last target, bottom right, in that picture I'm very happy with.
>>
File: targets.jpg (749 KB, 1560x2904) Image search: [Google]
targets.jpg
749 KB, 1560x2904
>>29273946
Then today I go back to the range, the rear sight is still moved over (verified) and the I still used the 6 o'clock hold, shooting at the bottom of the bulls eye (2" lower than I had aimed for the first 5 groups pictured >>29268265) and damned if my shots didn't land in the exact same mother fucking place they did when I first got the gun.
See picture here >>29268260

That means suddenly, with the Glock barrel only, I'm shooting 2" higher than I had been and more to the left than I had been.
WHAT... THE... FUCK?!

Seriously do not know how to fix this and the people I've asked just say, "Uh, must be your grip." Look, I can try to adjust my finger depth and try different grips. I just don't get it.
>>
>>29273999
point of impact shifting when you swap out parts like barrels or ammo is perfectly normal

especially if its something like no silencer and silenced
>>
>>29274059
>like no silencer and silenced
Just the barrel. I bought a threaded barrel thinking I may get a silencer or if the hearing protection act passed, I would have made a silencer. Figured if it did happen, threaded barrels would be impossible to get for a while.

The point is, I'm not shooting even a little low with that barrel and it's a little over an 1" difference at just 21'.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.