[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys are weapon experts, so could you please tell me the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: GTA Online.png (181 KB, 478x328) Image search: [Google]
GTA Online.png
181 KB, 478x328
You guys are weapon experts, so could you please tell me the point of open carry?

I understand concealed carry since self protection is important. But open carry feels like an advertisement that you don't have a very large penis.
>>
>penis meme again
get fucked, leftist, shall not be infringed
>>
>>29267659
There could be a law allowing me to hang an onion from my belt, but it would make me look a bit of a tit, desu.
so I just bought a concealed onion holster...
>>
>>29267676
Fine, good for you. I choose to hang my onion from my belt. Shall not be infringed.
>>
>>29267680
No one here is trying to infringe your rights to open carry or rub your pecker, little man
And I agree with your right to hang your onion wherever the fuck you want.
I was suggesting that either was an option, given personal preference.
>>
>>29267696
Serious answer to your question: open carrying is more comfortable and the weapon is more accessible.
>>
I respect people's right to open carry, but I just think tactically it's a bad idea.

The element of surprise is a great advantage in my mind, and by open carrying you give that up. If a robber is about to rob a store and sees you first, now THEY have the advantage of surprise, and will most likely steal your gun on top of whatever else they were going to take.
>>
People that open carry SBRs and normal sized rifles are cringe as fuck. I guess if you wanted to carry a pistol in your hip it's a little less weird. But still, I'd assume people would want to CC to maintain a surprise.
>>
>>29267698

also is a good way to start conversations with other gun people, or people looking to join the community.
>>
File: 1325808157090.jpg (36 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
1325808157090.jpg
36 KB, 500x489
>>29267736
>I carrying around a gun to meet other men
>>
>>29267746
You don't?
>>
>>29267761
Of course! I love the gloryhole action, basting my ass in cosmoline before I strap on my oc, spare mag, shades and baseball cap.

Oc has got me more manpussy than any meetandfuck app.

Seriously though, oc helps to differentiate serious intelligent gun owners from the manchild 'mah right' cheeto bandits.
>>
>>29267646
>You guys are weapon experts, so could you please tell me the point of open carry?

I mostly agree with you, but in Texas, a couple of power hungry cops basically manhandled a lawfully armed guy just walking from his hunt who didn't even do anything wrong.

This started the Open Carry Texas movement.

While open carrying is an advertisement for you to get shot first in a criminal situation, it also makes people think that you might be a detective/cop and scare them away.

Another point about open carry is that you can't actually conceal rifles and sometimes, you just can't leave them in your truck because it's a mile away and you wanted to drink some latte before going back to hunting shit.
>>
>>29267710
What if it's a Skorpion
>>
>>29267646
would you rather know a guy has a gun and know where it is or not know where it is?
>>
File: klobbering.png (296 KB, 631x439) Image search: [Google]
klobbering.png
296 KB, 631x439
>>29267789
>>
>>29267782
>someone really believes this
>>
>>29267736
Honestly it scares more people and puts you in harms way. If I'm 20 feet away and behind you wherever, and I see you have a gun and I wanna rob the place, I'm putting a bullet in you to make sure I survive this. If you're concealed, I don't see gun,rob the place and you defend yourself and everyone else or just leave unharmed.
>>
>>29267646
It shows people you have a gun, as a deterant, and ad that you're armed or that you have a free gun if I knock him out or kill him. I do not open carry, even though I can without a permit I don't. You show every criminal around you that you have power that they can get, you scare people around you sometimes or cause a scene. People will bitch about rights.
>>
>>29267646
>ops so insecure in himself he questions the size of other peoples dicks

Kind of pathetic that you automatically think of cocks op, but oc is valuable for innawoodws and country carry and there is no reason to ban it
>>
>>29267818
Guilty, I guess. I have always believed this too and it has been demonstrated in practice many times.
Not quite to that extreme, but it certainly says something about the mindset and maturity of the carrier.
>>
Open carry is legal in my state, but a concealed permit somehow costs hundreds of dollars, two months of paperwork, and 10 hours of classes

>fuck it, it's going on my belt so I don't have to wedge it in my asscrack all day
>>
>>29267990
Was referring to around town oc, not oc by necessity.
If you are in Alaska or Bear country, oc is the norm and perfectly acceptable.
>>
OC should be legal so printing isn't a crime
>>
>>29267698
Also makes it obvious that you have a gun so an attacker can take it from you.
>>
>>29268117
That's fucking retarded, have you ever fired a gun?
>>
>>29267963
See nah.
You'd pick a different store.

Most criminals are not smart. They don't want a confrontation, because they think other people are as stupid as they are.

Tell me, would you rob a store with a cop there?

No. Because cop has gun.
Would you rob a store with guy with gun?
No, because that could be a cop.
>>
>>29267646
Aside from comfort, accessability, and the opportunity to advertise to other gun nuts that you are also into the same shit they are there is also the acceptability factor. People fear what they don't understand or can't readily see. Familiarity breeds comfort. If everyone open carries 24/7 soccer mom's everywhere live in constant fear...for about a month or two. Then they get tired of constantly stressing out and it just becomes background noise.
>>
File: 123-2.jpg (85 KB, 563x258) Image search: [Google]
123-2.jpg
85 KB, 563x258
>>29268117
>not using a retention holster
>>
File: rention-serpa.jpg (54 KB, 1000x696) Image search: [Google]
rention-serpa.jpg
54 KB, 1000x696
>>29268117
>so an attacker can take it from you
Because pic related isn't a thing, right?

In case you're too stupid to realize what you're looking at, it's a Level 2 retention holder.
>>
>>29268128
it happened to some dipshit back in Jan. Two people grabbed it from him and ran. Speed holsters, not a great OC choice
>>
>>29268155
Bullshit. If soccer moms open carried for a month there would be none left. All those bitchy squabbles would become massacres.
>>
>>29267676
Which was the style at the time
>>
>>29268187
This.

Low iq, poor education, drives suv, 'won't somebody think of the children(and me) attitude.

Imagine the self righteous powertrips!
>>
>>29268187
Win win,
>>
>>29268149
Alright so some dindu sees your piece and wants it, he jumps you, or shoots you because Honky got a gat he likes. People shoot and jump cops for their guns. Hell there's stories of cops taking a piss and getting knocked out because their gun. I don't want to be that paranoid about carrying a gun.
>>
>>29267646

> 2 reasons

1.) I'm not paying the State a tax to exercise my rights

2.) Everyone can see that I exercise my rights, and are less likely to try and deprive me of my freedom.
> I've had weirdos get uncomfortably close, but then back away when they see my sidearm. I didn't even have to touch it and it saved me from trouble.
>>
File: 1424251876241.jpg (40 KB, 619x464) Image search: [Google]
1424251876241.jpg
40 KB, 619x464
>>29268080
Same
>All day long boring-ass class
>Been waiting 6 months so far for my permit paperwork to finish being processed
>Every 5 years I have to do it all over again
>Meanwhile people like OP thinks the only reason to bother OC'ing is to dickwave and not because getting a permit isn't nearly as quick as writing "I can do anything I want" on a piece of paper for a CC permit
>>
>>29267646

If you're not inna military in active duty there's no reason to open carry.

Inna war, open carry is obviously for easy / quick access to your pistol / knife / ammo etc...

Inna street, open carry is so muggers and killers can correctly identify you from a mile away and shoot you dead first.
>>
>>29268257
>Can't tell if real answer or meme-filled troll post
>>
>>29267646
The gun makes it easier to rape you with my small penis
>>
>>29268280
most people aren't very accurate for 800 yards, much less a mile. And that's with a rifle. Some dindu with a knife isn't gonna see you for a mile.
>>
>>29267646
>But open carry feels like an advertisement that you are the first to go down.

ftfy
>>
>>29268280
>If you're not inna military in active duty there's no reason to open carry.
So ranchers shouldn't carry a side arm or big game guides? You're a fucking idiot you bernie shill.
>>
>>29267646
Just because someone posts in a Manchurian lead flinging forum doesn't mean they're experts.

The point is: Muh rights.
>>
>>29268117
Yeah, and that goes SO WELL got the people who try it against cops...

If you carry a weapon, concealed or otherwise, you NEED additional awareness. Most people don't even understand how easy it Is to keep track of things around then
>>
>>29267646
MUH FREEDOMS basically

I carry every day, I do not open carry because that just would just have the potential to make me a target, in exchange for nothing positive.

I do understand the movement to 'keep it around' but I think that's more of a 'line in the sand' or slippery slope argument; if they take away open carry, what will they take next? something like that.
>>
>>29269777
>in exchange for nothing positive.
Deterrence. Open carriers are attacked much less often than concealed carriers
>>
>>29269804
I'll take my chances with having the element of surprised in the event of being attacked as opposed to them identifying the fact that I'm a thread and planning to take me out as their 'first move'.

Think of it this way; you're a mugger, you're going to attack the next person that comes into your alley.

You'll jump out in front of one guy and wave your knife around, if that same man has a gun on his hip, you'd be wise to wait until he walks by and then stab him from the back; I do not want to give anyone that benefit of planning if they wish to harm me.
>>
>>29269835
>until he walks by and then stab him from the back
Do you not know what situational awareness is?

How about instead of jacking off to your open carrier snuff fantasy, you consider that criminals are criminals because it's easy, and they'd rather avoid a hard target if they can and wait for the next couple of tweens with their faces stuck in their iphones?

Besides, people open carry places besides abandoned alleyways full of cunning murderhobos
>>
>if you OC they'll just shoot you first or take your gun!

....or go to the next shop to rob, a place without a guy OCing in it.

Do you know how many robberies are committed with unloaded guns? Most robbers don't plan on murdering people. They want to get high, not spend the next few months hiding from cops/FBI.

How many OCers have been shot right before a robbery? I mean with how quick anti-gun people spew hatred at OC and how they ALWAYS bring up being targeted first, it must happen all the time right?

>nobody likes loudmouth autists on youtube, I really hope that's not what we're discussing here
>>
>>29269881
you know criminals like to steal guns right?

walking around with a gun in plain sight in a bad neighborhood is just as stupid as putting one of those "I don't call 911" placards on your house; it's a "Free Shit Here" sign to any aspiring crook.

I cannot maintain full situational awareness at all times, neither could you. Nor should you bank on your ability to do so. Avoiding being a target in the first place is always the best bet.

If someone engages an unarmed target, they may withdraw when they realize the target is in fact armed.

If someone chooses to engage an armed target, they go in aware and prepared for that factor, the target is at a disadvantage unless they're actually hiding a grenade under their jacket in addition to the pistol on their hip.

I'm not going to argue with you about if you or everyone should or shouldn't open carry. This is just the reason that I do not open carry, or think open carry is a good idea. I am against it becoming illegal because although it's not something I personally like to do, I do not think it should be banned for people who like to do it.
>>
I do not understand why people say attacker take gun away when carry open?

Do American bear take gun now?
>>
>>29267646

I open carry out of 2nd amendment pride, to raise awareness of our rights

Rest of the time I CC
>>
OCing is like walking around with your dick hangout out of your pants, at first most people will be like "oh shit that guys' dick is hanging out of his pants, better give him a wide berth", but the drawback is you kind of lose any "oomph" the act of whipping your dick out has since it's already there for all to see, it's not going to surprise anyone who sees you coming unless you poke em in the back with it while they were looking the other way in which case you're probably doing something illegal in the first place. And the final problem is some other dudes might be like; hey, that motherfucker's walking around with his dick out, let's get him
>>
>grow up in smaller town where OC is normal
>hunters with rifles, men and women with pistols
>nobody cares, sometimes you'll hear "nice gun" when standing in line
>years later
>go on /k/
>threads full of penis jokes and mall operators telling me that people ONLY OC to make obnoxious political statements and to freak out soccer moms
>"anyone who OCs is shot on sight because real life is GTA and that shit happens"

Concealed or not, people who carry guns generally aren't messed with. You guys are as bad as the liberals concerning no-license CC:
>"if we just let everyone carry there will be bloodbaths in the street!!"

Hating on OC seems like the nuwave gungrabber tactic of shaming gun owners. Calling us pussy, etc.
>>
>>29267699
Tactically, you open carry to draw fire and attention; you conceal to avoid it.

Now why would a man expecting no incident or at worst self-defense want to draw fire/attention?
>>
>>29267646
Everyone here is so fucking dumb.
The point of OPEN CARRY is so you can walk around without having to keep it concealed in a vehicle or kept in a carry case.
Keeping it on you for defense is just an option.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.