[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /k/ hate the ACR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: acr.jpg (40 KB, 700x249) Image search: [Google]
acr.jpg
40 KB, 700x249
Why does /k/ hate the ACR?
>>
/k/ hates everything, this board is basically /mu/ now

But with that said, the ACR was a sweet concept but they have failed to deliver on their promises, the quality control is shit, it's overpriced and isn't particularly great. Allegedly you can't even get replacement stocks, and users have had to nigger rig airsoft parts to replace ruined furniture.
>>
File: IMG_0759.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0759.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
>>29259430
When your parent company is fucking Cerberus, you aren't going to be focusing on quality

/k/ hates the ACR because it had potential and got wasted when Magpul sold the rights to Bushmaster.
>>
>>29259540
Cerberus has a long ways to go if they think they're gonna save us from the Reapers.
>>
>>29259540
>/k/ hates the ACR because it had potential and got wasted when Magpul sold the rights to Bushmaster.
Basically this.

It's a good design that got ruined by the company who bought it. We were promised caliber conversions that never happened. We were promised a huge aftermarket that never happened. The stock had issues with breaking and now are becoming incredibly difficult to find for people who do own them becuase the gun has now support.

I would have better luck finding replacement parts for my FS2000 than a ACR.

We hate it because it could have been awesome -a true competitor to the SCAR16-, but instead we got shit. I'm just hoping the MSBS doesn't go down the same road.
>>
is it bad that I always though the scar and acr were one and the same??
>>
>>29259585
Yes.

They look nothing alike.
>>
>One of the first guns with quick caliber conversions, but never produced the coversion kits for
>Inaccurate pencil-barrel that overheated like a motherfucker
>Flimsy plastic stock that constantly broke at the hinges
>Freedom Group """"quality"""" control
It's a neat rifle with a lot of wasted potential. Hopefully with the Radom MSBS and Desert Tech MDR coming out, those (like me) who were disappointed by this rifle will get something better.
>>
>>29259570
>I'm just hoping the MSBS doesn't go down the same road.

You and me both. I'm saving my bullpup cherry for that thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4912x2760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4912x2760
>>29259570
>>29259540
>>29259474

These lads basically hit the nail on the head. I don't even shoot mine anymore because of the atrocious aftermarket and OEM support. Its sad because I fucking love this thing from a design standpoint with regards to aesthetics and functionality.
>>
>>29259663
>I'm saving my bullpup cherry for that thing.
You might want to hold your breath. If the Polish army doesn't adopt it, MSBS said they have no plans on producing bullpup stocks for the civilian market.

If the Polish Army does, then there's hope.
>>
>>29259667
It is a really sexy gun. I love the look of the ACR. I really, really wanted one, had my sights set on one before I got my license (Canadafaggotry) but after reading so many negative reviews it just wasn't worth the risk.
>>
>>29259698
Well fuck. I hope it happens. I don't want to have to settle on a Tavor.
>>
>>29259667
Sounds like the patent needs to be sold so a decent company can get this guy up and running
>>
>>29259430

Front heavy compared to the AR or SCAR. Years later, none of the promised barrels have arrived. Over priced for what it is. Folding stock is very weak and flimsy compared to most others.
>>
>>29259430
How about you buy one and find out?
>>
>>29259749
Don't let the Jews fuck you in the ass with their heavy clunky Steyr AUG knock off.

If your going to to go bullpup, go with one that was OG and has been battle proven and time tested by soldiers and mercenaries, not conscripts and civilians.
>>
>>29260199
oh please, the Tavor is a solid rifle.
>>
>>29259430
Remshit.
>>
>>29259430
Every time I've handled an ACR I found the balance to be horrible and the weight to be excessive. They seem like extremely nice guns but It weighs more than my heavy barreled AR15 with a scope and a full magazine while totally empty without an optic.
>>
>>29259430
You mean the Masada?
>>
Sooo. Do you guys thing domestic Beryls and MSBS will be a thing soon?
>>
>>29260583
>gas in your face
>shitty mag release
>inaccurate
>even worse trigger
It's not solid, it's an overhyped rifle.
>>
File: _DSC2718.jpg (3 MB, 4912x2760) Image search: [Google]
_DSC2718.jpg
3 MB, 4912x2760
>>29259722
>>29259902

As others have posted, it's not the lightest rifle by a long shot, and with the lack of parts for it, its main selling feature is kinda moot. I still think its one of the sexiest rifles I own and I'm keeping the borderline useless bitch until I die
>>
>>29261065
It definitely not aug tier.
I want one, but only if i can get it full auto. I lack funding.
>>
File: XL.jpg (321 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
XL.jpg
321 KB, 1024x576
>>29259430
I dont dislike all of the ACR.
>>
>>29261065
It's decent as a rifle and good for a bullpup (can actually use STANAGs without losing features like BHO). Many of its shortcomings (trigger, mag release) have been fixed in the X95. Not sure about the gas issue, however.

>innacurate
Now you're just trolling.
>>
>>29261573
Isn't a full auto tavor impossible to aquire legally?
>>
>>29261640
A fully transferable one is.

If you have the money to blow and become a Class 7/SOT 2 dealer, then the sky is your limit.
>>
>>29261065
>Gas in face
Never had this problem.
>Shitty mag release
Never had a problem with the mag release.
>Inaccurate
Compared to a good AR. 2 MOA with shit ammo isn't bad.
>Worse trigger
Can be improved by removing a spring, or there's aftermarket triggers.

Overhyped, yes. Still a solid rifle.
>>
>muh 2010 keks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.