[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suddenly came into 6 figures of disposable income. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
I suddenly came into 6 figures of disposable income. I've been flirting with the idea of extreme long range shooting for a few years now and now I have the financial means to do it.

What is the absolute best rifle I can get for this task? I want to be able to engage man sized targets at 2 km. Money is prettymuch no factor here, and I'm fine with boutique calibers like .408 chaytac, .416 barrett, 6.5 creedmoor, .338 lapua mag and so on...
>>
>>29257551
.338 Lapua is pretty popular for long range.
I'd suggest looking into .30-378 Weatherby or any of the Weatherby magnums, really.
>>
File: NORGE.jpg (31 KB, 600x351) Image search: [Google]
NORGE.jpg
31 KB, 600x351
>>29257551
Blaser R8 in .338 lapua with a suppressor
>>
File: 1416548235734.jpg (195 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1416548235734.jpg
195 KB, 1024x768
>>29257551
look into 6.5-300 Weatherby. Get set to reload and enjoy the show.
>>
>>29257551
>suddenly came into 6 figures of disposable income

Any advice for us peasants?
>>
File: Boris-the-waterslider.gif (2 MB, 308x214) Image search: [Google]
Boris-the-waterslider.gif
2 MB, 308x214
>>29257551
>suddenly came into 6 figures
>>29258572
Inheritance..
>>
>>29257551
>this fucking thread again
posting this every week?
>>
File: teenage Jello.jpg (18 KB, 470x430) Image search: [Google]
teenage Jello.jpg
18 KB, 470x430
>>29258608
>>29258608
>posting this every week
You were saying...
>>
>>29258592
Sorry for your loss...
>>
>>29257551
Sako TRG-42 in .338 Lapua

>>29257580
Not just popular but the best round for this particular purpose
>>
>>29257551
There's something to be said for some of the newer (relatively speaking) calibers like .408 CheyTac or .416 Barrett but I'm old-school and I'm still a fan of the .50BMG. I like the greater availability and wider selection of ammunition and being able to de-link some Ma Deuce ammo to shoot in an emergency situation. It's a well proven round with confirmed combat sniper kills beyond the range you're talking about, although the furthest I've ever taken one is 1900 meters.

If you decide on that caliber, I'd recommend a McMillan action, hands down. Get the single shot, not the repeater which accepts a detachable magazine. The action of the single shot is stronger without that great bit cutout for the magazine. I like the right hand bolt with left hand eject, but that's personal preference. Their Big Mac stock is decent.

Lilja makes great match barrels but there are also a lot of other great choices out there for a barrel. Put a good muzzle brake on it, not some relatively cheap piece of shit. Or a suppressor, those are always nice to have, but in this case it'll also make a damn long weapon even longer.

Don't touch any scope that retails for less than $1000 USD for that kind of work. I think the Leupold Mark 4 series of scopes (the original fixed power ones, not the newer variables) give you the best bang for the buck, dollar for dollar for what you're spending. However if price is no concern as you say, you can get slightly better optics if you're willing to go up into the multi-thousands of dollar price range for scopes. If you go with the Leupold I'd recommend the 16x for that kind of distance, but you'll be able see your pulse in the crosshairs, not just your breathing and that can take some time for some people to get accustomed to.

You're going to need a tapered scope base, and don't skimp on rings. Expect to pay over $200 USD for your scope mounts. I haven't priced them in years, so might be over $300 by now.

Get a good trigger too.
>>
>>29257551
Hey, if you're that guy from the other thread, I have a story for you.

I'm 19. I don't really have any dreams. I don't really particularly wanna do much other than drugs, video games, and shooting. For a one time payment of $100,000 you could make this happen. How often do you get this opportunity to change someone's life so drastically? You could go through your whole lif e and never see another chance to do something like this. Thank you for considering my plight, if you're interested, my 4chan junk email is [email protected]
>>
>>29261532
fuck this guy. God damn scum of the earth. Do something meaningful to give back to society or contribute at least in some way.
>>
>>29257611
is that THLR?
>>
Get a surgeon action. Lijla barrels are breddy good. Schmidt and bender scope chassis of your choice. You are oretty much gold at that point.
>>
>>29261532
>inb4 taking the bait
McFucking kill yourself.
>>
>>29261532
Fuck this kid, kay. Buy yourself some nice guns and no gibs to others. Your family would rather you be happy with it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.