[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice needed:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: 37€.jpg (277 KB, 1560x852) Image search: [Google]
37€.jpg
277 KB, 1560x852
Good day /k/ommandos. I've been lurking for a while now but still fairly new here, so I'll try my best not to shitpost.

I'm going to buy the Gorka 4 Uniform soon because it looks awesome + I could wear it in civil. I would like you guy's opinion/advice about this choice.
I also have a couple of questions like:

>Does is keeps you (semi)-warm in an environment at 0°c (32°F) (-241,15°K) ?

>Does this Vest/backpack combo fits the suit?

>Is it manageable in a middle European summer?

>What other gear does this outfit suits?

>(most importantly) can you convince me not to buy it?

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 135€.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
135€.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>29256852
>>
>>29256852
It's basically like wearing a military track suit.
>>
>>29256852
>>Does is keeps you (semi)-warm in an environment at 0°c (32°F) (-241,15°K) ?
dpends on what you wear under it
>>Does this Vest/backpack combo fits the suit?
>fit
go to /fa/ for that shit, it's just a windproof suit
>>Is it manageable in a middle European summer?
It starts getting shitty when it start to get t-shirt weather.
>>What other gear does this outfit suits?
>fit
there is that word again >>>/fa/
>>(most importantly) can you convince me not to buy it?
I don't give a shit either way.
>>
>>29257041
Why respond if you have nothing constructive to say?
>>
>>29257077
Why make a thread in the first place?
>>
>>29257099
This . There's a reason the containment thread exists:
>>29242519
>>
>>29257125
hell even
>>29222476
>>29251270
>>
>>29257125
>>29257166
Tactical clothing thread? Yes please!

So, OP, first things first:

There's no reason this russian vest/rucksack combo, or any other combo for that matter, shouldn't fit that gorka.
That gorka is essentially a thick cotton canvas anorak.
It will keep you warm on its own, but not at 0°C.
It will also keep you far too warm in european Summer.
It will block wind almost entirely and work pretty well in dry climate and deep winter (you know, the kind we don't get in middle europe any more).
It will NOT work well in the rain, unless you find a heated shelter every evening to dry it (even then, it's not that good).
It can also be removed (say, to adjust the layers beneath) only by pulling it over your head, which may be something you wouldn't like.

If you want robust all-around outerwear for european autumn, winter and spring, I propose something in polycotton or nyco. Remember this will not keep you from rain, so you need a poncho or hardshell in addition. If you want more rain resistance but less durability, you can go for a softshell or even hardshell.

I'm considering to buy something like this
https://www.wemaonline.de/elutex-bundeswehr-parka.html
a olive bw parka in polycotton.

Godspeed middle european brother and may your gear help you to remove kebab.
>>
File: notmyLEBENSRAUM.oot.jpg (69 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
notmyLEBENSRAUM.oot.jpg
69 KB, 600x337
>>29257867
Many thanks for the detailed answer my firend.

Thats funny, I actually used this parker for the last 1.5 years almost.

It was absolutely gorgeous but the only problem for me was that [spoiler] I was growing too tall (1.97m) [/spoiler] and I totally wrecked it after a rainy day by putting it a bit to close to the chimney.

They used to be way more expensive.
>>
>>29256852
Why buy gorka 4 when you can by gorka 5?
I'm very happy with mine
>>
>>29256852
Also make sure its not made by any shitty company like Viking or Berkut. I highly recomend SSO's Gorka or from Kamuflage.ru
>>
>>29256852
I've been wearing Gorka's for years for walking/hiking trips. The suit deisgned to be wind-proof and mostly(!) waterproof. However, it doesn't include lots of insulating layers like many modern outdoor wears, its quite simple actually.

It will save you from windchill and is surprisingly warm, but remember that it is basically an oversuit, designed to be worn over clothes. Testament to this is that some Gorka's are designed without pants pockets, instead just having holes so you can use your regular pants pockets.

>does x fit the gorka
Gorka basically goes with anything.

>manageable in Europoor summer
The top bit might get a little heavy and clammy in hot summer, though from experience the pants are extremely comfortable and hard-wearing in any season.

>other gear?
Check pictures of Russian military, they love the Gorka. Combine with basically any LBV, goes with any camo pattern, helmets, beanies, kneepads, whatever you add

>
Gorka's are an excellent purchase, make sure you get the right size though or it'll hang off you like a cocktail dress.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (391 KB, 596x690) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
391 KB, 596x690
>>29259928
>Gorka's are an excellent purchase, make sure you get the right size though or it'll hang off you like a cocktail dress.

Well, I'm ~6 cm (2.3in) above maximum height, will this be a problem?
>>
File: dxnMD.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dxnMD.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>29258928
>>29258909
>>
>>29256852
You seem to have messed up there, friend. 0°C is 273.15 K. Also, degrees aren't used when you're talking about kelvin. It's simply 273.15 Kelvin.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.