[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military bags for daily use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: 2391-2.jpg (140 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2391-2.jpg
140 KB, 500x500
I am thinking of getting a bag like pic related for daily use, would this (or military bags in general) work well for a day bag? Or would it look like shit? If so, is there a better military bag i could be getting?
>>
>>29254345
Those assault packs (your pic) aren't very useful for day to day civilian stuff imho.

They're also ugly as shit.
>>
>>29254345
You will look like a wannabe or a tryhard. The storage is nice but a normal backpack works better and you dont look like a faggot.

>I had a supervisor at a previous job who was like a 50 year old kommando. He bought us assault packs along with leatherman OHT's and 5.11 uniforms. We were parking deck security.
>>
there is never a time where UCP doesn't look like shit

unless you're sitting on a floral couch
>>
File: medium-ruck-side.jpg (124 KB, 1024x721) Image search: [Google]
medium-ruck-side.jpg
124 KB, 1024x721
Go for an US Army assault ruck. Very fucking comfortable to wear thanks to the frame and waistband. Great amount of storage as well.
>>
The assault bag is pretty awesome in the field because you can carry a bunch of stuff. I carry SAW ammo, natteroes, extra gloves and eyepro, cleaning kit, hygiene kit, extra water, woobie, smokers jacket, MRE, compass, my rhino mount and j arm (if I'm using pvs14's) and still have room for other peoples shit like their pusspads and snivel gear.

But for civilians that just looks dumb if youre not taking it hiking. Also you will draw attentiom because that is issued gear and it will either be stolen or piss a soldier off.
>>
>>29254443
Actually, it looks dumb if you are taking a hike as a civilian using a camo pack. I use one to commute on a motorcycle and it is pretty good for that role because of the adjustable straps and molle gear to add a extra pouch if I need just a bit of extra space.

>Also you will draw attentiom because that is issued gear and it will either be stolen or piss a soldier off.
You are an idiot for saying this, surplus is everywhere and and any military guy getting mad over someone using a surplus pack is motarded.
>>
>>29254655
truth is most soldiers won't get pissed, only the attention whore tapout shirt wearing fags.

most soldiers will think you look like a fucking idiot who's trying way too hard to get off on your military fetish.

ucp looks hideous anyways, why would you carry that shit, just find a normal jansport and don't look like an autist

t. former infantryman
>>
F
>>
>>29254361
My experience with the Marine assault pack is
>small
>heavy
>no organization (it's literally two big pouches)
>insanely durable tho

I only bought it because it was 18 dollars. If you aren't a poorfag just buy a civilian backpack. They're tailored for civilian needs.
>>
>>29254345
Civilian rucks are much better for EDC. Spend a little more and you may actually be able to keep your stuff organized.
>>
>>29254345
LAPG, 3 day assault pack. http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

It's basically a copy of Spec ops, T.H.E. pack. Have mine for a year now, still doing ok, cheap and easy to replace if needed. Only thing I don't like is the zippers, they are very plasticky and if you don't flare out the cloth that covers them, very difficult to use. Also not waterproof.
>>
>>29255952
At least the Marine assault pack it doesn't look gay as fuck.
>>
>>29256087
Disagree. When I see young Marines in civilian clothes and an assault pack, I throw up all over them. Marines have no taste. But, hey that's just the opinion of a guy that got his DD-214 yesterday.
>>
>>29254443
You get peevee ess 14s?!?!? AWESOME!1!1!1!1;)
>>
File: 1450648135414.jpg (133 KB, 1234x878) Image search: [Google]
1450648135414.jpg
133 KB, 1234x878
>>29254756
>most soldiers will think
>t. former infantryman
As a former Infantry Marine I don't give a fuck what a soldier thinks.
>>
You'll look like a community college student using the GIB. pair with tan boots and a shitty beard for maximum effect
>>
File: img20160308_140420.jpg (1 MB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
img20160308_140420.jpg
1 MB, 1494x2656
>>29254345
Use my old issued bag for school. Works nicely, especially when I commuted with a motorcycle and had to stuff all my gym things in their.
>>
Every bit of kit I've ever been issued in the military is COMPLETE GARBAGE compared to what you can buy civvy side.

Why would you want to carry an overweight uncomfortable military bag when you can buy one at a proper outdoor store that will be better in every way except for rough handling (protip: just don't handle your shit like you're trying to break it).
>>
File: assault pack and SADF rig.jpg (297 KB, 778x1382) Image search: [Google]
assault pack and SADF rig.jpg
297 KB, 778x1382
>>29254345
it looks like shit, but it's a damn nice bag.

I have one of those assault packs.
>>
File: 2016-03-14 11.42.04.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14 11.42.04.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
Highly recommend the machete as well, makes it a great pack.
>>
File: patch.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
patch.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>29254345
I bought a bag (admittedly from Northface) that accommodates a tablet, books, and my glock. I put Velcro on it and attached a patch with the Northface half swirl reading, "Hey Fuckface."
>>
>>29254345
That particular one no
>also UCP

Some other militaries either currently have or in the past have had pretty nice bags.

One of my favorite day-to-day bags is an old Swiss navy document satchel, it's a steel grey felt that at one point had the Swiss cross painted on it (that faded off), looks a lot like a commercial messenger bag but it's actually waterproof and was $3 on Sportsman's Guide. It also smelled like cheese when I got it.
>>
>>29256106
yeah well boots gonna boot.
>>
>>29254409
Meduimruck/10
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.