[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First AR Build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: img65.jpg (98 KB, 1600x770) Image search: [Google]
img65.jpg
98 KB, 1600x770
I'm 18 and in Chicago and I'm finally building my first AR. I'm buying a stripped lower tomorrow and want advice on a good trigger assembly or other parts, as well as other good advice.

pic related, I'm buying an Aero Precision complete upper
>>
Hardest part is the trigger installation and the pins you have to punch into place. Get a timany drop in trigger. It's a good trigger and will keep you from ripping out a little bit of your hair too.
>>
>>29253214
You can't buy a stripped lower at 18, you have to be 21.

Sorry, OP.
>>
>>29254269
This. Get a parent to do the transfer for you.
>>
>>29254269
truth, because it can be turned into an SBR or a pistol rifle thing

buy a prebuilt one. There are tons of cheap prebuilt relatively good ones out there online, that don't require you to be 21. Seen a couple sub 1k ones too.
>>
>>29254330
>because it can be turned into an SBR or a pistol rifle thing

That actually has nothing to do with why he can't. 18 year olds can only buy rifles and shotguns, a stripped lower qualifies as a "firearm" You have to be 21 to buy "Firearms"
>>
>>29253214
Buy a S&W Sport II or Ruger AR 556 unless you can get a parent to do a transfer
>>
>>29254269
I live in Illinois so I cant buy a complete lower, or any gun at all, until im 21. I'm having a friend buy it for me
>inb4 thats illegal

>>29254314
I cant get a parent to transfer it to me because my family is anti-gun and in IL we need FOID cards to buy guns, which none of them have

>>29254340
yep
>>
>>29254340
That's always the reason I've heard, didn't know it didn't have anything to do with that. although that might be a secondary reason, but yeah yours makes more sense
>>
>>29254462
Yeah Illinois has some shitty ass gun laws. No guns at all until you're 21. And after you've applied for a FOID card. And then you have to register them. And you have to register and background check private gun sales. And theres no NFA items allowed.
>>
>>29254488
fuck man I feel your pain. I live in FL currently but I'm going back to CT after school, and I'm not looking forward to having to have an ammo card, a long gun permit AND a pistol permit. I'm living it up down here while I can. Just went to the range today and rented a Glock 23 and put 100 rounds through it. fun day
>>
>>29254514
I envy my friends who live in gun friendly states. I wish i could just turn 18 and go buy a gun
>>
>>29254530
its really nice. Looking to buy an SP2022 next month for my 21st. excited as all fuck

get the fuck out of IL when you can
>>
>>29253214
I enjoy my PSA trigger. Just get a standard PSA lower build kit with the furniture you want. Upgrade later
>>
>>29254736
Im looking for something kinda light
>>
AZ /k/ommando here just smirking at your gun hating state laws
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.