[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the army a good branch to join?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Is the army a good branch to join?
>>
>>29251395
None if the branches are good we're all shit but army is aight
>>
So easy a caveman could do it.
Like the Marines, but easier.
Comes with easy Velcro uniforms.
>>
>>29251422
desu senpai I'd wear boots that velcro
>>
>>29251422
Pretty much this.
>>
>>29251479
Everything is Velcro, even rank.
>>
>>29251503
This is handy for ripping off your squad leaders stripes and quickly slapping them on yourself, and yelling at that cocksucker to drop
>>
File: Marine.jpg (44 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Marine.jpg
44 KB, 480x640
lol...
>>
File: 5880705438_a145d906d4_b[1].jpg (435 KB, 941x627) Image search: [Google]
5880705438_a145d906d4_b[1].jpg
435 KB, 941x627
>>29251395
That absolutely depends on your MOS. Not enough people really recognize how being a 13F is an entirely different experience than being a 74D. "I'm in the Army" is a phrase that explains nothing about what someone does on a daily basis.
>>
>>29251395
It's probably a fuckload better now that the gray digishit is no longer issued.
>>
File: rangersold.jpg (28 KB, 299x516) Image search: [Google]
rangersold.jpg
28 KB, 299x516
>>
File: RangerNew.jpg (102 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
RangerNew.jpg
102 KB, 600x800
>>
It depends on what you want to do. The Army has a great variety of options.
>>
Army doesn't issue ACU to privates anymore. Its being phased out rapidly.
>>
Alright /k/, so I'm going to enlist next week. This is the conclusion of multiple months of trying to enlist (originally was going navy nuke, wanted to use welding experience.) However I failed hearing test at meps, doc assured I would get waiver. Was kicked out of Navy office minutes later. Tried army later, waiver denied. What I didn't know was that tons of kids failed their hearing test that day, and that the waiver authority wasn't accepting waivers of any kind.

So my recruiter came back a couple of weeks ago and says I can get a hearing consultant, pass test with only two numbers being high, but still passing. Wasn't accepted but I still fucking passed the test at meps, even better (wore plugs, work in a shop.) Even then, the waiver authority kept me dq'd and made me take a hearing waiver.

So the question is, can I do anything about it, and if not, what jobs would I qualify for? I qualified for all jobs through asvab.

Totally jacked your thread op but I need this answered.
>>
>>29253116
Lol this guy again

You're fuuuuuuuuuuucked
>>
>>29253145
Mind clarifying on how I'll be fucked? I already know I'm gonna be fucked, just tell me how it will happen.
>>
>>29253116
Could always try joining the USCG. Just don't mention the hearing test shenanigans. The less you have to explain the better,
>>
>>29251565
what would happen if you did this
>>
Anyone got info on Infantry Officer life?
>>
Nah, it's like the third worst.
>>
If you want the real army experience. Wait till a war is declared then find a combat arms MOS abd go do some gangster shit. Otherwise dont become an alcoholic in combat arms during peace time.
>>
>>29251395

Join the Navy or the Airforce. The standard of living is WAAAAAY higher.

True story, stationed at Fort Stewart. There was a detachment of Airmen there. They got paid EXTRA money because they were living in substandard barracks by Airforce standards. The same barracks that soldiers lived in and got nothing. The barracks were fine by Army standards, the Airmen got more pay for their hardship.

The absolute best posts a soldier can be assigned to are Navy or Airforce bases. Their bases are better.

Join the Navy or the best of all branches, Airforce.
>>
>>29255110
Well, for starters, id probably actually hospitalize myself from laughing too hard.

And then youd be hospitalized yourself from your CO breaking every one of your fingers.

We would be hospital buddies.
>>
Jesus join the air force not the army, pls anon pls for your own sake
>>
File: 1457925439664.jpg (228 KB, 765x800) Image search: [Google]
1457925439664.jpg
228 KB, 765x800
>>29252496
I need a better qaulity of that because his head looks fucking silly
>>
>>29257225
Can confirm this is true, was in the navy at goose creek temporarily and some airmen were in our barracks and got hardship pay cause the standard was below theirs.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.