[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up /k/ommandos. I just got out of the navy after 4 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (651 KB, 2000x1328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
651 KB, 2000x1328
Whats up /k/ommandos. I just got out of the navy after 4 years of being a SWO and have no fucking clue what I wanna do next. Any suggestions? Also what did you do when you got out
>>
Use your G.I bill and get an education in something you are vaguely good at, proceed to get a job in that field or take the other common choice of suicide.
>>
>>29249540
Maritime Security. Also how was being a SWO? Are the horror stories all true?
>>
>>29249960
Mostly yeah, the SWO stab is real. Most of my collegues were always sceaming against each other to look good in the boards while simultaneously trying to make everyone else look bad. Also there was a fair amount of cheating but that goes with the territory. Being O side is pretty good since you don't have to do the dirty work yourself but it's stressful as hell, especially when you have one or two absolute shitbags in your division that you're accountable for.
>>
>>29250178
Sounds like a pain in the ass. Good luck finding a job partner.
>>
you were an SWO? how was it? im applying to it via ocs. i kind of hope i dont get in and can try for NFO but fuck it
you pick your boat?
>>
Did you Captain a ship?
>>
>>29249540
If you could do it all over again, would you stick with SWO, or go another way?
>>
>>29249540
Go to the USCG get your sea time credited, get your Third Mate license and sail for Military Sealift Command. Make great money doing a far easier job than you had. Or the Merchant Marine in general if you're interested in going back to sea. If you want a few years off first, SUNY and maybe Texas offer master's programs with license options.
>>
>>29249540
I don't know what the fuck people do off the dock but plenty of your types come to the oil field as location bosses or automation techs and make 80-110 k per year. Granted that was when unleaded was $3 a gallon but hey that's a start.
>>
>>29249540
Impressive

Being a US Officer is a gift from the heavens. I have a friend in New York who will be able to help you. He is a Chinese immigrant who can help you get money in exchange for some information. Keep in mind this is not illegal or against moral code it is simply a money making event.
>>
>>29252947
After 4 years? Is that a serious question?
>>
how often was there sexing between members underwhey?
>>
>>29249540

Was in for 2 years, 1 as a gappy the other as an ET, from 2008 to 2010.

Have been in IT ever since
>>
>>29255584
how's the working environment for IT's?
I'm dying to gtfo deck div and see what other worlds are out there before i even consider going back to civ div.
>>
>>29252139
It was a good experience, glad I did it but it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life
>>
>>29252139
And yes, I did NROTC where we were ranked nationally from 1 to 300 and the lower your number the better your chance was of getting the ship of your choice
>>
>>29252947
No I got out an LT (O-3)
>>
>>29255570
It happens underway, enlisted would fuck like bunnies but the officers not so much. Thats not to say it didn't happen at all though
>>
go to grad school you retard

>got out as an O3, in grad school, 6 figure job offer
>>
>>29255584
You were only in the navy 2 years? How'd you pull that off?
>>
>>29255495
How long does it normally take? You could definitely be a Company Commander after 4 years
>>
>>29258632
Youre thinking marines (or possibly army). The equivelent to a Co. Commander in the Navy is usually a department head which is an O-3. The captain of a ship is usually either an O-5 or O-6 with 15-20 years experience.
>>
>>29253536
>>29253536
Well I originally wanted EOD but didn't get picked up for it out of college, SWO was my second choice. SWO is a respectable community though, it's classic navy. Like I said its really stressful and there's a fair amount of backstabbing but it was alright on the whole.
>>
File: IMG_20151201_172432.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151201_172432.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
become a blacksmith

make useful and amazing shit
>>
>>29249540
So, you're good at reading manuals, dealing with shitty people, and working odd shifts with little sleep...

looks like med school for you, buddy.
>>
>>29259366
You wanted EOD before SWO?
That makes no sense, all EOD positions I can think of are enlisted.
>>
File: IMG_0301.jpg (974 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0301.jpg
974 KB, 1920x1280
>>29249540
You are me except i did 6 years. Go into a trade school or technical college. I'm going for a bunch of IT certs. I thought of trying to get an MBA but i realized i'm not very ambitious.
>>
>>29257883
>>29257893
nice
backstabbing? how so just shittalking and shit like that?
are you expected to make 0-3 by the 4th year? i remember reading making O-4 takes like 5ever
i tihnk i'd just do my four years and see what happens
>>
>>29263851
O-3 is automatic on the 4th year if you are not a fuckup
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.