[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I've got a question. I was diagnosed with depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1456713994857.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1456713994857.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
Hey /k/, I've got a question.
I was diagnosed with depression at the age of 8.
Then, when I was around 10, my school thought it would be a good idea to send me to a mental hospital.
Long story short, I wanna join the military and also buy a gun. What are my chances?
>>
Assuming US, it's all dependent on what you want to do, who knows about your past, and if you tell them.

The biggest question though is if all that applies now. Are you still taking pills/seeing a psychologist? If not, when did it stop?

Keep min mind some military jobs have extensive background checks, including interviews with people who know you- is this common knowledge about you?
>>
Why not create your own military instead?
>>
File: geeze.png (4 KB, 157x163) Image search: [Google]
geeze.png
4 KB, 157x163
>>29249286
>Then, when I was around 10, my school thought it would be a good idea to send me to a mental hospital.
And, why did they do that anon?
>>
how the hell can an 8 year old be depressed? depressed about what?
>>
>>29249471
welcome to modern psychiatry.
>>
>>29249332
Just wanting to serve 2-4 years as 11b.
I saw a psychologist for 2 months and then quit on my own accord.
>>29249471
>>29249461
Nothing actually. Mom was one of those people who took everything she was spoonfed happily.
It was more of I didn't talk to anyone so they assumed I was depressed. Same with the hospital.
>>
>>29249461
This.

I feel really bad for the future generations.

I'm only 20, and even I never had anyone even consider doing that.
>>
>>29249554
>I was silent in school.
>Therefore I was depressed

See if you can sue them.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/medical-malpractice-misdiagnosis-delayed-diagnosis-32288.html
>>
>tfw normies try to keep you from owning guns
One day I'll get them back and those normalfucks will see
>>
>>29249564
Not OP.

Lucky you. My mother listened to too much Howard Stern who thinks that everybody should see a shrink. Here I am, 15 years later, having to deal with the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with seeing a shrink as a child.
>>
>>29249600
I seriously can't even put myself in that mindset.

Like, if you honestly believed your child had a mental illness, that's one thing.

But if you did, shouldn't you at least fucking talk to them?

Do a little basic research?

I am forced to conclude that you should disown your mother.
>>
>>29249286
You are fine for guns in some states as they only look at state records for mental health and criminal stuff.

Amending your records is also an option as long as you can prove competence to manage your affairs and show you're not a danger.

As far as the military its a gray area, it may not show up on your records (my childhood "depression" didn't") and if it does it could be waived.
If you did lose gun rights getting them back would probably help you get an enlistment waiver.

Hope that helps.
>>
File: Can We Fix It No It's Fucked.jpg (14 KB, 391x366) Image search: [Google]
Can We Fix It No It's Fucked.jpg
14 KB, 391x366
>>29249654
>But if you did, shouldn't you at least fucking talk to them?

Heaven forbid someone actually raise their own child!

That's the state's job!
>>
>>29249677
>How dare they ruin their childs future with ignorance!
>>
>>29249654
Psychiatry is mostly nonsense and it's used to "treat" behavioral problems caused by living in a fucked up poisonous environment.

The doctors don't have any real understanding of how the illnesses or medications work, have no way of testing for illnesses beyond guesswork, and are deeply in the pockets of the pill companies.

Western Psychiatry is so fucking useless that a schizophrenic Somalian living in a dirt hut village has a better chance of recovery than a Western mental patient with a $4000 a month medical bill.
>>
>>29249654
>But if you did, shouldn't you at least fucking talk to them?

>Do a little basic research?

But that would require effort.
>>
Curious bump
>>
>>29249546
>>29249546
>>29249564
>itt: someone's experience is different than mine, and since mine is the DEFINITIVE experience, they must be wrong!
>>
>>29249554
Anon, dont mention it, because they will never ask for it. It did not impact your adult life, and treat medical history like professional history. its fucking history.

Older than 7 years ago? dont include it. If they ask, tell them that you were sent and diagnosed against your wishes, and incorrectly, and that you are more than willing to take any test to verify you are not depressed. A lack of medication for depression for your most recent years will show you to be stable.

Only time you every will be asked is if you go for your top secret, and as an 11b during peacetime, you wont.

Protip: Go in for anything satellite related, get a free education, use your use it or loose it education benefits, and get out making 180K a year or more. Dont be a fucking idiot and take a job with non transferable skills because of "muh youth and need to prove myself or experience "the shit.""

When you are a fully thinking adult you will thank me. Consider the following.

money, and a working back, and a kick ass job, seeing cool shit, with cool people who respect you

or

no money, doing a shit job that wont give you time for college, for long ass hours, with people who do not respect you, and you form a prison bond with your fellow grunt because everything sucks.

I did the latter. be smart. dont be stupid.
>>
>>29249286
What the fuck is with little kids getting "diagnosed" with shit like depression?
Like holy shit guys come on
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.