[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
flamethrower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 148.976.jpg (28 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
148.976.jpg
28 KB, 626x352
hello i really wanna build a mini flamethrower so if you guys have an instruction i would be very pleased about it
>>
>>29245835
Supersoaker+napalm and a Zippo.

Now please fuck off.
>>
>>29245858
>4chan in a nutshell.

>>29245835
http://science.howstuffworks.com/flamethrower.htm

They are used them for farming, but they can be fun too. Kind of get boring quickly.
>>
>>29245835
Pressurized easily ignitable fuel + pilot flame = flamethrower.

Really, a flamethrower is one of the simplest weapons to make.
>>
Backpack pesticide sprayer

Gasoline with small amount of styrofoam melted in it for a little bit plasticifity

And then a flexible jet-lighter, taping to the sprayer nozzle so it ignites the fuel as it is sprayed.
>>
>>29247095
>plasticifity
>>
>>29247095
The styrofoam will jam it up. Just use gasoline or lighter fluid.
90% Isopropyl alcohol also works but burns faster and hotter, so spray out more of it before igniting it
>>
>>29247293
Isopropyl alcohol burns up within a foot and creates a large puff vs. a stream

Ive tried it trust me.

Gasoline is okay by itself but it doesnt make much of stream either.

I used like one handful of styrofoam peanuts per gallon of gas. it helped ait

also dont use a pesticide sprayer with a plastic nozzle. i got burns on my hands after it melted to my skin

>>29247273
Oops forgot the T instead of f
>>
Propane comes out at +/- 120 psi, a hell of a lot more that a super soaker.
Kerosene is a non self oxidizing fuel.
Same with propane.

Compressed air and gasoline do fun things but not so much fun in your hand. Gas likes to melt plastic chemically. Think this through folks. I dont need anymore stupidity base restrictions in my world if I can help it. If not post vids at least.

This has been a common sense public announcement.

Thank you.
>>
File: 1438615249791.jpg (53 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
1438615249791.jpg
53 KB, 515x515
>>29245835
>wants to build flamethrower
>doesn't even possess the basic engineering skills to determine what actually needs to be accomplished
>wants to be spoonfed a complete instruction instead
>tfw OP is going to burn himself to a nice crisp while following random internet tutorials with no tangible technical knowledge
>>
>>29247941
cant tell if you're for or against this.
>>
File: 1444338443630.gif (411 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1444338443630.gif
411 KB, 499x281
>>29248216
neither
it just irks me that OP claims to "really want to build a flamethrower" but ends up putting no effort in it and just asks /k/ to spoonfeed him pretty much everything from start to finish

doesn't seem like he even bothered to read the basic wikipedia page about flamethrowers
else he would ask more questions, and more importantly he would ask questions that are more specific
it shows that he doesn't really have a grasp of the basics, but as long as he can blindly follow some all-in-one instruction manual everything's okay
the thing about flamethrowers is that, who would've guessed it, they spew flammable liquid at high pressure
so going into such a project with no actual knowledge is a surefire way of ending up in the ER with 3rd grade burns covering 40% of your body
>>
>>29247535
So what you're saying is I should use propane instead of compressed air as my propellant to squirt the gas?

Because propane only flamethrowers suck. They're all show, and to be honest they don't even look that cool.
>>
>>29245835
Just buy or rent a standard pressure washer. Put the intake hose into a fuel can, and enjoy.
>>
>>29248407
You got half of it, its a lot to noodle out. Thanks for playing and good luck with the skin grafts.
>>
so what if I made a jet engine from an old turbo ala Colin furze, used a bit of pipe for the exhaust, and found a way to drop gasoline soaked tennis balls in.
turbo flaming tennis ball mortar.
how far do you think you could shoot a tennis ball?
>>
File: blowtorch.jpg (144 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
blowtorch.jpg
144 KB, 1200x800
What about just using a modified blowtorch?
>>
File: ab7.jpg (54 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
ab7.jpg
54 KB, 1280x1024
>>29245835
So ... is this flamethrower for ... self defence purposes?
>>
>>29251272
blow torches use super-heated gas. they are not a flame thrower, as a flame thrower uses an inert gas to project an ignited carrier fuel a greater distance (which requires mass enough to overcome air).
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.