[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my MVP completely fucked? I haven't had a chance to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: mvp-001.jpg (1007 KB, 2000x1481) Image search: [Google]
mvp-001.jpg
1007 KB, 2000x1481
Is my MVP completely fucked?

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but since I bought it I've started to notice a lot of shit I didn't notice in the gun store.

Sights seem to be canted to the right, taking a metal ruler to it, it does indeed seem the rear sight is canted a couple of degrees to the right like the barrel hasn't been torques into place properly.

Pic related.
>>
File: mvp-003.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
mvp-003.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
I turn it over and I see this, something doesn't seem right.
>>
File: mvp-007.jpg (993 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
mvp-007.jpg
993 KB, 2000x1500
A little closer look, seems like it's definitely out of place.
>>
I'm so sorry anon, it's the worst kind of feel.
>>
File: mvp-006.jpg (912 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
mvp-006.jpg
912 KB, 2000x1500
And this is the throat of the barrel inside the action.

Should it be threaded all the way to the end?

Is it going to explode if I try to fire it?
>>
>>29245071

Wow. The workmanship on that gun is crap. How did it pass inspection?

Looks like it wasn't threaded properly/

Buddy of mine ditched his MVP on Armslist for a song. I was with him when he broke the bolt handle off TWICE when working the action.

Never again. He upgraded to a Ruger Scout. That thing is like comparing a tank to a SUV for strength.
>>
Certainly looks off. Does it have warranty?
It should do, where did you get it from?
>>
>>29245105
Swapping it out for something else is a pretty big hassle in my country/state so I'm going to have to try get it fixed.

>>29245106
Yeah it will have warranty. I got it from a local gun store in Australia, a country where you can't buy a gun without providing a "servicability certificate" with each firearm application.

This doesn't look fucking servicable to me.
>>
>>29245114
Only WA has the serviceability certificate.

Thank god. What a fucking waste of money.
>>
>>29245143
Oh of course it's just a WA thing, I should have known.

I don't think they've ever done more than read the serial to determine that it's servicable on any of my guns, they've never cycled the action, or even dry fired them.
>>
>Not noticing such obvious fuck ups before handing over cash

ANON

PLS
>>
>>29245159
You unscrew several bolts and take the action apart before buying a bolt action rifle do you?

The sights are barely boticable, it came with a shitty acope already attached and as such I didn't actually look down them before I bought it.

Kinda ridiculous I know, but I kinda expected the rifle to actually be in functioning order when I purchased it.
>>
>>29245093
So I can only assume that it doesn't need to thread all the way to the end of those threads because the hole on the bottom of the barrel lines up (or rather would if it had been torqued a little more).

But would it actually produce a case rupture in its current state if fired?
>>
That is shitty. Mossberg doesn't have the best rep for quality over here.

How much did that gun set you back over there, just out of curiosity? Looks like they are mid $500s here.
>>
>>29245752
Something like $1100dollarydoos, it came with the shitty little UTG scope combo.
>>
Guns must be one of the only products that cost hundreds and there's usually always something wrong it them, either aesthetically or mechanically.

It's fucking crazy, it's like gun manufacturers don't fucking know how to do things with quality.
>>
OP here, I've also discovered that the front sling swivel is actually canted off to the left as well, I really should have picked up on THAT in the store.
>>
This sucks OP sorry to hear all this. Just got the short barreled MVP in 5.56 and everything turned out great for me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.