[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plastic Weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Cold Steel Plastic Knife.jpg (17 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
Cold Steel Plastic Knife.jpg
17 KB, 500x323
Cold Steel plastic knives? Police batons? Ect...

Will the Cold Steel plastic knives work as well as a regular blade for slicing/stabbing? I'm thinking of using one as a dive knife because they can't rust.

Any other uses for them? Legit defense? Utility? Bypassing metal detectors?

Pic related.
>>
>>29243157
I bought a Cold Steel plastic dagger when I was like 14, you could stab someone with it but it was pretty terrible in general. Only good for passing through a metal detector. Couldn't cut through a damn thing with it.

Just buy a regular diving knife and take care of it.
>>
Plastic? Seriously? Get a titanium knife for diving and stainless for any thing else.
>>
>>29243157
lmao those are literally the daggers from CSGO
>>
>>29243157
Looks like a buttplug

Would probably be disastrous without an armored asshole
>>
Just buy a Spyderco salt model in H1 steel, It will not rust
>>
Have you considered a Glock 7? They're more ceramic than plastic and cost more than most people make in a month, but they don't show up on metal detectors.
>>
>>29243157
I've brought mine on a plane before. Fuck me if I'm going to be defenseless in case of hajis.
>>
>>29243895
Good luck with the backscatter body scanners.
>>
>>29243998
They can't detect things shoved into the anus.
>>
>>29243157
I work courthouse security, these things will pick up on the X-ray for us. It's a 70-30 chance we'll see em.
>>
>>29243157
H1 stainless steel, faggot.
>>
>>29243268
No sir, the ones from csgo are Gerber brand, I collect csgo knives
>>
>>29243157

You stupid fuck plastic knives can't cut for shit.

Not even G10 knives can cut for shit. Maybe butter and that's it.

Vg10, 440c, H1 and Titanium are all good materials for a diving knife.
>>
>>29245421
>70-30 chance we'll see em
So...which is it?
>>
>>29245895
just a guess, but probably 70% that they'll see it
30% chance they wont.
>>
>>29243157

Retarded

'Metal detectors' don't actually look for metal they look for objects dense enough to reflect a silhouette back. Getting busted attempting to sneak a polymer dagger into somewhere that actually uses them is going to get you absolutely fucked because it will look like you are going in with the intention of committing a violent crime.

Also those are like trying to defend yourself with a high pressure pellet gun. It looks enough like a weapon to make the other guy think its a fight to the death but probably won't be able to kill them.
>>
>>29243246
Titanium knives are particularly good. They don't hold an edge very well and are a pain to sharpen. Stainless steel is a better option
>>
>>29243545
>>
File: pro line cutter1.jpg (8 KB, 400x264) Image search: [Google]
pro line cutter1.jpg
8 KB, 400x264
>>29243157

Best thing for a "diving knife" is a set of disposable EMT shears and a line cutter.

You'll never be able to effectively stab anything under water and a push dagger it worthless for anything else.
>>
not for slicing, but they're great for stabbing, especially the push one.
>>
How about bronze
>>
>>29246409
>'Metal detectors' don't actually look for metal they look for objects dense enough to reflect a silhouette back.

That's x-ray machines and those backscatter body scanners and shit. Actual metal detectors work like the ones people use at the beach to find coins and shit; same as the metal detector wands they wave over people at security checkpoints.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.