[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/, I have a simple question. I live in the great state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ak_vs_12.jpg (185 KB, 640x490) Image search: [Google]
ak_vs_12.jpg
185 KB, 640x490
Alright /k/, I have a simple question. I live in the great state of Ohio. I'm 18, recently just bought an AR, and now I'm addicted to buying firearms. I do not really want any other long guns at the moment. Is it legal for me to obtain a handgun whether it be through a "gift" or a private party. And right now I currently own a Sporter Mosin, Mossberg 500 20 Gauge (My first gun). A Rossi 12 Gauge Slug gun, and my New Ruger AR 556. And pic is only board related one I have. So fuck you AK is better.
>>
>>29240757
Last time I was in Ohio, they had google.
>>
Google isn't giving me a straight answer
>>
>>29240757
You forgot the question part kid
>>
google-fu tells me ownership of a handgun under 21 in ohio is prohibited.
>>
>>29240807
Selling or providing a handgun to anyone under 21 is illegal. 1 minute on Google. How was that hard?
>>
>>29240757
>Is it legal for me to obtain a handgun whether it be through a "gift" or a private party
Yes. You may not transfer one into your possession via FFL, but other means are legal.
>>
>>29240835
>>29240813
Just as a concession, OP: no matter how unfair you think the laws are, by the time you turn 22, you're not going to give a shit about the statutes.
>>
are you moved out of your parents home? if so get your dad or relative that's 21+ to buy one for you
>>
shit i meant "if not"
>>
>>29240757
where in ohio anon?
>>
>http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.211
>>
>>29240757
Don't know what laws are like in OH, but no federal law prohibits anyone 18 and up from owning a pistol. Though, you must be 21 and up to buy from an FFL dealer per federal law. Private party and gifting is how one under 21 but over 18 may obtain a pistol. Also, if you plan on carrying, you cannot conceal until 21. It must be in plain sight.
>>
OP here, I just want something to take to the range, and I'm not good with reading law bullshit. I moved out of my Dad's and into my Mom's, but she is not legally allowed to own a firearm. (Has a felony)
>>
>>29242479
You cannot own a firearm in the same house a felon is residing in.
>>
Well that's awkward
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.