[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats /k/s opinion on the NRA? i think theyre a bunch of fudds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Natiional Raifu Association.jpg (72 KB, 470x275) Image search: [Google]
Natiional Raifu Association.jpg
72 KB, 470x275
whats /k/s opinion on the NRA?

i think theyre a bunch of fudds but theyre effective fudds.

also they sent me a pretty cool range bag. if i send them at least 26 bucks theyll send me a tactical back pack
>>
>>29240123
I appreciate greatly what they've done for gun-owners as a whole, but I don't like them. At all. Wayne LaPierre is insane (first link), many (not all, or even most) NRA supporters are equally crazy, and for fuck's sake, I keep getting letters like the second link, which are stupid, inflammatory, and annoying, if for no other reason than unsolicited spam. Basically, I think while they've done a lot of good for us, they also have a terribly common tendency to make gun-owners as a group look real, real, shitty.

https://books.google.com/books?id=3R3JtuTf1iEC&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=How+long+until+a+U.N.-declared+official+day+of+hate+is+celebrated+with+governments+actually+killing+people&source=bl&ots=in08LtJDPe&sig=CJhrv8xWiKAyFco_v4hegw6abiU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio_ruz_s_KAhVCSiYKHVzFCacQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=How long until a U.N.-declared official day of hate is celebrated with governments actually killing people&f=false

- Basically, he says gun owners will have the same thing done to them, as was done to the Jews during WW2.

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM152_110304_nra_mailing.html

>Fuck you, this isn't spam
>Again, not spam
Sorry about the long link, 4chan thinks bitly is spam
>>
>>29240123
Look at their enemies -- up to and including the entire dinosaur media. That right there should make you sign up.
>>
>>29240123

It's run by insane, unbelievably pretentious fudds who blow things way out of proportion.
That being said, they have a really good firearm insurance policy and they fight for our right to party.
>>
>>29240574

Actually fudd was the wrong word but you guys know what I'm saying.
>>
>>29240574
I agree
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjL1aiZoeOA

Related.
>>
>>29240123
They keep import restrictions going to line American manfacturers' pockets, and keep everyone from having to actually innovate to be competitive. Fuck them. I want my $300 Norinco ARs and shit.
>>
What about the Second Amendment Foundation? What are your thoughts on them? I gotta hand it to them, if it weren't for their branch Ladies for the Second Amendment in PR, we wouldn't have constitutional carry
>>
GOA SUPERIOR, NRA INFERIOR.
>>
>>29240123
Wish they were more aggressive for stuff like legalizing machine guns or explosuve destructive devices, so we could make a shitload more money doing gun tourism like Mongolia or Cambodia, or have self funded home guard paramilitaries that add to the defense of the country by paying for all this top of the line gear instead of the taxpayer shelling it out.
>>
>>29240123
/k/ seems to hate them, but they're our most powerful voice in Washington these days.
>>
They're the only reason there's no AWB
>>
>>29240123
Every American gun owner should be a member. The truth is the NRA has done a lot for the gun culture of this country, from safety standards and training, to competitions, to lobbying. Im well aware of their fuddy, even slightly treasonous past and the fact that they are also a business and want profit but just ask yourself this: How many other countries have a national firearms organization that has been active for as long and has as much muscle? I see no reason given whats going on for a gun owner to not set aside at least $60 a year to contribute to the NRA ILA, GOA, Calguns, etc. When you study the progressive/marxist "grassroot" agitation machines (moveon, daily kos, change.org, etc etc) you understand it is vital to back the organizations that are on our side, even if you do not agree with them 100% on every issue. Think of it as a cultural battlefield - you want to have as many forces on your side that fall under a common ideological umbrella despite the petty disagreements.

This is my view as an outsider (Im an immigrant), it seems many of you who are proguns sperg out about the NRA because you don't understand what it is like in countries where there are no institutions/ political lobbies for gun rights. If you are a cool kid and dont want to "follow the NRA bandwagon" at least donate to the NRA-ILA as well as the other pro-gun groups.
>>
File: tumblr_o3gq170Viw1rir0h2o1_540.jpg (66 KB, 540x478) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3gq170Viw1rir0h2o1_540.jpg
66 KB, 540x478
>>29240123
>i think theyre a bunch of fudds but theyre effective fudds.
Yep, pretty much. See also >>29240364

I wish we had a good crazy group as well to represent what a lot of us actually believe and help push the Overton window, but I don't think any of the existing ones are satisfactory. JPFO used to be pretty much what I had in mind, but I understand things have gone downhill since Gottleib took over.

>>29240728
They do good work. A lot of people seem to dislike Gottleib for his involvement with Manchin-Toomey, but on the other hand Heller.

>>29240748
Doesn't GOA actually spend very little of its budget on lobbying? I don't know for sure, this is just something I've heard on /k/--someone described them as the Pratt family employment agency. I would be happy if this were false, because then we'd actually have a good no-compromises group.
>>
File: 1451575243403.jpg (472 KB, 1280x802) Image search: [Google]
1451575243403.jpg
472 KB, 1280x802
>>29240941
>When you study the progressive/marxist "grassroot" agitation machines (moveon, daily kos, change.org, etc etc) you understand it is vital to back the organizations that are on our side, even if you do not agree with them 100% on every issue. Think of it as a cultural battlefield - you want to have as many forces on your side that fall under a common ideological umbrella despite the petty disagreements.
Yes yes yes yes yes. Completely agree. /k/ spends too much time complaining about gun owners who scare the normies (or don't scare the normies enough). Consider the expression "no enemies to the left" and think about what it implies for our tactics.
>>
They're the most powerful of the 2A groups, and are pretty damn useful. Their bias towards American manufacturers in annoying, but understandable. I doubt Kalashnikov Concern has given the NRA much in the way of support.

What was the NRA's stance on the Russian import bans? Or did they even give a shit?

>>29240696
I wish the NRA got more vocal criticism from it's base about that. I get that it's good for American manufacturers, but it's shit for consumers. There's clearly a demand for cheap and decent semi-autos, not our fault American companies don't produce much to fill the niche.
>>
>>29240123

The NRA is a corporate lobby working to secure the interests of the firearm industry.

And since those interests happen to be fighting gun control, I approve entirely.
>>
>>29240941
Where from, just out of curiosity? How does our funz culture compare with the mother country?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.