[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am considering getting this gun, ARX 160 by Beretta, with an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: Babe.jpg (32 KB, 840x339) Image search: [Google]
Babe.jpg
32 KB, 840x339
I am considering getting this gun, ARX 160 by Beretta, with an angled grip, are there any down-sides to this particular firearm? Anyone who owns it tell me whether or not they are satisfied with it?
>>
It's just a really fat, ugly, crappy AR-15. Why bother?
>>
The fact that someone OK'd that bulky abortion never ceases to amuse me.
>>
>>29239685
Its not the 160 senpai.

You mean the ARX100?

Its a great fucking rifle. Look up the torture tests and reliability tests. Its insane.

Great ergonomics and its a badass choice all around.

Everything you want in a rifle.

Protip; Replace the polymer sights with Troy micro Tritium's.
>>
File: beretta.png (31 KB, 755x332) Image search: [Google]
beretta.png
31 KB, 755x332
I'm sad this is banned in MD for some reason. Pic very related.
>>
>>29239890
RIP
>>
>>29239890
Its not.

They just have to take the Flash hider off. Engage has one for sale rn.

The guns that are banned due to flashhider and folding stock merely must be sold with A2 or flash device removed.

Source: I live in MD and own one, I had to install the flash suppressor myself at home
>>
>>29239890
Most likely banned as it's bulky and looks like an AR.
>>
File: list.png (86 KB, 895x959) Image search: [Google]
list.png
86 KB, 895x959
>>29239902
>>29239914
The list of banned guns is honestly hard to keep up with since it changes month to month. At least it does sometimes change for the better when (surprisingly) they unban guns when they realize that they were wrongly banned in the first place (implying any should be banned...). This is only 1/3 of the list lol.
>>
>>29240018
i mean 1/2
>>
>>29239685
it looks like a nerf gun if you paint it yellow and orange
>>
>>29240028
Alot of those are only banned in factory configuration.

Take the flashhider off and they are legal for sale. Or weld the collapsible stock open.
>>
>>29240045
That would explain why I've seen certain gun stores sell particular guns that I've seen "banned".
>>
Honestly the ARX-100 is one of the most ungainly and homely looking firearms in quite a long time and really nothing is going to change that.
Put the aesthetic issues aside I've seen little truly wrong with the rifle aside from a heavy trigger and a tiny charging handle, the latter of which Beretta themselves solved by selling an enlarged version. It seems to be a fairly durable and reasonably accurate rifle that is fully ambidextrous and remarkably Beretta seems to be producing other barrel assemblies which makes it an oddity in the world of 'modular' rifles.
>>
>>29240018
so this isn't the banned list, just what they looked at?
I ask because Hi Point is on the list and I don't want to believe anything they make gets banned ever
>>
File: CX4.png (8 KB, 675x98) Image search: [Google]
CX4.png
8 KB, 675x98
>>29240087
It is known to the government but it's not banned for these reasons "Not cosmetically similar to an enumerated firearm & not a copycat weapon".

Some other MD anons can probably weigh in.
>>
the ARX100 has gained a huge cult following as an amazingly underrated gun. In torture tests along side AR15's the arx100 actually surpassed it.

the only big flaw you'll really hear about it is:

it's fucking ugly.

Also, don't get an early model, they had issues with the front of the top rail. it's been fixed since then and beretta offered to repair if the customers sent them in.

but, when it comes down to it, a beautiful gun won't save your life with looks.

do it OP. you won't regret it.
>>
>>29240260
oh, I forgot to mention, you can get the 10.5in barrel readily from beretta for under $500
>>
>>29240260
THis.

Ugly. Ergonomic as fuck. It actually feels slimmer than my SCAR even though it doesn't look that way. It positively chews through any ammo I've given it. Steel cased to match ammunition. No hiccups... ever.
>>
File: comfy_pepe.gif (143 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
comfy_pepe.gif
143 KB, 300x420
>>29240260
I don't think it's any uglier than the SCAR to be honest f a m.
>>
>>29240161
The reasons on the MSP website are fucked up because they are lazy.

If its banned its because:

• Is named explicitly in Ban List
• Has folding stock AND flashhider (this can be remedied via removal of one of the features)
• It is under 30" in OAL
• It directly copies another design, OR it is on an AR15 lower but is not heavy barreled (pistons are still banned if not an HBAR like the LWRC fluted pistons)
>>
File: ruse.jpg (119 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
ruse.jpg
119 KB, 500x708
>>29240302
So hol up. You're telling me... my LGS can buy "banned" non-enumerated in statute, guns and remove the stock flashhider or folding stock, and then sell it to customers.

Maryland please...
>>
>>29240327
Gun bans: they make no fucking sense and the politicians making the ban don't know enough about guns to do them properly.

It's like how Canada does barrel length for rifles and shotguns: sawing any barrel down below 18" makes the barrel and the gun prohibited. Buuuttt...if the gun came with a short barrel from the factory and the gun has an overall length of 26"+ it is non-restricted (or merely restricted if it is both semi-auto + centerfire)
>>
File: ARX.jpg (84 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
ARX.jpg
84 KB, 540x960
>>29239685
I own one. pic related is my plinker

>Pros:
light
accurate
Reliable
Easy to take down and maintain
Personally I think they're neat looking

>Cons:
Bulky (I wouldn't run an angled grip on it, just a regular verti)
Plastics feel cheap
Shit trigger
You could buy a 10/22 and put it in an ATI stock or something and save some money

I like the gun overall, it outshoots my buddies' 22's, and I got a good deal on it.
>>
File: kel-tec sub 2000.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kel-tec sub 2000.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
hey /k/ I'm thinking about geting the keltec sub2000.

I just want your opinion on this gun.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.