[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any vet-students in /k/? >muh finals >muh deadlines >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: Student-Veteran.jpg (163 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Student-Veteran.jpg
163 KB, 500x333
Any vet-students in /k/?

>muh finals
>muh deadlines
>no campus carry
>every class filled with children

WVU fucboi here, using my delicious voc-rehab and wasting my BAH on guns.
>>
No one cares
>>
I'm a veteran student, I graduated high school
>>
>that feel when in the exact opposite situation
>Did university and hated it, dropped out, about to join army

Its an abstract kind of feel
>>
What is this Voc rehab all my fellow vets keep talking about?
>>
>>29236562
I nevery understood this, why not finish college (well depending on how close you are to graduation) and join as a E4. Then you could try to go to Ocs, Wocs, or just have the promotion points from a bachelor's degree to spare.
>>
>>29236278
Random, but can you use voc-rehab even after using the GI bill?
>>
>>29236587
Because I fucking hated it, half way through the second year of a five year engineering course and I could do the work just fine but would rather kill myself than stick out something that boring for another three years

On the other hand I loved being in the army reserves at the same time, even though I wasn't a natural at it
>>
>>29236587

I joined the Navy with 130 credits. Once I grab E-5 I'm going Medical Service Corps to commission was a pharmacist. All A's and B's in my chemistry, orgo, calc classes.

I personally was just tired of school and broke and down about my situation so I decided to change it.
>>
>>29236587
Well personally I fucking hated college
I hated sitting in those fuckin classrooms writing down pointless and outright useless shit
>protip criminology has nothing to do with crime, its just feels for dindus
And most of all I hated the people
>dude you just don't understand how hard the disenfranchised mooslims have it in Saudi Arabia, we need shariah law here to make us equals
>>
>>29236623
Oh I forgot to mention the bar scene
>12 hot white girls alone at the bar
>you can try to talk to one but they're all going to rush to the door when the rich frat kid walks in
>golddiggers don't even hide it in college towns
>>
>>29236278

"huuuuurrrr i was government property for 4 years, durrr children in my classes i'm better than you CIVVY!"

go fuck yourself, nobody cares
>>
>>29236278
im going to school, majority of class is filled with vets, all instructors are vets, schools admin are vets, own of the schools husband was a vet and so is her dad.

no carry allowed in building, but "we will not search your cars, just be adults".

BAH used as it was intended....
but the good news is between my job, bah, and disability i make more than i did in the army lmfao.
>>
>>29236668
Found the angry nevaserved
>>
>>29236668

public service is important for a country though anon
>>
>>29236574
look into it, i myself didnt use it because the g.i. bill paid for my school, but ive been told it can be used for other things like trade schools.

like a buddy of mine was going to use it to get a doctorate in brewing. so he could be a beer Dr.
>>
>>29236722
>public service is important for a government

ftfy

there's nothing special about being a welfare queen and this thread isn't weapons related at all
>>
>>29236610
hates college, love army, bro its because you were reserves.

active duty can get more boring than any college.

a buddy of mine was in 3 different battalion change of commands in the same week, and he wasnt in any of those units. now i dont know how the fuck he got ropped into that shit but yea, it happens.

"take this shit of the connex, and put it in that one, then take it out tomorrow, and put it back."
>>
>>29236574
voc rehab is a program that will retrain you should you not be able to physically do your job anymore. For example, say I am a mechanic and fucked up my back and can't work on vehicles anymore they will retrain you to do a job within your physical capabilities
>>
>>29236668
I dont think anybody does that, some vets are cringey as absolute fuck but you would never know I was one :^)))
>>
>>29236623
thats what you get for studying some cuckolded shit like criminology instead of sweet perfect Information Technology, computer science is gay and im dreading eventually going back to learn how to be a program slave but IT is brety chill.
>>
>>29236612
>having 130 college credit hours
>lemme enlist for less than minimum wage, hopefully I dont get stuck at Norfolk

you seriously were so butt ravaged that you absolutely couldn't for the life of you complete your degree?

anyway when I enlisted one of the guys ENLISTING with us had a bachelors degree in computer science, now that I look back on it hes hands down one of the stupidest motherfuckers I've ever met in my entire 25 years of being alive.
>>
>>29236862

I had a couple of financial obligations I had to meet as well. I switched majors and had piles of credits and it was gonna take me some work to finish.

But yes if you enlist with an actual degree you are fucking stupid.
>>
File: logo-athletics-cougar-2.jpg (63 KB, 913x617) Image search: [Google]
logo-athletics-cougar-2.jpg
63 KB, 913x617
I am. I have one more semester left after this one, thinking about law school. I have two side jobs in craft beer, but dat sweet gi bill money is great.

U. Houston here btw
>>
Sorry what the fuck does collage life have to do with weapons
>>
>>29236562
I'm right there with you m8

Was working and going to school full time, eventually just stopped showing up to more and more classes till I got dropped.

>didn't even make me a manager at work
thanks guys

>>29236587
>why not finish college
Not everyone is ready for school. I personally had no interest in going to college right after high school, and forcing myself through it probably made me more likely to drop out.

Also, many younger people won't find a better paying job than what the military offers. Even joining as an E-1 will be a serious financial upgrade for a lot of people.

>be coming up on my 2 year mark at this store
>$10.25/hr
I don't make shit, when I enlist I'll be making more no matter what.
>>
>>29236668
Well, you at least. Not necessarily others but definitely you.

This is why you spank your kids, /k/
>>
>>29236928

I commuted from near Katy on METRO for like 2 years. Shit wore me down
>>
File: LauriTorni.jpg (24 KB, 321x470) Image search: [Google]
LauriTorni.jpg
24 KB, 321x470
> in college
> studding in journalism
>RA is finishing school
> RA knows I was in the Army
> we get along pretty good and have beers together
> "Hey anon you were in charge of troops and shit! Want to be the new RA?"
> alright what ever
> apply for the job
> make minimum wage, but it's supplements my GI Bill living Per Deum
> can't be too difficult
> former RA describes working with new college kids like herding cats
> week 1
> we have the phantom shitter
> phantom shitter would drop duce's in the urinal
> this goes on for a month before phantom shitter is caught
> phantom shitter is kicked out of the Dorms
> receive very irate phone call at 10pm just days after kicking out PS.
> it's PS's parents demanding they let him back in
> "I will let him in on two conditions, first he is bared from the use of the toilet and urinals, second he is to wear adult diapers until he can learn to use the toilet properly like an adult."
> hang up phone and block number

/k/ommando in college stories commin at ya...
>>
File: HoustonCougars2.jpg (298 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
HoustonCougars2.jpg
298 KB, 1365x1024
>>29237045

Dude I live towards Galveston, I hear you. I'm not even in the same county. I stack all my classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I don't have to make the commute as much.
>>
>>29237299
I tried being all drill sergeant on them only to have a lot of backlash because they lack the discipline to listen, so I became very passive, but still was not afraid to lay down the law. I would allow them to get away with only so much.

> going to bed early because I love sleeping
> get a knock on my door
> one of the other guys in the dorm is complaining of loud music and noise coming from a room down the hall from him
> it's the infamous "party room"
> every dorm has that one room that is for parties and parties only
> get up and check it out
> I can hear the music in the stairwell
> as soon as I get to the hallway I see a head poke out and the music lowers
> can hear ruffling and shuffling
> when I reach room music is at a reasonable volume
> everyone still quite
> "Just here to check out a noise complaint."
> every freshman has his hands behind his back
> see under bed the corner of a case of Corona sticking out
> "Boy's I am not a hypocrite, therefore I will ignore what I am seeing because I did the same thing at your age."
> "But as a general rue there is no drinking or alcohol in this dorm, and I would like to keep it that way because it makes my life easier."
> "It would behoove of you to move this party outside of the dorm, lets say into the forest, or outside of campus?"
> "Because I know the average response time for campus PD is around 10 minutes or so."
> I walk out taking two of their beers and a slice of pizza
> party dies down and I don't hear a peep.
>>
>>29236947
*college*
This is why education is important, you illiterate pigfucker.
>>
>>29237402
I wish my RA at school was as cool as you. Two national guard guys lived on my floor freshman year, cav scouts. They were cool dudes, I became good friends with them and drank with them often.
>>
>>29236574

voc rehab is GI bill on steroids. gives you over a year more of extra schooling than the GI bill, all books payed for no questions asked, and free electronics ALL while collecting your normal BAH and grant money.

the VA just bought me a 2000 dollar engineering laptop and a 200 dollar graphing calculator. Life is good.

Only catch is they are strict about what you major in and they are on top of you as far as making sure you stay on point with your studies and educational track. I think the minimum GPA you can have is a 2.5 (which you should have anyway at the least)

you have to be 30% disability rating to apply. I have 70% from PTSD so I was good to go. The entire process of applying for it and getting the BAH from my GI bill took about a month.
>>
>>29236278
I am about to break down I am tired of school
I just want to learn engineering wich I can already do somewhat well I designed stuff on solide works before
I just wanna go but the war in Afghanistan is over what the fuck do I join
>>
>>29237606

also, my Voc rehab counselor used it as well, he was personally able to get 7 years of free schooling out of the program.
>>
File: 1457554315857.jpg (311 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457554315857.jpg
311 KB, 707x1000
>mfw taking online courses to avoid college students

Not even with a 20ft pole. Would be a absolute shitfest
>>
>>29236596

no. If you want to use voc rehab you need to use it before the GI bill.
>>
>>29236637

lol do you expect the "bar scene" to be any better in the military?

It isnt.
>>
>>29237635
You can use it after GI Bill anon, it extends it.
>>
>>29236716

>but the good news is between my job, bah, and disability i make more than i did in the army lmfao.

OP here...same for me too. I make about 2000 more a month just going to school full time compared to active duty.

>>29236668

you sound salty bud, hows your 60k debt treating you? I never said I felt superior to civs, I joined specifically for my schooling because my family is dirt poor. change a thing.
>>
>>29237656

eh it isnt recommended to use it that way though. You get the most out of your benefits if you go straight into voc rehab first..I'm talking years of extra paid for school if you go voc rehab initially. There isnt really any reason to NOT go voc rehab first if you can.
>>
>>29237634

it isnt really that bad...yeah you overhear alot of barely house trained children boasting about how black out drunk they got at a house party, but you also meet some pretty cool people too. Alot of other vets and older adults just trying to reboot their lives.
>>
>>29237609
>I just wanna go but the war in Afghanistan is over what the fuck do I join

Do yourself a favor and stop romanticizing deployment. Finish your education.
>>
>>29236278
>every class filled with children

You could say the same about every branch in the military too
>>
>>29237807

thats a pretty good point, but at least the children in the military learn basic hygiene
>>
>>29237852
That also, is a pretty decent point.
>>
>>29236774
that sounds like something everyone needs to be looking into
>>
>>29238081

It really is. The VA wont really tell you about it and neither will the military. It is kindve a secret benefit that you have to learn about by word of mouth. I didnt even know it existed until I went to speak to the Veteran rep at my university. It puts benefits from the GI bill to shame.
>>
I am an engineering student, but on a Pathways internship for this semester.

Former military folks should definitely check out USA Jobs for Pathways Coop programs. Shit is legit, full government benefits and salary, they recognize your prior service when it comes to earning leave and retirement, and they really recruit vets hard. Lots of different avenues for it, military, NASA, alphabet agencies, all seem to do them.

It's also really nice to be on a working break, very refreshing from the college study grind.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 404x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 404x304
I'm going to school in CA for next years fall semester for computer IT

How fucked am I?

>tfw Im a latino Trump supporter
>>
>>29236278
>No campus carry

That changes very soon in Georgia at least.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/georgia-passes-campus-carry-bill-legalizing-guns-a/nqjH4/

all the other faggotry remains valid.
>>
>>29236278
>tfw fraternity brothers with a vet-student
Guy did four tours in the middle east, got hit by shrapnel on his fourth deployment and was medically discharged
>>
>>29236278
go mountaineers!
>>
>>29237299
Yes, please more.
>>
>>29238173

thanks for this, Ill def check it out, think that a comp sci major would have luck with them too?
>>
>>29238192

you wont be fucked at all if you stick to your work ethic and dont get complacent. Nobody tells you to do shit anymore, so you have to be on top of your game and get shit done if you want to do well.

going to school full time is the equivalent to a 60 hour+ work week, but it is worth it. good luck!
>>
>>29238215

yeah Im seeing a few states more open to it...I hope WV follows suit. Makes no sense that I cant carry in school.
>>
>>29238247

you have a vet in your fraternity? Is he going through a mid life crisis?
>>
>>29238265

ayy you at WVU too?
>>
>>29238348
nope, huntington fag not yet in college, considering WVU though
>>
>be in shape and late 20's
>curly hair, so I always keep it short
>fucked around the decade after high school doing nothing
>finally get shit together and go to college
>occasionally, get asked by other mid/late 20's classmates if I'm here on GI Bill

no, I'm just old.
>>
>>29238352

It is alright here, its pretty tough to get around campus if you aren't in walking distance or if your bus routes don't correlate with your schedule. Im not into the party scene here but it is pretty fucking nuts if that's your bag. Teachers are great for the most part, but there are some serious duds too. All in all it is a good school if you put in the effort and keep the party shit at a distance.

SHITLOADS of thirsty freshman girls too...good for a quick fuck or two and then never talking to them again.
>>
>>29238368

haha youre basically the opposite of me. Im 26 but I look really young so I pretty much blend in with the 18-20 year olds. On the rare instance that I actually tell people my age, they dont believe me.
>>
>>29238192
You will be fine just don't mention Donald Trump.
>>
>>29237489
My dorm was by no means the best, but under my watch we had fewer calls because I looked out for them and they learned to police themselves. Still I had the occasional fuck up.
> just walking through the halls
> stop at a kids dorm and chat for awhile
> hear thumping
> the fuck?
> freshman anon: "Oh yeah, that guy is always making racket."
> "I'll check it out."
> knock on next door freshman anon's door
> Hear "Oh Shit!"
> shuffling
> more shuffling
> knock again
> more shuffling
> door swings open
> kid's face is read like he is running a marathon
> "Everything cool here dude?"
> "Oh yeah man, just cleaning up!"
> see a girls pants and a bra under next door anon's bed
> "So who else is in here?"
> kid turns white.
> "Is there an unsigned in guest in this dorm, in this room?"
> kid is shaking
> "Is she of the female persuasion?"
> I open his wall locker
> inside is this petite young bare ass naked blond
> she looks up at me, "Hi..."
> close locker
> "I'll check back in another hour or so."
> close door behind me
>>
>>29238290
>>29238290
> day before spring break
> It's 230 in the fucking morning
> pounding on every fucking door
> WHOOOO!!!
> more fucking pounding
> WHOOOO!!!
> some drunken asshole is running up and down the hallway in celebration
> some of us still have mid terms tomorrow
> death is only too good for this scum
> emerge from my perfectly good dream of me and Ivan holding hands as we frolic through a field of flowers and butterflies
> "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MICKEY MOUSE SHIT!!!"
> drunken assholes take off running out the front door
> You want to play fuck-fuck games, oh we'll play fuck-fuck games. I got you...
> call campus PD
> they send 1 cop
> he sits with me by the front desk
> lock the front door and stay up with a thermos of coffee at the front desk bullshitting with campus cop
> inform cop of my corrective training for the drunks
> he finds is mean, but they will learn
> the same drunks come back begging to be let in
> cop surprises them
> breathalyzer time boys!
> everyone of them is just over twice the legal limit
> "You know as an RA I don't feel comfortable with such unruly and drunken individuals in my dorm."
> "I feel we should wait until there BA is to a more manageable level."
> campus PD agrees with me
> drunks try to argue they are trying to go to sleep
> "Last time you were hear you woke up the entire dorm!"
> "ou can sober here, or you can go with campus PD and sober up in a jail cell"
> the 3 are forced to stand outside and sober up
> they are tired, they are miserable, and all the alcohol they drank is starting to come back
> good...
> two if them puke later
> every 10 mins they want to see if they went down at all.
> it takes them 3 hours to be below .08.
> let them in
> "You ever do that again, I will make sure you get to sleep in the drunk tank over the dorm."
> never have a problem with them after that.

Ad that is why they call me the Drill Sergeant...
>>
>>29236278
>4 years active duty in USAF out of high school
>Programming and Analysis
>Had already completed several classes online while serving, transferred to a community college back home.
>GI bill covers school, bills, food, and a bit to save for later. Worked a deal with my family for cheep rent.
>One annoying Freshman Comp (English) class, ethics was more about law then anything else.
>Rest is core classes and degree focus.

Honestly for the whole, "everyone is college is a stupid liberal" stereotype, I think I may have overheard one conversation in the library about it.

That being said the military wasn't bad, I just didn't want to be a cop for 20 years and my cross train got denied.
>>
>>29236278
eat shit and die welfare queen
>>
>>29238247
What fraternity? We might be b-b-bros...
>>
>>29236278
>spent three years being treated like a child
>calls others children

topkek
>>
>>29236278
I just got accepted. Have to knock out some classes before getting into the engineering school though.
>>
Geology undergrad,

wish there were more of you guys to chat with. Most of my pals are noguns fags who try to talk guns with me.

Feelsbadman.
>>
>>29236637
I resent this. I'm a chubby/fit from a rich family and college bars were fucking awful.
I spent most of my time at the local honky tonk bar after that. Saw some great bands and met some cool people.
>>
>>29244569
>Geology
Brother!
What uni you going to?
Montana State has hasguns out the ass and all the profs just love talking about their latest hunting trip.
>>
>>29244803
>Montana State
You're fucking out there.
>>
>>29236278
>be veteran going to community college
>emt class, lots of other vets in class too.
> all of them are overweight rednecks
>they wear nothing but gruntsyle shirts.
> all have non-issued UCP backpacks
>all bring up irrelevant stories about muh service everyday
>never tell any of them I was in the army.

Why are most vets such faggots /k/?
>>
>>29244842
I think college brings people to cling on to their backgrounds.
For example, in Texas:
>The guy who got mocked for being in 4H shows up to class in starched jeans and his felt hat
>the fraternity crowd shows up in short khaki shorts or chinos and fishing themed shirts
>the hipsters go full retard and find their tightest jeans and most colorful flannels
People are just trying to find a "home base" of sorts, and vets these days are so used to being thanked for cervix they're creating a new subculture.
>>
>>29244842
Found the not-veteran
>>
>>29237402
>"It would behoove of you to move this party outside of the dorm, lets say into the forest, or outside of campus?"
>parties in the forest
That sounds pretty good. As long as they don't start a forest fire or crazily trash the place, I can see a keg set up, a campfire for people to smoke and get all fucking philosophical, and everywhere else for whatever is going to be done.

Unless of course some bears descend on the site when everyone is passed out.
>>
File: Jetpacks.jpg (31 KB, 449x311) Image search: [Google]
Jetpacks.jpg
31 KB, 449x311
>>29237299

Holy shit, make your own thread pls...
>>
What if I do AFROTC in college? Am I welcome?
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.