[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if muscles are very important to stand the g forces how come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: rfwrefr.jpg (156 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
rfwrefr.jpg
156 KB, 1024x690
if muscles are very important to stand the g forces

how come there are women fighter pilots?

not /r9k/ tier question

im just geniuinly interested
>>
>>29234808
their hearts are closer to their brains making them less susceptible to blacking out
>>
>>29234813
If this is correct that's pretty cool.
>>
>>29234808

Net amount of muscle isn't as important as the ratio of strength to weight.

The weight of the pilot's body parts is what determines how much force is needed to counteract G forces.

Not like infantry where a 140 pound woman has to hump largely the same 100 pound load as a 200 pound man, and maybe carry the bigger man in an emergency.
>>
>>29234808
Because on average, they have decent g-force tolerances which 'might' be related to height/body mass, but I'm not entirely convinced that's it.
To some extent women also have slightly different stress responses as well that probably help with operating machines.

There's been women fighter pilots since WW2, so its not exactly a new thing.
>>
>>29234818
of course its not correct, what he said is just plain fucking retarded
>>
>>29234813
>>
>>29234829
o rly?

http://userpages.aug.com/captbarb/myths.html
>>
>>29234838
>http://userpages.aug.com/captbarb/myths.html
it literally says that because women have smaller body mass and because they are smaller they are less likely to black out, not because their hearts are closer to their brain.
A man and a woman at the same height and the same body mass have the same distance from their hearts to the brain.
>>
>>29234844
yes but women are shorter on average cocksucker
>>
>>29234848
>the shorter the human body the shorter the path from heart to the brain is

well nice fucking job einstein, might as well publish it on pubmed and get your phd, u cockmongling cunt
>>
>>29234844
"Because women have a smaller body mass the shorter distance between their heart and brain makes it easier for them to counteract the G-forces."

learn to read faggot
>>
>>29234838
Rekt
>>
>>29234859
You obviously don't know what body mass means, do you?
>>
>>29234867
You obviously dont know what 'the shorter distance between their heart and brain' means. I mean there it is in plain english, backing up my claim...
>>
>>29234821
This. As long as she is /fit/ and can constrict her muscles enough to fight g forces, she's no different. This may not be true, but fwiw I read that women have faster motor reflexes (Starship Troopers so idfk).
>>
>>29234866
shrekt
>>
affirmative action

>>29234873
>American education

He said for the same height and body mass, retard
>>
>>29234908
at the beginning of the thread it was 'plain fucking retarded' and now its not but only conditional on having the same body mass...

...and you're questioning my education
>>
>>29234938
...learn...

...t...o...

...read...
>>
>>29234953
this has to be bait. it says 'shorter distance to the heart' right in the link... you can argue semantic bullshit all you want but im still right
>>
>>29234971
Shorter distance on average because women are smaller on average.

For a man and woman of the same size, the distance is the same.

Meaning the distance is identical between sexes, height/mass is the determining factor.
>>
>>29234975
Yes if you ignore the obvious fact that the vast majority of women are smaller than men then you are right and im totally retarded and the claim i made and cited here verbatim is wrong and has no basis in reality.

feel better nao pookie?
>>
>how come there are women fighter pilots?

Because fighter jet pilot is the one field in which manlets are king, and it's easy to find women at manlet size or smaller.
>>
>>29235038
I'm believe women can make good snipers too
>in b4 muh Sniper Wolf
>>
>>29234808
>how come there are women fighter pilots?
Look at the fraction of fighter pilots that are women compared to the fraction of military pilots that are women.

That said, you only need enough muscle to withstand the G forces of your own body. If you're light, you need less muscle.
>>
>>29234818
you interested in buying some top tier property spanning the san francisco bay? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make some serious revenue with very little investment....

...I can hook you up with some low interest loans from my cousin who is a prince in Nigeria
>>
>>29235038
>fighter jet pilot is the one field in which manlets are king

Don't forget tankers and submariners

>in b4 manlet detected
>>
>>29235157

Well, there's one tanker job where decent height people have an advantage, but that job is going the way of the dodo.
>>
>>29234808

abs and leg muscles are important to withstanding g-s.

so do your squats, eat your oats, do some death lifts too.
>>
File: pw.jpg (133 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
pw.jpg
133 KB, 960x720
>>29234808
Hope they never need to eject.
>>
>>29235250

also based on what the aerospace physiologist at Brooks City Base said when i went through the centrifuge, the shorter distance between heart and brain is why F-16 drivers have a slight G advantage too. so yeah, i'd believe it.

short, stocky, and elevated blood pressure is what you want. good endurance in case you're in a situation where you're under 4 g's or so for an extended period of time like a 2 circle fight.
>>
>>29235253
Why?
>>
>>29235157

>Tankers

Made with 6ft 2 in mind. Tankers only have the advantage in that they have more space because they are sub human.

>submariners

Not 1940 anymore, Fritz. Subs are perfectly comfortable these days. But like all vehicle posts in military, you will get a lean in your neck, no matter your height.
>>
File: image.png (247 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
image.png
247 KB, 760x572
>>29234884
>>
>>29234993

Not the guy you were arguing with, but holy fuck man, you are retarded. A small man would have the same advantage. At the same body mass and height it makes no difference. Their hearts and brains would have the same distance between them.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.