[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evening /k/, I recently bought my first gun online, an SKS.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 20160311_213416-1.jpg (281 KB, 630x835) Image search: [Google]
20160311_213416-1.jpg
281 KB, 630x835
Evening /k/,

I recently bought my first gun online, an SKS. It arrived and I'm not sure if it happened during shipping, at the FFL, or somehow while I was cleaning it and just didn't notice.

But is it normal for SKS rifles to have pic related as a natural defect? Or should I bitch someone out? What methods would you use to fix it? Or would it just be replaced?

It could have happened way back when, when it was issued. But as far as I can tell every other aspect of the gun has an unissued look to it. I was pretty damn sure I was buying unissued. With as much cosmoline I cleaned off it, you'd think so.
>>
>he fell for the meme
>>
The sight covers are commonly damaged from light impacts, it's not earth shattering but you can fix it with a sight tool, a hammer and some time.
>>
>>29231820
I don't see what's wrong with wanting an affordable semi-auto rifle that fires a decent caliber with cheap and available ammunition? Really the only downside for me is this and the unpredictability of a free floating firing pin. Howver, that can be fixed.
>>
>>29231807
You bought from Classic didnt you?
>>
>>29231807
Nope. You're fucked, Better buy an AK
>>
>>29231807
damn, that shit is fucked.

You could dremel it to look like an AK FSB with its distinctive U shape....

Good luck trying to bend that bitch back into shape.
>>
>>29231807
wanted to add, if you do want to bend it back into shape, I would recommend you remove the FSPost and then buy a A/C "Swage" tool.
>>
>>29231930
Yea but if you wanted those things, why buy an sks
>>
>>29231972
Yeah, is it common from them?
>>
>>29232080
I also just like the way it looks, the age of it. It feels like a piece of history.
>>
>>29232412
I've ordered two guns from classic. A beautiful K31 that had a defective bolt handle from a year that NEVER should have been on the gun. I think someone swapped it at classic because they were supposed to be phased out.
A PU mosin that came with the stock cracked.
Classicfirearms has a system where they seem to cause some sort of cosmetic damage to any firearm that enters their doors. Do not buy from them again, they are shit people.
>>
>>29232080
What would you suggest is a better alternative
>>
>>29232080
You sound like a pretentious AR fag
>>
>>29231820
>>29232080
Nice bait.
>Why buy an interesting and fairly inexpensive rifle that shoots fairly common ammunition?
>>
>>29231807
>>29232412
Is that the "very good to excellent" condition Yugos?
>>
Yo OP I have a similar problem. My sight post is pushed to the extreme far right on the FSB. The bending of the front sight hood shouldn't affect the accuracy though. Worried about my rifle though. Any anons have similar problems?
>>
>>29232465
a wasr. $100 more and you have a much better gun.
>>
>>29233221
More like $200.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.