[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ what's your opinion on the coast guards tactical law
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
/k/ what's your opinion on the coast guards tactical law enforcement division. I have a command recommendation to get stationed at a taclet and I'd have to re-enlist. Thinking about joining the army or possibly navy if I don't re-enlist
>>
>>29226210

The Coast Guard had a great television series I used to watch all the time called, Bay Watch. That Pamela Anderson was smoking hot.
>>
>>29226210
cost guard is pretty cool guy. eh catches drug smugglers, gives boaters tickets and doesnt afraid of anything
>>
>>29227980
Underrated meme.
>>
File: 435454545.jpg (88 KB, 453x695) Image search: [Google]
435454545.jpg
88 KB, 453x695
>mudpuddle pirates
>>
>>29226210
If you're a BM or ME, re-up and take the TACLET. If you're anything else, don't bother. It would be an out of rate billet, which tends to really hold you back on the SWE.
>>
>>29226210
whats with the front post?
>>
>>29226210
That's a pretty long finger
>>
>>29230615
It's rubber. So it snapped off.
>>
>>29230939

FOR YOU.
>>
>>29230615

They take the front posts off a bunch off the non guns so when they do gun grabs and have the guy try to wrestle the gun away it doesn't fuck up your hand.

>>29226210

Honestly taclet and shit is kind of dumb, it's not like they will ever be deployed to shoot anything, I guess you can train a bunch. I'm getting out in 2.5 years senpai.
>>
>>29226210
It's bretty great, and it counts towards your 10 years for LEOSA QRLEO status.

Fifty State concealed carry is da bes
>>
>>29231470
That is a dumb tactic. It sounds more like an excuse to remove a budget obligation. Your superior left off sight posts in order to score points with the CO.

You should hunt him down and dish out an ass whooping.
>>
Ex-Coastie of 22 years here.

I thought about going ME but I was getting too old and stayed BM. I started off as a quartermaster before that got absorbed into BM.

I don't have too many stories, but I was on the boarding team for almost every cutter I was stationed on up until the last 2 years where I then became a deck chief.

I actually don't have much experience with dealing with them. Despite being stationed near them (St Ft. Lauderdale, St. Pete, Resolute, a few others), I never was much in contact with them.
>>
File: Me at the NRM.jpg (78 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Me at the NRM.jpg
78 KB, 600x900
>>29231819
You did a job that needed to be done. And you spent your life doing it.

Thank you for serving. I was the front line combat guy but I am no more important than you. You are definitely more valuable. It takes merely six months to create a combat effective army ranger. It takes decades to hone the logistical experience you amassed.

Don't sell yourself short.
>>
>>29231931
Different retired Coastie here. Quartermaster has a different meaning from what you're accustomed to. In the sea services, QMs do the navigating. Or used to, anyhow, before the rating got assimilated.

Coastie and Navy QMs don't do logistics, that's what storekeepers are for.
>>
Bump
Anyone know how hard it is to get into USCG aviation? I doubt it helps but I have a PPL and about 5 hours of dual in an R44 and an engineering degree.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.