[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if katanas are so sharp, why dont they cut through their own sheath?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
if katanas are so sharp, why dont they cut through their own sheath?
>>
>>29224934
Because it's been folded enough times to learn not to.
>>
>>29224934
years of training to prevent such a thing
>>
Inside the sheath is the katana's strict Asian parents.
>>
>>29224934
The sheaths are made specifically to match their swords, out of the same exact steel folded the same exact number of times. This causes an intense amount of potential energy to build up, which is why you always see them kill bad guys in a single motion as they're drawn, that's when they are most lethal. That's also what causes the "shhwiiinngg" noise.
>>
>>29224934
Edges don't contact properly made sheaths, dumbass.
>>
>>29225062
tttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>29225062
>properly made

We're talking katanas here.
>>
File: SH2250BastardSword.jpg (11 KB, 800x202) Image search: [Google]
SH2250BastardSword.jpg
11 KB, 800x202
>>29224934
Done, can we talk now about real swords?
>>
because they're not fucking light-sabres, you idiot.
>>
>>29224934
The regularly do, and your fingers.
>>
>>29225133
light sabers anon.
>>
>>29224956
/thread
>>
>>29224934
If you try to cut a sword out of its own sheath you spread the cutting force along the entire length of the sheath, which makes for extremely small pressure. (As you draw it, the handle is farther from the remaining sheath-edge contact, which makes for small pressure too because of leverage). Of course, noone would actually try that because sheathes are useful and expensive. Whatever accidental force is exerted from your inability to draw the sword correctly doesn't even matter then.
>>
>>29225142
Sabre, with a blue blade colour. Body of Aluminium, with a nice lustre. Good for defence, I expect the weaboos would say it has 'more honour'.

Or, to put it another way, You might be shocked to discover there's more than one way to spell the word "saber" around the world.
>>
>>29225196
Just watch out, you might get burgled, then the guy will run off down the pavement, before bending over to show you his arse, and your only hope is a cold draught, or him landing on a car bonnet.
>>
>>29225332
he'd have to be a right wanker to fall over his bonnet, if he didn't throw my stuff in his boot and drive off.
>>
>>29224934
Because the habaki prevents the edge to actually touch the scabbard and >>29225191 and this is a silly thread.
>>
>>29225102
thilsyoerh??
>>
>>29225196
>>29225332
>>29225550
I need an adult.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.