[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could actually cause a nuclear war today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_8490.jpg (369 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8490.jpg
369 KB, 1600x1200
What could actually cause a nuclear war today?
>>
>>29224367
Russia.
>>
>>29224367
I'm going out on a limb and saying a launch of a nuclear weapon against us.
>>
>>29224367
Aliens kidnapping a General, probing his mind for the codes and remotely launching towards China.
>>
>>29224387
>>29224393
>>29224396

I guess reddit was right - this board really is filled with know-nothing faggots.
>>
>>29224407
>trusting anything Reddit says
>>
>>29224422
>continuing to prove that reddit was absolutely correct about this thing
>>
>>29224431
You're asking a question that comes up so often it may as well be the first on an FAQ list that has no definitive answer until after its happened. What did you think you were going to get?
>>
>>29224443

Cut the shit and give me an answer, kid.

Oh, right. You can't.
>>
>>29224455
First of all, I'm not a kid.

Second of all, here's your answer. No one fucking knows. Political breakdowns, desperation, or some asshole with a death wish for the world. It's all about as feasible as anything else at this stage. I honestly doubt a nuclear war would ever happen. No one has the balls to go start one
>>
>>29224471
>First of all, I'm not a kid.

Stopped reading right there.

The only people who get defensive about being called kids are literal, actual, genuine children. You're probably about 12 years old.

Shame about the rest of your post, it looks like it took you a long time to write (because you're a child and writing things is hard). I won't be reading it. I don't need to waste my time listening to your immature babytalk.
>>
File: fishing pole.png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
fishing pole.png
80 KB, 500x501
>>29224367
>>29224407
>>29224455
This is some hardcore bait.

>ask hypothetical question that no one actually knows the answer to, as it has never happened, hence it being hypothetical.
>hur dur your wrong, reference reddit, but still doesn't give an actual opinion on his own hypothetical
>given logical answer
>call them a kid

Like, can you at least attempt to disguise the bait?
>>
>>29224483
>nuclear weapons are hypothetical

I would call this bait but it's just so transparently insane.

At least try, would you?
>>
>>29224367
computer glitch and bad communication

has anything really changed since the cold war OP?
>>
File: is this nigga serious.jpg (57 KB, 614x616) Image search: [Google]
is this nigga serious.jpg
57 KB, 614x616
>>29224486
>a nuclear war isn't hypothetical
Yes, I too recall the great nuclear WW3, it was a crazy time.
>>
north korea trying to go crazy
>>
>>29224493
it will happen eventually, its just a matter of time. could be 500 years down the road. i give it under 20 years though
>>
Just sage and hide the thread, everyone. He's dancing for those (You)s and you're giving them to him. That goes for anyone who reads this post before replying to the thread. No good can come from posting here and you will not gain anything from someone who has already outed himself as a troll.
>>
>>29224505
I don't get it, do people trickling in from reddit think (you)s are saved or something?

They know their "stats" aren't tracked, right?
>>
>>29224505
>he's still replying
>>
File: 1457322089831.jpg (16 KB, 301x178) Image search: [Google]
1457322089831.jpg
16 KB, 301x178
>>29224500
pls let it be true
>>
>>29224455
Go to bed. You got school in the morning.
>>
>>29224367
Op picture is only applicable to American missiles. I refuse to believe China has that amount of missiles that has problems. Chinese technology works everytime unless it is monkey model. Add the fact that China is humble enough not to cause nuclear war first so America should not act rashly for Americans has eyes but they cannot see Mount Tai.
>>
File: Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>29224683
>Add the fact that China is humble
>>
>>29224481
Goddamn do people like this actually exist lmao

Like, get a goddamn grip, fuck lol
>>
>>29224367
Pakistan and India
>>
>>29224500
Doesn't make it not hypothetical though does it, champ
>>
File: 5bf.gif (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5bf.gif
54 KB, 625x626
>>29224683
Never before has pic related be so related
>>
>>29224794
Probably this though. Maybe India/China if we're thinking a more large-scale exchange, but even China isn't that stupid. India would have to strike first, and even then I feel like a Chinese ground invasion would do just as much damage as nuclear retaliation without the environmental or political impacts.

So, yeah, Indo-Pakistani exchange most likely.
>>
>>29224367
Israel and the jews.
>>
>>29224471

>some faggot with a death wish for the world

Come on anon, we both know that if you ever found yourself in a war room you would launch the damn nuke.
How can you possibly not want to be the man who had the power to destroy the whole society?
>>
>>29224455
You can't handle the answer! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by anons at keyboards. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Anon?

/k/ has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep on Reddit and you curse 4chan. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know: that nuclear war, while tragic, will probably save lives. And /k/'s existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the answer. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want /k/ at that keyboard. You need /k/ at that keyboard.

We use words like neckbeard, mall ninja, faggot...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent in darkened basements. You use 'em as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain this board to an anon who passes through on his way to tumblr from reddit, then questions the validity of this board! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you upgrade your computer and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
>>
Error. Satellites pick up missiles that haven't been fired and a reply is given to a nonexistent attack.
>>
>>29224500
>Cheeki Breeki 2: Amerifat Boogaloo
Let it happen soon.
>>
>>29224407
Holy shit. Fucking hang yourself.
>>
>>29227378
>>29227514
>he's STILL replying!
>>
File: xIkAuC4.jpg (199 KB, 1242x1227) Image search: [Google]
xIkAuC4.jpg
199 KB, 1242x1227
>>29224367

My only nuclear knowledge comes from Oppenheimer. But, from what he says, a "nuclear war" would likely not be an all out total nuclear exchange rather than a limited strike or response to a nuclear strike.

They send one we send one.

So one semi-credible idea is that Russia stacks up 500,000 troops on the border of a NATO backed country. They invaded. We push them out. They nuke a city on their way out to prevent any further backlash from the West. We nuke their army in return.

Doesn't sound very likely? That's because it's not.
>>
File: SmirkingMusharraf.jpg (11 KB, 556x370) Image search: [Google]
SmirkingMusharraf.jpg
11 KB, 556x370
>>29224794
>>29224824
Bingo. In fact it almost happened during the 1999 Kargil war. There's a twist: Paki nukes were being armed and readied WITHOUT the knowledge or approval of the Pakistani CIC.

Pakistan's highest levels of military command run through the Chief of Army Staff(Pervez Musharraf at the time) to the PM(Nawaz Sharif at the time), who is the CIC for all of Pakistan and Pakistani Armed Forces. This was prior to the coup d'etat that removed Sharif and installed Musharraf as virtual dictator for about a decade.

Mushy was arming the nukes right under the nose of Nawaz Sharif. Sharif didn't have a clue about it until Bill Clinton brought it up during a phone call.

Mushy might be gone now, but Pakistan is still an unpredictable problem child.
>>
>>29228168
>But, from what he says, a "nuclear war" would likely not be an all out total nuclear exchange rather than a limited strike or response to a nuclear strike.
>They send one we send one.
There's a wide range of ways it could go down. I don't think Opp was ever arguing that limited exchanges would be the only way for it to go. He probably just likes to emphasize it because so many of us unwashed, Hollywood-consuming masses just think nuclear war = all-out exchanges focusing on countervalue.
>>
>>29228292

Yeah I'm sure that there are a million different scenarios for it to go down. I think a limited exchange is the most likely.

Though, honestly, a dirty bomb in a terrorist attack is more likely.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.