[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have a good video explaining how extraction in various
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Does anyone have a good video explaining how extraction in various firearms works, in detail? Like how it works in an AK or AR, or whatever. I'm interested for reasons.

Pic related, it has to do with those button things, right?
>>
I mean I don't necessarily need a video but yeah, just any explanation.
>>
>>29224288
Eight cycles of function. Listen and remember.

1. Feeding
2. Chambering
3. Locking
4. Firing
5. Unlocking
6. Extracting
7. Ejecting
8. Cocking

If your weapon has a problem it is one of those things. Always remember the cycles of function for automatic weapons.
>>
>>29224288
The extractor on the left catches the edge of the cartridge. The post(s) on the right flip it out.
>>
File: 1315780526637.jpg (16 KB, 471x523) Image search: [Google]
1315780526637.jpg
16 KB, 471x523
>>29224321
That took me back a few years...
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/262410/?l=russian
>>
>>29224288
>how extraction in various firearms works, in detail?

the bolt pulls the case out of the breech and onto that something hits it, causing it to fly out of the ejection port

that's pretty much every single firearm ever made, right there.
>>
>>29224329
I'm glad they're still preaching it. I learned from the armorer in my infantry regiment back in 1989. I still use it as a step in problem solving.
>>
You might also think of the parts shown as a hooker and a bonker. The hooker hooks the empty shell out of the chamber, and the bonker bonks it out of the gun.
>>
>>29224288
the extractor (on the top left where theres no locking lug) fits in the little divot in the bottom of a cartridge. when the gun opens, the extractor pulls the cartridge out of the chamber. extraction in almost all firearms is done by what literally amounts to a little hook pulling the cartridge out of the chamber.
>>
>>29224344
>the bolt
extractor
>something hits it
ejector
>>
>>29224348

It's almost as if the exact same weapon is still being issued.
>>
>>29224355
So, what is the "bonker"?

I guess I was actually curious about ejection idk why I said extraction. So after the round is pulled back, what actually knocks it out of the gun?
>>
>>29224371

please contain your autism to the other threads.
>>
>>29224379
>So, what is the "bonker"?

Literally anything that bonks the case out of the gun.

In most guns, it's just a piece of protruding metal in the path of the extracted case.
>>
>>29224377
Close but not quite.
>>
>>29224321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTk-VXL_2QU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqUgvoVXqg0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2VEwAcPlYI
Extraction is at 12 mins into the first video.
All three of them are informative.
Dig in OP.
>>
>>29224398

OK sperg, explain to me how they're different.
>>
>>29224394
So those little nubs on the bolt face?

Are there many guns that use an MDR ejection system where something external to the bolt hits the casing to cause it to fly out?
>>
>>29224403
I'd rather make fun of you for not knowing.

You're a dumb ass.
>>
>>29224401
God damnit. Came here to post this
>>
File: 1457145199489.jpg (41 KB, 510x383) Image search: [Google]
1457145199489.jpg
41 KB, 510x383
>>29224446
>wow it's amazing that they still teach this same rifle!
>well yeah that's because they still use that rifle
>NO THEY FUCKING DON'T YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDED
>ok then what do they use?
>YOU ARE A DUMB ASS I AM LAUGHING HAHA
>>
>>29224341
>>29224401

These are fantastic, very interesting
>>
>>29224462
I think he means EXACT same rifle and is bring autistic about the A4 vs what you used (A2 I assume).
>>
>>29224535
how is it autistic he said exact? they aren't exactly the same. he isn't wrong. you can't argue semantics if the original question is that.
>>
>>29224554
True nuff
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.