[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this not get any love from the CC community? Why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: walther_pk380_1.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
walther_pk380_1.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
Why does this not get any love from the CC community? Why is there so much hate for it?

Easily the most comfortable .380 in it's class - DA/SA so everything after your first shot is butter, grade A sights, accurate as fuck, eats everything and still easily concealable. I get that it's not for everyone, but I just went through a lelkek P3AT, XDs 9mm 3.3, to an XDS .45 4.0, Colt 1903 Hammerless, Ruger LC9S (which the wife is keeping, fucking fantastic trigger), Glock 42, S&W Bodyguard, Bersa Thunder, and a Beretta Tomcat. This beats all those in most categories. And it's sub 400.

Is it because of Umarex?
>>
>>29224173
>380
I'll pass
>>
>>29224225
Why? This isn't the fuckin' 70's.

Technology has advanced, .380 is a very capable round.

https://youtu.be/GNtPHYwcDts
>>
>>29224173
The fad of the ineffective .380 has passed. Get a caliber that will actually protect you.
>>
File: 1444279261557.jpg (125 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
1444279261557.jpg
125 KB, 800x520
>>29224245
>Why? This isn't the fuckin' 70's.
>Technology has advanced, .380 is a very capable round.

So is 9mm, what a stupid thread.
>>
>>29224290
.380 is very effective. Any proof that it's not? I'll wait while you find something that isn't fudd-lore.
>>
>>29224336
How about you prove that .380 is an effective round my man.
>>
>>29224339
I already did in the link provided in >>29224245
that post.
>>
It's a sleek affordable gun. But as a poorfag I'll pass for a SD9VE or TP9. I just have to muster the courage to go buy the damn thing I've been sitting on the money for three months.
>>
>>29224351
Anecdotal.

My Black Hat in US Army Airborne school (Alpha Company 1st/507th) was shot in the parking lot multiple times with a piss ant piece of shit .380 caliber fuck tard weapon. He survived and continued his military career. Imagine if that was a .45 caliber pistol. He'd have been non-existent after the first round.

Fuck your little faggot. 380
>>
>>29224376
You think it's funny, little bitch? Word to the wise:
Keep the operator shit off your tongue though, because being an operator IS a state of mind. It's a state of mind that doesn't lead you to buy some faggy pants with mag pouches on them, or read a book about Bushido and grow a beard. It's a state of mind that causes you to raise your hand repeatedly to volunteer to go into harms way to kill enemies of the United States. It causes you to not only volunteer for insanely difficult and dangerous training, but to succeed at it even though the deck is always and forever stacked against you. It is what makes men volunteer for insanely difficult and dangerous assignments. It's a state of mind that gets you to put up with the bullshit that comes with the job. It's a mindset that is earned and is constantly proven through constant blood sweat and tears. Why? because it's your mission and your calling. It's that little bit extra that pushes you above and beyond and it all starts at a recruiting station. If you never went, it's not a knock on you whatsoever. just don't try to pose as something you aren't and never were.
>>
File: snow in australia.jpg (48 KB, 636x351) Image search: [Google]
snow in australia.jpg
48 KB, 636x351
>>29224173
It's a large, low capacity, overpriced pistol chambered in a weak caliber, manufactured by an airsoft company, and has been subject to recall in the recent past. What is there to like about it?

>P3AT, XDs 9mm 3.3, to an XDS .45 4.0, Colt 1903 Hammerless, Ruger LC9S (which the wife is keeping, fucking fantastic trigger), Glock 42, S&W Bodyguard, Bersa Thunder, and a Beretta Tomcat.
To say that the Colt 1903 and the Kel-Tec P3AT are in the same "class" of guns is to fundamentally misunderstand what makes a good concealed-carry pistol good. To add insult to injury, the PK380 is severely overpriced, in the $380-420 range, which is more expensive than an entry level 9mm or .40 caliber service pistol, such as a Ruger 9E, Canik TP9SF, and almost the same price as a full size Smith and Wesson M&P. If you just wanted a .380, you can get an LCP for $200 these days. If you wanted a good 9mm carry pistol, both the Ruger LC9s and S&W Shield are cheaper than this grossly overgrown .380 pistol.

I'm pretty sure that pistols like this, and the Ruger LC380, for example, are built for certain markets. I think...although I'm not 100% positive, that large .380s are able to get approved for sale in California, but maybe slightly smaller .380s are not able to get approved, and that's why guns like this exist. I could be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure they are basically loophole guns not intended for general consumption.
>>
>>29224428
>Overpriced pistol
I definitely wouldn't say that, they go for around 300 here. P3AT and MAYBE a used Bersa will sell at that price. And trust me I've been in 5 gunstores (two of which are LGS, 3 are chain stores), that's what those are going for new.

I could see the argument that an entry-level 9 or .40, like the Canik or the Ruger might be good options. The LCP can be a great option as well, but it has terrible grip, non-existent sights, and every single-stack you'd mention has a lower capacity, so saying it is a low-capacity is a bit idiotic. Most offenses are stopped in the first three shots, even with multiple attackers. I'd take those numbers and consider anything more than 6 a moot point.

I have yet to see a Shield OR an LC9S anywhere near the 300 range. Shields are around 400 and LC9S and Pro's are sitting around 380, both of which are more expensive than what the PK380 is selling at.

I will give you the airsoft company thing, I'd prefer if Walther hadn't been bought out by them but I have to say this is a great pistol. Also, you do know that the Canik is just the clone of the PK's big brother, right?
>>
>>29224373
What's stopping you? SD9 is pretty nice, a buddy owns it. He's also a dindu though, so take that for what you will.
>>
>>29224456
I'm using slickguns.com to check prices. Usually, online gun prices are a little lower than in store prices, often they are the same, and I've never seen them be higher. The cheapest I'm seeing the PK380 go for is $380, and I have never actually seen one in a gun store, since they are terrible guns that nobody would want to buy and a gun store owner would therefore be crazy to stock them. So your claims that you see them all over the place for $300 are dubious to me at best.

I really don't see the value in a .380 pistol that's that large, and I brought up the LCP because it has a lot more practical value as a carry pistol, being a small fraction of the size and weight. The LCP is more concealable than just about anything else in that caliber and, being reliable and having a powerful caliber relative to the gun's size, it really dominates its niche in the market. If I'm going to carry a bigger gun, I want a bigger caliber, hence something like an LC9s or Shield, which do sell for $330 and 350, respectively, and also dominate their niches due to being very small, despite chambering a potent caliber like 9mm, and even .40S&W.

What niche does the PK380 occupy? Because if I wanted a relatively large, low capacity gun chambered in a sub-grade caliber for whatever reason, then I'd just pick up some heavy duty service pistol of yesteryear, like a CZ-70, for $200. Why anyone would shell out close to twice that for something like this made by a manufacturer with a very questionable pedigree in firearms is beyond me.

I'm not going to address your post point-by-point, so if it seems like I'm ignoring parts, it's because I trust you to be smart enough to read this post and use it to figure out my answers to every point you made.
>>
>>29224245
>gun same size as a 9mm
>preforms significantly worse
Need anymore help answering obvious questions?
>>
>>29224173
"Warning: Read safety manual: carved into the side.

Hard pass.
>>
>>29224339
are you willing to risk getting shot by even only one round of it?
>>
>>29224406
fuck off and go back to your counter strike game, people like you have never seen real combat or know how it affects you
>>
Walther shills are going all out now huh
>>
>>29224548
That's a stupid argument. By that logic, a knife is just as deadly as .44 magnum because I would be just as averse to getting stabbed as I am to being shot.
>>
>>29224173
The Walther PK380 is hands down the worst gun I've ever fired in my life.
>Jams every five rounds
>Squishy and grainy jello trigger
>>
>>29224578
liar
>>
>>29224459
I'm pretty lazy. I drive to work, I work a 9 hour day doing farm stuff, I just want to come home and watch Netflix or AHC. And my off days are usually occupied by training my duck dog, working out, and coaching the varsity baseball team I volunteered for.
I keep holding out that one of the team's tournaments will be close to Cabela's but that's obviously not working.
I'd make a quick trip but the closest gun dealer is cabela's and when I went in January panic buyers didn't leave enough time to file a 4473.
Is panic buying done?
>>
>>29224173
what was your opinion of the Tomcat? I have been tossing around the idea of picking one up in .32.
>>
I like .380 and the LCP is an excellent pistol.

That fucking Walther is a fucking snagfest, though. Pocket carry is out of the question, which is really the only reason to have a .380. If you're willing to go IWB, then you go 9mm.
>>
>>29224173
Because you can get a CZ P-01, or P-06 for about the same price in 9mm or 40 s&w.
>>
>>29224551
I love fresh pasta, always get at least one.
>>
>>29224700
It wasn't the worst gun I'd ever held, but it wasn't particularly anything special. Everything on it kind've felt counter-intuitive to what I'd already used. I'd take the Colt Hammerless for a .32 though just about any day, but I can't say it was necessarily bad, either. No failures to cycle when I did shoot it, and I was shooting Fiocchi hollow points.

>>29224742
I've carried .32 to .45 IWB, the argument on .380 being ineffective doesn't really phase me. I'd rather have something I shoot well and can easily get a grip on, that is dead reliable. Also the LCP didn't jump out at me any more than the P3AT - which are the same damn size.

The only gun out of all the ones I'd bought, carried and tried that I'd say held a candle, price-for-performance wise, was the LC9S - it's an excellent handgun. I carry the PK380 IWB, btw.

>>29224521
I literally just went to five stores TODAY and 4 of them had them in stock - the only time I found one that was at $370 was when it had a laser sight that came with it - and it was sitting next to a $320 regular Walther.

Other gun-store had one at 298, and the other was at 306. I physically went and checked, I'mm not just throwing shit out there.
And making an argument that the Shield is dramatically superior kinda boggles me. The trigger's not bad by any means, but the entire gun feels uncomfortable in my hand, the mag had issues seating every time I loaded it, and if I recall correctly, the Shield also had a recall? So you can't call the PK out on that, when the Shield had one as well.
>>
>>29224173
How about the fact that it's based entirely on the P22, arguably one of the shittiest .22s produced in the past 20 years. P22 slides have cracked just from shooting .22. Why would anyone want a .380 that's based on a .22 that can't even handle .22?
>>
>>29224871
>CZ P-01
if it were just a tad bit smaller, it'd be amazing. Not that it's hard to cc at 4-5 o'clock.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.