[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Private Maritime contractor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: DSCN0849-22243.jpg (293 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0849-22243.jpg
293 KB, 2000x1500
A while ago a guy was on here talking about his time as a private maritime contractor. Was wondering how one gets into that sorta field.
>>
Join the military during wartime. It's like college for mercenaries. In theory you could do the job without that prior training, but no hiring manager is going to take the risk.

Quickest way in is the FFL because they almost always have combat missions.
>>
>>29223272
>Was wondering how one gets into that sorta field.
I learned by googling that exact phrase and going from there. Please try it and come back here to post the more specific questions that come up.

This entire process will go smoother for all of us
>>
>>29223313
>join during peacetime in hopes that war breaks out so you're already in and ready to go
This is like trying to get a straight when you're holding a 7 and a 2, right?
>>
>>29223350
He's saying join a military that is fighting currently, tardmosis.
>>
>>29223272
Wasn't there some guy from Neptune or something that posted a bunch here about marine security? I remember him explaining his day, what gear he has, why they dump guns in the water, and how it works.
>>
>>29223684
That's the guy I'm talking about
>>
>>29223684
Not everyone dumps guns in the water. There are floating armories just outside of the bigger ports. Not sure if they rent lockers and stash the guns, rent guns when they need them or they just buy and sell at will.
>>
I hope we get some replies here.
I ETSed 3 years ago and I still have a secret clearance. I'm bored with my life and want to make some money.
Problem is it's a dying field. Too many people willing to work for nothing also
>>
I would like to know more about this also. Like, what the fuck is this about throwing guns in the water? Why?
>>
>>29225096
Your clearance goes away in a few months if no agency claims it. Sorry but you don't have a security clearance.
>>
>>29225096
Your clearance died 3-9mo after it was no longer absolutely required for your job.

You'll have to get a new one. Whatever company you get a job with (after maritime security training certifications, google it) can get you the clearance. I got mine again after the Corps and it wasn't much of a hassle at all. Fill out your history again on e-quip, get fingerprinted, wait for an interview, and BAM you're gtg. Your hiring company will walk you through all of this, it isn't important to know, except that it's an easy process for us.

Seriously google "maritime security training certifications" so you can start taking notes on your life plan.
>>
Never worked for Neptune, but worked for Trident. I also worked for Global, DynCorp, Olive, Triple Canopy (Catastrophe), and Aegis from 2008 to now.

Let me tell you a little bit about Maritime Security, it sucks...

...The only way it doesn't suck is if you know a SEAL (Like I did) and they can vouch that you're not a fuck up. Quite literally, if you do not have sort of extra-curricular tab from one of the big 4 military branches that involve water anything... Forget about it.

They don't give a shit about what you did, where you did it and with who... You need a slew of certifications, a float book which is similar to a passport only for shipping ports... That thing was a pretty penny.

To top it all off, Neptune and Trident operate underneath the same protocol mentioned above. If you're looking for a year by year contract... Look elsewhere. You're put on a waiting listen, float around the Indian Ocean. If you're lucky to go to the final destination, count yourself lucky. Some outfits go out to sea for two weeks, only to come into port and be replace. Then they have to figure out how to get home from there.

Wait till Scrooge McTrump becomes president, or Hillary pisses off the world. Democrats create stupid amounts of jobs for security contractors.
>>
>>29223923
Tell me more about this job. How do I become a weapon dealer for private contractors? Legally?
>>
>>29223272
Here's a relevant video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EirA1h3W76w
The easiest and probably cheapest way I found was taking the Maritime Security course from ESA (European Security Academy) in Poland. Now, of course, that doesn't guarantee employment, but as far as i understand they do support you in getting a job.
>>
>>29225140
from what I remember of the replies from other threads, it was due to the legality of bringing guns into another country and the shitfest that comes with it.
So just get some cheap working guns, use it, then dump it rather than navigating through another country's legal bullshit, hire people to deal with it or possibly lose employees and possibly paying fines or fees.
>>
>>29225184
Oh. I had to get it when I was in a SOF unit for 2 years.
From what I'm reading on socnet, maritime security does suck.
I'm currently leaning more towards getting a contracting jobs as a tradesman, specifically electrical work. Hope I can get to africa.
>>
I know a few guys who have done it. All where former Royal Marines wit tours in afghanastan and the anti piracy operaton off somalia. So something like that
>>
>>29225728
>that spelling

Yep, you're military alright.
>>
>>29225728
>a few guys that done it all
So you know a few liars?

Considering how FEW anti-piracy operations went on off the coast of Somalia, you should have known better than to believe them.
>>
>>29226255
Periods mean things in the English language.
>>
Not OP, but would a100 Ton masters Captain's licence with radar and towing ratings carry any weight? Never considered this industry, but I'm two years into my current Captain's gig and wouldn't mind a change.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.