[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT Thread for Autists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: 39.png (279 KB, 432x363) Image search: [Google]
39.png
279 KB, 432x363
Autistic question here, is the recoil in Counterstrike Global Offensive "realistic"? Or is it way way more than real recoil? Or is it less, and real recoil is actually far more unforgiving?

I'm just curious because I see all this stuff about how automatic fire is almost never used by US soldiers and I wonder if there is even any point to it being on firearms at all anymore.

Also general questions thread for retards like me.
>>
the ballistic dont compare to the fire mode and the "hipfire" in cs
>>
>>29217253
Dunno much about the recoil of other guns besides my WASR but from the look of the muzzle break I'd say GO is right about how an un-sighted AKM would travel in it's select fire mode.
>>
File: IMG_0487.jpg (211 KB, 1369x2871) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0487.jpg
211 KB, 1369x2871
I just picked up an SKS and the magazine has about an 1/8th of an inch play left and right on the magazine (very slight wiggle). I just picked it up and haven't taken it out to the range yet.

Is that a normal thing for the SKS? This is my first one.
>>
>>29218099
It's fine, all magazines have at least some play.
>>
>>29217253

The shape and consistency of recoil patterns in CS:GO are completely nonsensical and kind of preclude it from any level of realism when it comes to automatic fire. Most weapons do recoil in a specific direction but that direction is a sliding scale of straight back vs. up and to the right.
>>
What is the purpose of cat eyes on helmet bands
>>
IRL recoil is less sharp and significantly slower, but the natural body dynamics of a proper shooting stance pull the firearm back to its proper index naturally.

CS:GO is the epitome of making realistic phenomena "videogamey" for lack of a better term, as a proper conveyance of recoil impulse and weapons handling would generally make for a fairly sluggish, imprecise, and irritating game, as real humans can't wrestle a 30 round magazine from an AK into a single baseball sized hole in the wall 25 meters away on full auto because gross motor function in the arms and chest is needed to wrangle firearms in real life and those motions are not as snappy or precisely responsive as the snappy fine motor control of a wrist on a mouse.

It's an excellent game, but that does not imply that it is a faithful portrayal of the subject matter.
>>
>>29218763
the purpose of cat-eyes is so that if white light is shined at somebody in the field they're easy to identify. They're used for making sure people who are dead tired don't get lost and die if they wander off the beaten path.
>>
>>29218876

Is something like Insurgency more realistic in that aspect? Perhaps not the fine motor control thing, i agree with that, but just in terms of how useful automatic fire is?
>>
>>29217253
> full auto pointless

Most engagements in Counter-Strike are at very close range, where fully automatic fire is very useful. Most military engagements are at a much further distance where automatic fire is less useful (except as suppression).
>>
I have never owned or fired a gun. I bought a chinese m53 mosin nagant. Was that a good decision?
>>
>>29219782
An m44 would be a better choice
>>
>>29219782

For your first time? Eh. Mosins are pretty notorious for being uncomfortable shooters, however; the ammo is piss cheap and I imagine it's in a state to where you don't care if it gets beat up or not.
>>
>>29219703
At least for the US military, room clearing is supposed to be done entirely on semi. Full auto is limited pretty much entirely to the machine gunner at any engagement distance.
>>
>>29219911
I'm not gonna get into the
>HURR IT'S SHIT
>HURR IS NOT
argument but mosins aren't uncomfortable. You might get sore if you shoot hundreds and hundreds of rounds in a sitting, like any other full sized rounds.
>>
Counterstrike is literal shit.

You'd have to be autistic to NOT realize that.

How many times did you shoot someone in the back in that game only for them to 360 no scope you?
Lol.
>>
>>29217253
Depends on what guns, the m249 has more of a vibration than actual recoil, firing a 5.56 round and weighing 22 lb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_LTofLZX9Q
>>
>>29218466
Why up and to the right but not to the left?
>>
Whats the cheapest, still completely functional SKS I can buy?
>Inb4 buy an AK, I live in NY
>>
>>29219986
Hang on a second. This doesn't add up
>>
>>29220019
If you're shoot left handed it'll recoil up and to the left. Hold your right arm straight out and push against your right shoulder with your left hand. A rifle has the same effect.
>>
What is the white stuff people use to make their reciever stamps more readable? Is it some kind of paint?
>>
>>29220399
What is chalk
>>
>>29217253
>fire one bullet
>lazer fucking accurate every time
>make one quick follow up shot
>bullet somehow immediately after leaving the barrel takes a straight left

not even in the slightest, just shitty game mechanics that people loose their shit over and praise because you can actually learn the redicious bullet pattern if you do some incrediblebly tedious memorization
>>
>>29219026
Insurgency is pretty realistic in this regard imho, automatic fire shows how useless it typically is and how much ammo it wastes
>>
someone wants to straight trade my beretta 92fs compact inox with mods for a elcan os4x optic. what do /k/? am I gonna get murdered?
>>
>>29222206
Do the deal in a gun shop. If it's too much to ask for him then he's a bandit and must be killed
>>
>>29217253
how fucking high are you kid are you fucked?

actually probably bait
>>
>>29222206
I've done private face-to-face trades before and in all cases the other party was polite and helpful. YMMV
>>
>>29217253
Well, for one thing, the guns in CSGO (and every other valve game) don't actually act like firearms at all. They use a hitreg system called 'hitscan' which basically means all the guns are actually lazers that can instantly hit a target from the other side of a map.
>>
>>29219782
If you like it, then yes. /k/ likes to shit on Mosins nowadays but I still like my 91/30.
>>
>>29218876
there's also the fact that videogames aren't simulating ballistics. they are either hit scan or performing gross calculations to approximate what can happen when a software defined object interacts with another software defined object.

ARMA is accurate in that people shooting at you from 3 football fields away are fucking tiny dots you will not identify half the time until several minutes after you begin taking rifle fire.
>>
>>29222311
It was mostly because of price, but I also heard they were fairly reliable. Also I just like the idea of owning something with historical value.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
Are USP pistols good for beginner shooters?

I am interested in them, but I don't know, I kind of want to be a tactical retard and buy a Glock 19. I am probably going to put night sights on it immediately, and a surefire XC on it more than likely
>>
File: Fotor_145126319907873.jpg (486 KB, 1050x2344) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_145126319907873.jpg
486 KB, 1050x2344
>>29222933
Yes, they are simple accurate reliable durable etc, and easy to learn and shoot, I ccw a 9mm daily
>>
>>29222954
I think I'll get one they seem really nice. I don't really need a frame safety, but I like the USP implementation, because I DO need a decock, and it never hurts to have a safety on my first pistol.

I don't hate sigs, I just don't want one.
>>
>>29222954
Do you know if is possible to get an Elite for under $1500?
>>
>>29223009
They have tons of variations and you can always swap in-between the variation given you have the parts. I never had good experiences with sigs for some reason so I stick to HK.
>>29223017
Not sure if they still make those particular ones so I don't know sorry
>>
File: Heckler-Koch-HK45-Tactical_001.jpg (208 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Heckler-Koch-HK45-Tactical_001.jpg
208 KB, 600x400
what's the actual difference between the USP Tactical and normal USP?
>>
Was there ever an end or continuation to the recent thread surrounding a /k/ommando who inherited the king of all gun collections?

Had a Gyrojet and a giggle-switch MP5 if I'm not mistaken. I remember there were some possible shit brewing with the stepmom?
>>
>>29222933
I liked more shooting with 9mm USP more than with Glock.
>>
>>29223122
Trigger o ring(?) threaded barrel sights
I think that's all
>>
>>29223009
Just take the safety out and leave the decock.
>>
I've never owned a gun but I want one. Shot with dad many years ago. Texasfag here so they're readily available but I've got no goddang clue where to start. want a handgun just to keep in my apartment. wat do?
>>
>>29223442
Revolver or Semi?
What $ amount are you willing to spend?
What do you plan on doing with it?
>>
>>29217253
CS is loosly based on Rainbow Six. In R6 you had a crosshair that represents the point of aim. 4 bars going outwards indicate your "wobble". When firing the weapon it will recoil and thus your point of aim will be moved upwards. Simliar to the "aim down sights" in modern games.
CS came up with it's own way of doing things. They added a T shape pattern going up, left, right. However they didn't add the recoil as it is in R6. So your point of aim will stay where it is, but your point of impact will move in the pattern described above.
Another very strange thing is the M4. To balance the gun every 5th shot is a flyer, no matter how well you aim. This is because it generally takes 5 shots to the upper body to kill someone, so spraying people down with the m4 is difficult.
I let you decide how realistic a gun is, that shifts zero by 5 MOA everytime you fire more than 1 round.
>>
File: 1457704665486.jpg (64 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
1457704665486.jpg
64 KB, 615x461
Are the guys on the sides and backs of helicopters strapped in or do they just fall out if the helicopter has to back sharply?
>>
WTF is wrong with ARFCOM? Seems like a lot of assholes there
>>
>>29217253
>real recoil is actually far more unforgiving
Bullets don't incline after leaving the barrel like they do in counter strike, neither it is hard to control the barrel rise unless you're shooting for the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcmuZ3MDSK8
Now back to /vg/
>>
>>29225871
They think theyre ultra operators but they're really 350 pound manchildren who barely shoots their guns.
>>
Whats the ar15 equivalent of Newegg?
>>
>>29225962
bcm
>>
>>29223122
Some tactical models have a match trigger.
>>
What's the best gun to have for SHTF?
>>
>>29226047
ar-15 if you're in the US
>abundance of parts
>decent amount of ammo to be found in most places
>abundance of magazines
an akm would probably work too
>>
File: blehblehblah.jpg (165 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
blehblehblah.jpg
165 KB, 960x720
>>29225837
Strapped in with a lanyard, that's why we have rigger's belts with the little triangle link on it.
>>
>>29225871

HOOAH DEBBIL DOGE! Hear about that RANGER that got a CONFIRMED KILL with his SPOON? Damn, I'd like to see some Commie pull that off! Voting for SHILLERY? She can have my guns over MY COLD DEAD HANDS! Gotta water the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants. LIBERALS ARE THE TYRANTS, WAKE UP AMERICA! I'd like to see those LIBERALS take on 300 million angry AMERICANS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
11B OIF June 2004 - June 2004, Post Office Operative June 2004 - August 2008, Mall of America Security Forces August 2008 - Current
>>
File: bengoozy.png (452 KB, 806x908) Image search: [Google]
bengoozy.png
452 KB, 806x908
>>29226075

>11B OIF June 2004 - June 2004, Post Office Operative June 2004 - August 2008, Mall of America Security Forces August 2008 - Current
So fucking true.
>>
>11B OIF June 2004 - June 2004
lol
>>
whats the white stuff people use to write on rifle mags?
>>
>>29226919
White paint marker or silver sharpie
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.