[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /k/. Noguns here but I want to start. My question is, is a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1456552834770.jpg (529 KB, 1800x1199) Image search: [Google]
1456552834770.jpg
529 KB, 1800x1199
Hi /k/. Noguns here but I want to start. My question is, is a Nugget just a meme at this point or is it worth purchasing one?
>>
File: 1363785891437.jpg (46 KB, 644x484) Image search: [Google]
1363785891437.jpg
46 KB, 644x484
First, stop being a cunt.

Why are you purchasing a firearm?
Target shooting?
Hunting?
Home defense?
Or is it just a [spoiler]meme?

The nugget is (by now) overpriced for what you get. Its fun, its loud, its indestructible, and it was used to defend Mother Russia from decades of enemies.

Now git
>>
It's a good gun, and still decent boom for your buck but there are better choices now that prices have gone up.

Get an SKS.
>>
>>29217184
Probably for target shooting and if shit ever hits the fan I will have an emergency gun.
>>
>>29217208
It's shit for both those things. Get a ruger 10/22 for target shooting and a handgun for an emergency gun.
>>
>>29217187
>there are better choices now that prices have gone up.
This

When I could snag one for $90 and a firm handshake things were different.
The cheapest one I've seen lately is like $195

Still, if you want one just to want one, they're fun
>>
>>29217169
If you can find one for under $150, then go for it.
It became a board meme because they were cheap and plentiful, as was surplus ammo, making them a fine, if somewhat, uh, "robust" entry-level firearm.
That is no longer the case.

Unless you gotta have the thrillsurp of milsurp, consider something else.

If you's poor, Hi-Point carbines are cheap, cheap to feed, reasonably accurate, fun, and could be used for defense in a pinch, if necessary. Downside is they're ugly as fuck and there isn't a big aftermarket.

Someone up above suggested an SKS, and I'd say that's perfect for a first gun. Try and find a good SKS and it'll last you forever. Prices on those aren't what they used to be, though.
>>
If your gonna get a nugget shop around but start soon.

Don't pay more than 150 for a nice standard 1891/30.

Read up on nuggets to know what to look for.

Get moving, by this time next year they'll be 300 a pop.
>>
Nowadays you can get an AR for $500 and here you are legitimately asking if a bolt action pos with shitty ammo is worth purchasing?
>>
>>29217169
did that nose down on landing? wouldnt that be the pilots fuckup?
>>
They were only worthwhile when they were $99 and ammo was 15 cents a round. Now that they're $200 and ammo costs over 30 cents a round they are fucking garbage.
>>
>>29217169
The nugget is remarkable for affordability and little else. If you can still find one for 100 or so I'd get one. They're good fun; I still love mine, but size limits practicality and there's nothing magically good about them.
>>
>>29217495
I doubt it, especially given the location of the damage and lack of prop strikes. Holy shit that image gives me feels though. Broken balsa gliders give me feels. That's just rough.
>>
>>29217495
I think it was actually caused by an 88mm flak shell exploding very close to the cockpit.
If it wasn't this exact picture I've definitely seen a very similar image with that backstory.
>>
>>29217169
>none of the crew surivived
>plane landed itself
Those anthropomorphized vehicle pictures are cancer
>>
File: 23rtr9e.jpg (53 KB, 900x460) Image search: [Google]
23rtr9e.jpg
53 KB, 900x460
>>29217169
Hi there nogunz. Buy these in this order:

1. 10/22
2. 9mm handgun.
3. Centerfire rifle. I'd recommend an ar15, but you could go with an ak or sks. Just remember you get what you pay for.

>Is the mosin just a meme?
Yes. Don't buy one for your first gun. The mosin has transitioned from a cheap, semi decent rifle to more of a collectors item.
>>
Get a yugo m48. mauser master race
>>
>>29218030

How much is a 10-22 and does it come only as the semi-auto I keep finding on gunbroker?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.