[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Europe and Syria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (412 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
412 KB, 1920x1080
http://theweek.com/articles/611262/why-europe-should-build-hong-kong-syria

Tl;DR- article suggests building a Hong Kong on coast of Middle East run by Euros to give to Arabs so they don't come over there.

So what do kommandos think? Could France and Germany really sustain this project force wise? Could Assad do much about it? Are they Equiped to occupy and fight isis too? Is it reasonable to expect "no military operations" from Neo-Hong Kong? Would Americans back article five of NATO against a pissed Russia even if this was a blatant colonial land grab (how I'm sure it would be seen by some).
>>
>>29215511
What this author doesn't get is that hongkong works because it's populated by chinks, not arabs.

But, about the military part... western military forces could easily expel assad or any other group from a certain piece of land, initially. What they couldn't do is keep the internal peace (see occupation of iraq for reference).
>>
>>29215581
>implying any western force wants to get mucked in with Syria.

Shitlicker.
>>
>>29215581
Well I feel like it would be easier to pacify a city, especially if the immigration system initially lets in more educated people to form a social backbone.

I think the idea is that desert Hong Kong would be occupied by Arabs, but initially ruled by euros with a slow transition as new Arabs are trained in proper administration.

I think it's an interesting solution to a problem. Maybe not the best, but certainly one of the more interesting proposals rather than "kill them" or "let them in and give them free housing, health care, food, etc.".
>>
>>29215720
It's not wanting to, it's limited involvement to preclude future issues at home. By sending a conquering and occupying force to a city state you could prevent having to deal with mass refugees at home. That's the logic anyway.
>>
>>29215730
That's basically setting up a huge problem for later.

Either someone has to defend the city state or its millions will get massacred against hostile enemies, and this political entity would cause us tons of problems for at least decades.
>>
>>29215755
Shit man, why won't we just establish the Kurds to protect then in their acquired territories?
>>
>>29215722
Its almost exactly what the US tried to do in Iraq and Afghanistan, only on a smaller scale. We never could get them to stop killing each other over either which brand of Islam is best (answer:they're all shit) or generations old ethnic hatreds (your grandaddy killed my grandaddy so now I'm going to blow up a school bus) which mostly stem from disputes over which brand of Islam is the best. We also couldn't stop the military and tribal leaders from raping children because that is such an important part of their "culture".
>>
>>29215776
Because the T*rks are NATO members and will never get along with the kurds.
>>
>>29215802
>>29215755

Interesting, thanks for the discussion.

Dubai seems to do ok, is it the homogenous population that makes it different since they are mostly the same rich upper class and same branch of Islam?
>>
>>29215730
The refugees are a European problem, why should the US spend our money and sacrifice our lives at attempting a solution, only to have the yuros sit in the back and piss on us like they always do.
>>
>>29215816
Oil wealth, they've got so much money and such a small country that they can afford to just pay people not to act like shitheads (or at least pay them to act like shitheads someplace else which is what the Saudis do)
>>
>>29215818
I wasn't saying Americans would be involved, article says Europeans.

If I said American at some point that's my mistake, Americans wouldn't really be involved beyond a possible article 5 call if the euro city-state came under attack.
>>
>>29215816
Well their neighbors are pretty similar and aren't aggressive at all to them.

That's probably why.
>>
>>29215720
he is saying the exact opposite you cuntfag
>>
>>29215818

Because the problem for the large part was actually US-made. While Syrian asylum-seekers are the ones that get most press, the most two most common nationalities among the ones that have arrived here are:
1. Iraqi
2. Afghani

If you leave the whole mess for us to fix, do no wonder why we are unhappy...
>>
>>29215900
>not even reading the post you quoted.
>when it clearly states no western military wants to start said fight in the first place
Just because we banter and call each other names doesn't mean you got to take it personal.

Now stop being such a sensitive Sally.
>>
>>29215730
>Implying this shitty plan will not just create another iraq or afghanistan
>Implying we couldn't just close the borders and let the turks handle this (they're to blame for isis anyway with letting every islamist on earth go to syria)
>Implying germany doesn't suicide intentionally no matter what

>>29215818
This.
>>29215916
Bullshit. Iraq and Afghanistan were shit before and they are shit now. People come from all over north africa and the US wasn't at any of these places.

The whole reason europe has a "refugee" problem is that people are allowed to come, stay and receive welfare (under the guise of "asylum") that have no right to do so. If europe (at this point, only germany is left) grew some balls this whole thing would be over in an instant.
>>
OP's article is pretty much the current argument in Congress that the president should create a "safe zone" in one pocket of the country.

In practice, this would mean the United States willfully starting a military intervention with the express purpose of... nation building.

Thanks, but no thanks. Let Germany try it instead, the US and France (well maybe not France) are tired of acting unilaterally on every issue in the Middle East and Africa.
>>
>>29215811
How long do we have to wait to kick them out?
>>
>>29216459
We wait until someone can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that something they did hurt another NATO member, a la isis operatives supported by turkey who had links to Turkish intelligence pull some Oklahoma City bombing shit in Berlin, Rome, or Paris.
>>
>>29216213

>Bullshit. Iraq and Afghanistan were shit before
and they are shit now.

They were organized shit before, now post US invasion they are disorganized shit. The unfortunately cold fact is that would trade ISIS to Saddam any time.

As noted the number of Africans and Syrians that came here and asked asylum is miniscule compared to Iraqi and Afghani. I have very little interest about what happens in other countries when our state economy was already having serious issues before this hugely expensive exodus.

The top four countries from which they arrived with percentages from total (source: Website of local immigration service) :
- Iraqi (63 %)
- Afghani (16 %)
- Somalians (6 %)
- Syrians (3 %)
>>
>>29215722
Nope.

Better to let a generation or two die off. Then see what happens when the dust settles.
If anything we should be shipping small arms and ammo to the ME by the boat load.
Kebab wiping out kebab is the best way to handle it.

Make an island to process refugees.
Make them renounce Islam as a condition of immigration. And only let the useful ones thru.
Tagging them like animals might be a good idea too.
>>
>>29215581
>What they couldn't do is keep the internal peace (see occupation of iraq for reference).
occupation only works if occupying force acts as if it was planning to stay
everybody, natives included, knew that west is going to pull out sooner or later
and then those who help em will be left alone to deal with sand ppl that would come back

after what murrika did in vietnam and more recently ukraine west will have hard time occupying anything because natives simply wont buy it
>>
>>29217560
Which country are you talking about? Europe (Germany that is) currently receives people from all over north africa and the middle east. I guess the war in syria and iraq increases the number (and caused the moral imperative to accept those "poor war refugees" instead of seeing them as the economic migrants they are) but let's face it, there's been war in lybia and syria before western powers did jack shit, and there would be wars either way.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.