[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ak v sks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 270x360
Good morning boyos.
Question. Is there any advantage that a kalashnikov has over an SKS? Besides capacity. It's hard for me to justify paying three times the amount for a rifle that's "ok" at best and will mostly be a trunk gun.
>>
>>29214718
>It's hard for me to justify paying three times
Where are you finding a sub-$200 SKS in 2016?
>>
>>29214735
$350 SKS. 850 AK
I guess it's closer to double but that's not what I'm driving at. What does an AK do that an SKS or AR15 doesn't do better?
>>
>>29214748
You realize you can still find a WASR for lie $550-600 right?
>>
>>29214758
Oh sweet. What does it do better for the extra 2 hundy?
>>
>>29214765
SKS rifles are heavy as fuck for what they are. If you're looking for a truck gun I'd suggest and AK pistol though which can be had for about $400-500. The cheapest SKS rifles you'll find right now are going to be beat up Chinese ones imported from the Balkans and Yugo ones. The Yugo ones are kinda overbuilt in order to compensate for the lack of chrome-lining in the barrel (which you'd want for trunk gun).
>>
>>29214778
Tnx bby :^)
>>
>>29214789
>>29214778
I should clarify that you DO want chrome lining and thus you wouldn't want a Yugo. If you're dead set on an SKS get a chink one but inspect it first.
>>
>>29214794
I've shot both and have never been impressed at the AK-47. I hate the safety onthe stock is made for PT communists. It also has a weird "twangy" feel when fired. If only the SKS had a Peep-sight
>I want to love the AK-47 so bad.
>>
>>29214824
*petite communists
>>
>>29214824
>>29214829
>the stock is made for PT communists.
When will this meme die? The only time they're uncomfortable is if you'r a 6'6" 140lb lanklet or you're shouldering it wrong. Here's a hint: your nose should almost be as far forward as the receiver. Also the MAIN reason the stocks are so short is so that when you have a layers under a big winter coat you can still shoulder the things. Also if it's really a problem you can always buy a stock that has a longer length of pull. As for the safety that's not really an issue: https://youtu.be/OpsI6-Ig8rQ
>>
>>29214864
>As for the safety that's not really an issue
wat bout dat mud doe?
>>
>>29214897
Well you don't walk around with it open unless you're in a firefight in which case it's not really an issue.
>>
>>29214864
Maybe it's a meme because ppl find it awkward. I don't buy the whole you're holding it wrong excuse because i've shot rifles most my life and I've never heard anybody say that an AR 15 or Mauser or FAL or smle didn't fit. But I hear it a lot with the AK
>making excuses for 5'3" commies bundles up in thier marshmallow uniform
>>
>>29214927
>i've dun shot rifle muh whole life and this commie piece of trash
Kill yoursel
>>
>>29214916
SKS safety is still more ergonomic, in a better position, doesn't sound like a 3 ring binder closing, and doesn't expose rifle to dirt.
>moving goalposts
>>
>>29214942
Nice straw man. I never said it was trash. I said other rifles are better for a lower cost.
>>
>>29214944
>moving goalposts
Not even. Literally all you have to do with the AK safety is hand chop from the grip.
>>
>>29214950
Because
>making excuses for 5'3" commies bundles up in thier marshmallow uniform
Is somehow not a strawman?
>>
>>29214942
>if the stock is too short, get a stock that isn't as short.
>ITS CLEARLY YOU SAYING RIFLE IS BAD!
calm down
>>
>>29214954
And the SKS requires one finger moving less than an inch. Your still missing the point
>>
>>29214954
It's still a pretty shit safety.
>>
>>29214957
Because that literally your response to "the stock feels too short"
>>
>>29214718
No not really

Btdubs I like your picture bby
>>
>>29214718
>detachable mags
>weight
>ease of maintenance
>ergos
that's about it
>>
When your sks slamfires and kills your mom you would have wished you had bought an ak
>>
>>29214718
I like them both I honestly kinda see the SKS as more of a range toy/ranch utility rifle.
I see the AK as more of a fighting rifle that really can do whatever the SKS can do even though you will probably get weird looks if you hunt with an AK
>>
The average SKS will outlast and outperform a cheap AK every time, the SKS was just overbuilt and simple to operate.
>>
I enjoy my Saiga 7.62x39 far more than my Yugo SKS I'm just as accurate with it, and it doesn't weigh as much. Favorite comblock weapon is still the VZ-58 though.
>>
>>29216289
This. You can feel the difference in build quality, op. Pressed steel (ak) vs machined receiver (sks). There's no contest. They will only slam fire if the channel is dirty or still full of cosmoline. If you're really worried you can get a cheap aftermarket firing pin that solves the issue. Great funz!
>>
>>29214718
The SKS's trigger is awful
>>
>>29216426
My sks is still one of my favorite rifles, but I agree with this entirely. Worst trigger I've ever seen.
>>
>>29214718
I've shot both, and I don't see much difference in how they shoot. My wasr seemed short so I bought a slide stock. I didn't like the weight of the sks, so I replaced the wood with something lighter. Both can be converted to f/a, both use the same ammo, and both are decent to shoot. I did notice a little better accuracy with my sks, but that's because I'm used to rifles like that o er my wasr.

Basically I don't see anything different aside from comfortability.
>>
>>29216815
>replaced the wood stock on SKS for something lighter

You could have just gotten a saiga in 7.62 fagtard

>muh full auto

You're a fucking dipstick
>>
I own both.

They are both accurate out to the same range. The SKS is much nicer to shoot, it really does handle recoil better. They are only different in a few ways. An AK obviously has magazines and is easier to put an optic on. An AK also is simpler and easier to clean than an SKS, especially regarding the firing pin and gas pistons.
>>
>>29216841
>you could have just bought a saga
You're right. But what I did was cheaper. So fuck you.

>you're a fucking dipstick
Someone's cranky.
>>
>>29216119
Someone didn't clean out the firing pin channel on their SKS. How does it feel, having to live with the fact that your mom would still be alive if you had cleaned your SKS the say you're supposed to?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.