[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SVD questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: pix950867508.jpg (66 KB, 567x409) Image search: [Google]
pix950867508.jpg
66 KB, 567x409
What is the least financially painful way to get an SVD in the US that isn't "smuggle one from Europe"?
>>
Smuggle it from south america
>>
>>29210002
There isn't one. If was we'd have a lot more SVDs here.
>>
Smuggle one from mexico
>>
>>29210002

the absolute cheapest thing to do would be to file one out of steel billets using hand tools. If a Pakistani eight year old can do it, you can, too.
>>
>>29210019
>>29210029

Are there actually SVDs in south america?
I thought most places down there banned all military rifles.
>>
>>29210021
I'm aware that there are SVD's here, I'm just looking for fingernail-pullingly expensive, not testicle smashingly expensive.
>>
>>29210019
>>29210029
so fahny maek me laff
>>
>>29210056
> I'm just looking for fingernail-pullingly expensive, not testicle smashingly expensive.
Maybe you didn't understand
>There isn't one. If was we'd have a lot more SVDs here.
>>
>>29210002
1) buy a NDM86 and convince yourself that it is an SVD
2) buy a Tiger, full length barrel and conversion parts and enjoy your SVD
>>
Either get a 54r vepr and a svd-like stock, a shitty psl, or suck it up.

I think the .308 NDM86's are a little cheaper, but they're still probably over 3000

>select all street signs
>a cut up picture of a mailbox
>>
>>29210053

yeah but Venuzuela and Cuba and a few other commie shithole type countries actually use them, and you could always bribe some armory clerk and get one that way.
>>
>>29210002
Buy an Airshit one.

Rumor is there's a company who makes one out of real SVD receivers, or if the quality is just so high you can't tell, but it'd be impressive on your wall regardless.
>>
>>29210138
>buy a vepr or PSL
No, because that's not what I want.
>>29210123
>NDM
NDM's are pushing the envelope as far as what I'm willing to do.
>buy a Tiger and convert it
Elaborate, pls.
>>
>Put money away every month towards SVD fund
>Stop doing expensive shit like going out to eat
>Quit expensive habits like smoking, drinking, etc.

Enjoy your new SVD raifu
>>
>>29210123
Please respond
>>
Please tell me you're secrets, anon.
>>
>>29210032
SVD isn't an AK variant fag.
>>
>>29210123
The ndm 86 is actually the better option imo.
>cheaper
And you literally cannot convert a tiger into into an svd.
>>
>>29211913
Wrong. They use the same receiver. Just be aware that they both switched to the type 2 flat side in the 90s.
>>
>>29210178
Real Sword is the brand you are talking about, though they take parts from Norinco.
>>
>>29211945
It has to do with the gas system retard.
>>
>>29212213
You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>29212244
Also tiger barrels are about 2" shorter but yeah, keep telling yourself I don't know what I'm talking about.
>>
cartels probably have some drive down to nuevo laredo with $20000
>>
>>29210002
Have someone else smuggle one in from Europe/
>>
Kinda silly to pay a ton for a rather generic semi-auto rifle that's only expensive because they're rare.

PSL's are nearly as good.

M1As are better than both.
>>
>>29210002
Why do you even want one?
For 1/2 the price of even the shittiest look alike Tiger you can have a great AR-10 and a good tier optic. Probably have a little left over to spend on reloading gear so you can have a 1/2 moa rifle and still save on ammo.
>>
>>29212302
You don't. The more you post the more obvious it is.
>>
>>29212213
You're an idiot. The gas system on the tigr is the same as on the SVD except for the gas regulator, which is easily swapped out.

But keep telling yourself that you know dick about SVDs.
>>
File: svdbuyer'sguide.png (552 KB, 886x2183) Image search: [Google]
svdbuyer'sguide.png
552 KB, 886x2183
>>29211913
You can though. Literally every part of the SVD sans the firing pin is compatible with the Tigr, and can be installed normally.

Just save up to buy a Tigr op. NDMs have been going for higher prices over the last 3 or 4 years. It's not that hard as long as you are willing to save up.
>>
>>29210002
>guise i want a really expensive thing for very little money help pls

Just get a nagant and save the rest of mom's money for cheetos
>>
Honestly, you could probably smuggle parts in from europe piecemeal pretty easily. Get a couple funsears in czechland and germany, stuff em in a dvd player and put it in your carry on.
>>
>>29213387
Sure, because several trips to Europe is cheaper than buying the gun outright.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.