[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Powder Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: rem1858_armi_san_paolo.jpg (16 KB, 605x282) Image search: [Google]
rem1858_armi_san_paolo.jpg
16 KB, 605x282
Hey /k/,

Just got pic related.
Also picked up some caps, wads, a cabelas pistol cleaning aluminum handle thing with rod, triple 7 and 454 balls.

Also picked up a starter kit from cabelas.

How do I go about preparing to shoot this beauty sat/sunday?

More importantly how do I clean it effectively?

Do I need to take this shit down every time I clean it? I am worried about fucking up the screws.

I have spray ballistol but not the normal kind people combine with water.

What process do you guys use?

How high should I fell my powder horn full of powder? How many grains should I use of 777 fffg?

Thanks in adance and black powder general thread.
>>
If you're using black powder substitute you don't need to be anal about cleaning. Pyrodex and shit won't rape your shit compared to real BP.
Just clean it like any other gun.
>>
File: photo.jpg (58 KB, 720x481) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
58 KB, 720x481
More pretty revolvers.
>>
>>29209389
What do you mean?

I thought Triple 7 and pyrodex were both best cleaned with water?

So you would just spray it down with ballistol?

How would I clean out the area with trigger parts or hammer assembly without full dissasembly?

Do I need to remove the nipples every time?
>>
>>29209402
You don't have to be anal about it
>>
>>29209429
What do you do?

Everything I read about black powder elsewhere seems to indicate if you aren't anal you get rust.
>>
>>29209367

Anyone know where can I get a black powder musket pistol in commiefornia? Feeling the Arrrg in pirate firearms.
>>
>>29209541
I believe CA allows mail order.

May wanna check yourself via state gun laws site.
>>
File: wm_7593893.jpg (70 KB, 1347x465) Image search: [Google]
wm_7593893.jpg
70 KB, 1347x465
Kino approved.
>>
>>29209392
What is far left?
>>
>>29209367

You got an 1858? That's the best design from the period. Who made it? Pedersoli makes an AMAZING 1858 that's competition quality. Experiment with conical bullets, they may be more accurate. If you really want it to be a great shooter make sure the cylinders line up with the barrel very accurately.

>>29209402

Nope, it'll be ok if you don't clean the nipples every time.

>>29209506

You can use sulfer free black powder. That'll stop the corrosion. You can hardly find genuine black powder anywhere though. It's easy enough to make yourself.
>>
>>29209389
BP fouling isn't even that bad, all you need to do is wipe it down with some oil.
>>
>>29210046
>>29210062
What process do you guys use?

It seems online people take down all the parts and throw it in hot soapy water. Plunge out he bore with a patch on a rod and brush and then clean ot each cylinder the same way after removing the nipples.

Then the video guys seems to clean nipples using brush.

Another post I read talked about putting the whole gun in water after just taing off cylinder and grip wood.

cleaning with water then blowdrying and oiling.

What do you do?
>>
>>29210046
It's a pietta.
>>
File: viktor.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
viktor.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>29209698

Kino?
>>
File: 300px-KinoCover.jpg (38 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
300px-KinoCover.jpg
38 KB, 300x428
>>29210408
Kino.
>>
>>29210434

yй бля!
>>
>>29210181

I don't have one, I'd just clean it in hot soapy water with pipe cleaners and bore snakes then dry with paper towels and oil it up. Using oiled wads and bore butter keeps it cleaner, too.

>>29210259

Bummer. The Pedersoli one is outright amazing and an Uberti would definitely be worth saving for... No idea how selective Cabelas is about what they buy or if they do any work to them when they get them. Regardless, it's still going to be stronger and last longer than the ones they made in the 1800s.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.