[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
A few years ago I was in an armory and found a very old AR-pattern riflr. It's lack of forward assist, slabside recieved, pronged flash hider and triangular grip made me think it was an M16, but on the receiver was stamped "COLT GOVT MODEL AR-15".

Oh it was select-fire as well

What model was this fampai?
>>
Total guess here, but probably an M16 assembled on a police AR-15 receiver.
>>
Autocorrect fuck me right up senpai
>>
>>29206100

I guess, but this was in a gunless place and the barrel and receiver had similar stamps
>>
>>29206100

Basing this on the fact that police ARs used to be sold as "Colt's Government Model AR-15", as evidenced by that classic "look like a faggot, get a burnt hand" image that I can't seem to find.
>>
>>29206137

>I was in an armory
>This was in a gunless place

Enlighten me, OP, as to what purpose a gunless armory serves?
>>
>>29206148

The country is gunless, the military isn't

>'Armory'
>>
>>29206162

You Israeli? The US sends Israel a ton of surplus ARs in parts, which I'd imagine don't always get reassembled in the original configuration.

Like all those sweet 10.5" Colt Commandos they issue, with 1990s uppers on worn-ass bare metal Vietnam War recevers.
>>
>>29206198
A lot of those commandos were regular M16A1s reconfigured in country.
>>
>>29206198

To elaborate, I only know about Israel getting these but I'd assume if your country is a US military ally there is a similar program where you guys get piecemeal surplus ARs that are reassembled Frankengun style out of whatever is still functional.
>>
>>29206207

I just remember a bunch of IDF buddies I met last time I was in Israel having a mix of civvie and milsurp AR parts on theirs.
>>
>>29206198

I'm not Israeli, no.

But interestingly enough there were a rack of CAR-15s and M16A1s with really sketchy telescoping stocks. Most of the rifles in that specific armory hadn't been issued for use for years on end, but had to be oiled and checked(hence my presence)
>>
>>29206229

It'd be a lot easier to figure this out if you'd tell us what country you are in.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 581x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 581x750
>>29206140
Here you go fampai
>>
>>29206461

It's not relevant, but it was Singapore
>>
>>29206557

Thx bb ;3

>>29206662

Of course it's relevant, now I can look up past military aid that the US and Canada has provided to Singapore and its allies to try and figure out how an American police AR ended up in a Singaporean armory.
>>
>>29206928

Aaaand that little tidbit of info is already bearing fruit.

83.3% of foreign aid to Singapore is earmarked as "Security Assistance", 99.1% of which is classified as "Counter-Terrorism and Nonproliferation".

The two largest years of military assistance to Singapore (by far) were 1968 and 1969, with $70M and $30M in aid given, respectively. Unsurprising, as Britain withdrew forces from Singapore in January of 1968. They probably needed weapons.

The AR-15 saw first issue as the M16 rifle in 1963, a full five years beforehand. That rifle you found may very well be nearly 50 years old and part of a shipment of new rifles to the burgeoning state of Singapore after the withdrawal of British forces.
>>
>>29206996

Bless you, I should never have doubted your ability
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 500x534
>>29206928
Y-your wel-welcome
>>
>>29209197
Noodz bb ;^{)
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 680x918) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 680x918
>>29209922
Can't bby, blue board :(( Have some eye candy, tho
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.